Best Buy airs TV ads promoting itself as the source for Apple products

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Who sees my time capsule? Who sees my airport extreme? Who sees my Apple TV? Who sees my Mac mini I use as a server for a side company I run (that uses FileMaker as the database that my iPhone and iPad have phenomenal apps made for them)? Who sees my iMac in my office at home? I buy apple products because they are better. Better made and work in conjunction with each other much more effectively. I could buy a really nice windowd PC, an awesome samsung galaxy, and a great android tablet. Hook them all up with a western digital hard drive to backup manually and a linksys router. But I like convenience, I like not having to maintain like I did in the pc world, and I don't mind paying extra for less stress and more time.

Now my MacBook air, iPhones, and iPad- those suck. I bought those just so people could see them.

Well said. Trolls / Apple haters it seems project their hatred /envy and some how twist this into a self delusion that people only buy Apple stuff to show them? Amazing.
  • Reply 42 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Well said. Trolls / Apple haters it seems project their hatred /envy and some how twist this into a self delusion that people only buy Apple stuff to show them? Amazing.

Tell me where someone said that for all Mac users?

Some people buy Giorgi Armani for the quality (I had some glasses from them before) and a lot buy just because it's the brand to show off. That does NOT mean all do. I don't get the logic here...
  • Reply 43 of 54
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    I'm surprised Best Buy would want to be associated with a company known for releasing underwhelming products like the iPhone 4S.

Must be that Apple religion thing again!
  • Reply 44 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

I'm surprised Best Buy would want to be associated with a company known for releasing underwhelming products like the iPhone 4S.

Must be that Apple religion thing again!

Best Buy sell Dynex and overpriced Monster cables.
  • Reply 45 of 54
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by linkgx1 View Post

Best Buy sell Dynex and overpriced Monster cables.

Touché
  • Reply 46 of 54
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    The last time I was in a Best Buy I went to the Apple section and the place was disgusting. The iPads were all scratched and smudged with greasy finger streaks. The table looked like it had not been cleaned in a month. I certainly didn't want to touch anything. Everything was out of place, crooked and there was nobody there. No salesperson or customers. It was just a very bad representation of Apple as a company.
  • Reply 47 of 54
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Best Buy is more like Worst Buy.

If I worked for Apple I would insist that Apple personally staff their section of best buy, or pull out altogether. They employ such unimaginable idiots it's embarrassing.
  • Reply 48 of 54
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Magic_Al View Post

Article posted with camcorder video of TV screen. Best Buy posted the spot on their YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Hfcl1Z_PjfE

Thank you.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Best Buy is more like Worst Buy.

If I worked for Apple I would insist that Apple personally staff their section of best buy, or pull out altogether. They employ such unimaginable idiots it's embarrassing.

I concur.
  • Reply 49 of 54
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

The last time I was in a Best Buy I went to the Apple section and the place was disgusting. The iPads were all scratched and smudged with greasy finger streaks. The table looked like it had not been cleaned in a month. I certainly didn't want to touch anything. Everything was out of place, crooked and there was nobody there. No salesperson or customers. It was just a very bad representation of Apple as a company.

I agree 100%. I think best buy does Apple a huge disservice with the way they display and maintain the Apple section.
  • Reply 50 of 54
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OTN View Post

Just out of curiosity what does her looks or sexual preference have anything to do with your point ?

Some people are ugly both on the inside and the outside.

I don't make fun of people for their looks, unless they are also ugly on the inside, and my intention is to offend those kind of people.
  • Reply 51 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Some people are ugly both on the inside and the outside.

I don't make fun of people for their looks, unless they are also ugly on the inside, and my intention is to offend those kind of people.

But citing sexual preference in a negative way is an Ad Homeniem as their sexual preferences doesn't really stick in a given situation....unless their sexual orientation directly affected something.
  • Reply 52 of 54
    splifsplif Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Apple pioneered the concept of store within a store

Wait. Bloomingdale's was avalible in 1860. Apple is over 100 years old?! OMG! Wait a sec, that totally means Gamecrazy WASN'T a store within Holywood Video. MIND TOTALY BLOWN.

Gamecrazy happened in 2003...Not sure about Bloomingdale's. I think Apple did it in 1997.
  • Reply 53 of 54
    splifsplif Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Tell me where someone said that for all Mac users?

Some people buy Giorgi Armani for the quality (I had some glasses from them before) and a lot buy just because it's the brand to show off. That does NOT mean all do. I don't get the logic here...

How do you explain Windows users?
  • Reply 54 of 54
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splif View Post

How do you explain Windows users?

Frustrated.