Pent-up demand helps Apple take top spot in UK market with 43% share

Comments

• Reply 21 of 59
    This study did not reveal any surprises and does not indicate any sort of shift in the UK market or any other. Here are a couple corrections/clarifications.

1) Android sales weren't down from a year ago for the quarter ending Oct 30. They were up from 34.2 to 46%

2) Android sales were at 49% for the quarter ending Sep 30, just prior to 4S sales.

3) iPhone 4S sales for the month of October accounted for 43% of smartphone sales compared to Android's 35%. This is the up side, showing boost in sales immediately following an annual release delayed for 4 months.

If November/December's numbers are still close to 43%, that will be newsworthy.
  • Reply 22 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by linkgx1 View Post

So what is the point you are trying to make?

I'll speak for myself here and say all I was trying to do is educate you in a friendly, non condescending manner. (except for the :roll eyes: emoticon, which you deserved for not taking the time to look up the term....which I did for you) And then you slam me for posting two citations demonstrating the use of the word/term in context?

You see, when one doesn't come across like an illiterate, the other members tend to take one more seriously and show more respect for one's argument.
  • Reply 23 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

I'll speak for myself here and say all I was trying to do is educate you in a friendly, non condescending manner. (except for the :roll eyes: emoticon, which you deserved for not taking the time to look up the term....which I did for you) And then you slam me for posting two citations demonstrating the use of the word/term in context?

You see, when one doesn't come across like an illiterate, the other members tend to take one more seriously and show more respect for one's argument.

That's only if you hold an extremely positive view towards Apple. I can't pick up humor here, it's the internet.

I also can't look things up here, as I'm at work and this happens to be one of the only sites that isn't blocked.
  • Reply 24 of 59
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Besides that, congratulations(?) for the most deftly executed thread jacking and derailing the Internet has ever seen. If there was a trophy to award ? which probably isn't a good idea since the winner would likely get bludgeoned with it ? you'd have won it.

That poster (troll) just reeks of a banned poster from a while back. Certainly has traits as one of his disciples, if not the preacher himself.
  • Reply 25 of 59
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:

Don't alter my replies.
  • Reply 26 of 59
    Quote:

I also can't look things up here, as I'm at work and this happens to be one of the only sites that isn't blocked.

Sooooo, that Android phone you're sportin' doesn't have a dictionary app?

(Did you pick up on that humor?)
  • Reply 27 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Big KC View Post

nice meme!
  • Reply 28 of 59
    Quote:

Sooooo, that Android phone you're sportin' doesn't have a dictionary app?

(Did you pick up on that humor?)

Too bad I got rid of it! Was force closing too much.

My 4S is great. My only complaint is.............I didn't get it in white.

And I don't use the dictionary on my iPhone thank you. I like taking screen shots more....
  • Reply 29 of 59
    Quote:

Don't alter my replies.

What are you talking about?
  • Reply 30 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by heinzel View Post

nice meme!

That's a very old meme. At least 7 years old. Great originality. \
  • Reply 31 of 59
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

You need to read more. (And broadcast your ignorance less!)

This ^^^
  • Reply 32 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

This ^^^

You should come up with original responses. Adds more to the discussion and makes you look more educated.
  • Reply 33 of 59
    Quote:

Again, that could have been ignored. If I don't know something, then why am I being attacked for it? Everyone here knows everything, apparently?

What about the fact that what he said was totally hilarious?
  • Reply 34 of 59
    Quote:

What about the fact that what he said was totally hilarious?

I'm a comedian now? What gives? Soliphism said I wasn't funny...
  • Reply 35 of 59
    Quote:

That's only if you hold an extremely positive view towards Apple. I can't pick up humor here, it's the internet.

Dictionary.com, blocked! Google.com, blocked! AI? Yeah... let'm waste our money arguing on message boards
  • Reply 36 of 59
    Quote:

C'mon dude, 675 posts in a little over a month? Where would he find the time???!

I know dude. all the Google, Samesung, Microsoft, and Amazon marketting droids astroturf these pages hard core anymore...
  • Reply 37 of 59
    Quote:

You should come up with original responses. Adds more to the discussion and makes you look more educated.

True. I was pretty slow on this one, in hindsight. You made an easy target for just about everyone! You might want to just walk away from the computer for a while, this is clearly not going to be a good night for you.
  • Reply 38 of 59
    Quote:

True. I was pretty slow on this one, in hindsight. You made an easy target for just about everyone! You might want to just walk away from the computer for a while, this is clearly not going to be a good night for you.

This ^^^^
  • Reply 39 of 59
    Quote:

BRING.IT.ON (Good movie BTW)
  • Reply 40 of 59
    Quote:

This ^^^^

This^^^^ isn't original, even to your self. Unless you put 42, as that's always the answer.