AT&T confirms plan to throttle heaviest unlimited data users Oct 1

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) They clearly specify what they mean in the contract you sign. You agree to it and take your chance if you break the rules.

I have no objection to limits, the part I object to is advertising the service as unlimited when it isn't. It's a too convenient crutch, and it lets them have it both ways.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    I just got an email that I will be throttled if I use the same amount next month......

A whopping 2.1GB!!!!!

Absurd. They've gone too far.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whozown View Post

How much do you have to consume to be not he 5%? I got unlimited and I average about 6gigs a month.

• Reply 63 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

How does one tell, unless they ran a speed test, that they have been throttled?

My iPad with Unlimited ATT 3G at times just spins it's wheels pulling up a standard web page or checking e-mail and I know I don't use 3G that often thanks to wifi at home and elsewhere.

Does throttling revert 3G back to Edge speeds? Curious to know if anyone has been throttled? How they knew and how their device acted (ie slooooow)

/

/

/

I've been getting throttled for 2 weeks now. I don't have Internet at home and work full time and go to school; wifi is rarely an opportunity I have. I cannot wait to fire AT&T. If the merger with T-Mobile goes through, we're screwed. This tactic should serve as a reason as to why it should never be allowed. I'm not sure why there hasn't been a lawsuit already but am certain it is soon to come.
  • Reply 64 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I have no objection to limits, the part I object to is advertising the service as unlimited when it isn't. It's a too convenient crutch, and it lets them have it both ways.

Thing is, AT&T won't lose any lawsuits.

They're giving them unlimited data. They can download as much as they please, 24/7.

What they're NOT giving is unlimited speed, and that's the argument they'd use against their users.