Apple releases iTunes 10.5.1 with public launch of iTunes Match

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 109
    Before it was released I was one of the ones that said it was better to release it late if it meant fewer bugs.

Now that it's out I wish that they had waited even longer to release it so they could have worked on it more.
  • Reply 102 of 109
    gctwnlgctwnl Posts: 278member
    Has Apple said anything about a roll out to the rest of the world, esp. when?
  • Reply 103 of 109
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

Before it was released I was one of the ones that said it was better to release it late if it meant fewer bugs.

Now that it's out I wish that they had waited even longer to release it so they could have worked on it more.

Ive used iTunes match since it went public- I haven't had a bug yet. I haven't tried to stream it to my phone though- so maybe that's where it's bad? But as far as different locations on iMacs MacBook airs and apple TV, it's flawless so far for me at least (about 2k songs)
  • Reply 104 of 109
    Yay! I have successfully subscribed to iTunes Match, without a US credit card. My go-to guy for iTunes gift cards started selling $25 AMEX gift cards for $40. Expensive, I know, but better than bugging a friend or relative to give you their credit card details. So far, I love it! I left the upload process in progress this morning, and by lunch, all my matched tracks were available, and my unmatched tracks were being uploaded. I like that I can shuffle tracks that are on the cloud.
  • Reply 105 of 109
    I subscribed to Match last week when it was released. It successfully matched several thousand of my 23,000 tunes. It has now been uploading the unmatched tunes I have for several days. It is particularly taking a loooong time to upload the Grateful Dead tunes I have. Granted they tend to be long and therefore large files. It is still surprising that iTunes has been uploading unstopped for several days. Still have 1,300 to go.

Has anyone else experienced this? Not a complaint but just trying to be sure it is occurring with others.
  • Reply 106 of 109
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TallistDah View Post

I subscribed to Match last week when it was released. It successfully matched several thousand of my 23,000 tunes. It has now been uploading the unmatched tunes I have for several days. It is particularly taking a loooong time to upload the Grateful Dead tunes I have. Granted they tend to be long and therefore large files. It is still surprising that iTunes has been uploading unstopped for several days. Still have 1,300 to go.

Has anyone else experienced this? Not a complaint but just trying to be sure it is occurring with others.

Mine went pretty quick, but it was just a couple hundred- so I don't have experience with thousands. But great news that it hasn't bogged their servers down- that's a good sign for things to come.
  • Reply 107 of 109
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Mine went pretty quick, but it was just a couple hundred- so I don't have experience with thousands. But great news that it hasn't bogged their servers down- that's a good sign for things to come.

Agree that it wasn't their servers or something on their side. iTunes finished up the process last night and I have over 22,000 available across all of my devices. It works great. My guess is The Dead stuff took a lot of processing. More "new" Dead stuff available on Dead.Net and it seems to work fine with the Match.http://forums.appleinsider.com/images/smilies/1cool.gif
  • Reply 108 of 109
    There is a limit of 25,000 songs in the new iTunes Match. If you have more than 25,000 songs it sounds like you can not take advantage of this service. Does anyone know what happens if you have less than 25,000 and then reach the limit. Does Match just stop matching and or uploading? Does your match capability disappear and you no longer have what you previously matched and uploaded? What about the $24.99 you paid?
  • Reply 109 of 109
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Ive used iTunes match since it went public- I haven't had a bug yet. I haven't tried to stream it to my phone though- so maybe that's where it's bad? But as far as different locations on iMacs MacBook airs and apple TV, it's flawless so far for me at least (about 2k songs)

It doesn't stream.