No facetime app on my new iphone

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I just got a new iPhone 4s and when i downloaded my apps, it deleted the facetime app. Does anyone know what to do?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ? Deleted? You're sure? Spotlight doesn't find it?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

… Deleted? You're sure? Spotlight doesn't find it?

There's no FaceTime App on the iPhone. The app only exists on the iPod Touch and iPad.

On the iPhone, you make a FaceTime call from either the Phone app or the Contacts app, when you're connected to a WiFi network. You receive FaceTime calls as long as you've set the FaceTime preference to an active Mobile Me or iCloud account and you're connected to WiFi.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

There's no FaceTime App on the iPhone. The app only exists on the iPod Touch and iPad.

On the iPhone, you make a FaceTime call from the phone app (or the contacts app). You receive FaceTime calls as long as you've set the FaceTime preference to an active Mobile Me or iCloud account.

Ah. That would explain it, then.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

On the iPhone, you make a FaceTime call from either the Phone app or the Contacts app, when you're connected to a WiFi network. You receive FaceTime calls as long as you've set the FaceTime preference to an active Mobile Me or iCloud account and you're connected to WiFi.

thanks.