• Reply 81 of 121
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Sure as hell destroyed that argument.

huh? obvious troll is obvious
  • Reply 82 of 121
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

And, yet, you STILL haven't explained how the Samsung attorney was unable to tell them apart if they're nothing alike.

you can't reason with a troll. In spite of any and all evidence to the contrary, the troll will insist the Samesung tablet is an innovate device which in no way rips off the iPad.
  • Reply 83 of 121
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bullhead View Post

you can't reason with a troll. In spite of any and all evidence to the contrary, the troll will insist the Samesung tablet is an innovate device which in no way rips off the iPad.

So... Essentially what you're saying is that you're not only a nescient, illiterate brand-fanatic, but also a sore loser.

Good to know...
  • Reply 84 of 121
    Quote:

And, yet, you STILL haven't explained how the Samsung attorney was unable to tell them apart if they're nothing alike.

Who said they are nothing alike?
  • Reply 85 of 121
    Quote:

So he didn't destroy the argument presented by the poster who linked the false photo showing an immense paradigm shift in tablet design pre and post iPad?
  • Reply 86 of 121
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Who said they are nothing alike?

Possibly the little Siri voice in his head... LOL!
  • Reply 87 of 121
    It is so stupid for people to say that even though the older tablets may have the same basic shape (rectangular with rounded corners and a bezel) but it is completely different because the iPad is thinner....

GUESS WHAT!!!! IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE to make the older ones thinner because of the computer and battery technology of the day. I am 100% certain that they made them as thin as the could just like Apple made the iPad as thin as battery and computer technology allowed. Do you really think people a few years ago were so stupid and to make a table thicker than it needed to be for styling reasons?????

I have not looked, but I sure as hell hope that Apple was not granted a design patent on "THIN"???????

Daharder proved beyond ANY reasonable doubt that Apple DID NOT invent rectangular with rounded corners and a bezel in a tablet design.... Common sense designed them that way and Apple should NEVER have been granted any type of design patten on the most obvious way to build a tablet that was confirmed several years BEFORE the iPad existed....!!!!!
  • Reply 88 of 121
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by allenadams View Post

LG had an iPAD out in 2001! Almost a decade before the Apple's iPAD. Obviously, the idea for these devices are not as "creative" as Apple would like us to think it is.

"The Digital iPAD, a Linux-based Web pad, was demonstrated for the first time by South Korean hardware manufacturer LG Electronics at the CeBIT computer fair in Hanover, Germany this week."

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/N...-pad-at-CeBIT/

Wow!

Thanks for the link.

I think LG should sue Apple of copycatting. Remember Prada ? which Apple copied in Iphones?. See above link, Apple even copied a product name in Ipad as well.

Just Wow!!
  • Reply 89 of 121
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sranger View Post

It is so stupid for people to say that even though the older tablets may have the same basic shape (rectangular with rounded corners and a bezel) but it is completely different because the iPad is thinner....

GUESS WHAT!!!! IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE to make the older ones thinner because of the computer and battery technology of the day. I am 100% certain that they made them as thin as the could just like Apple made the iPad as thin as battery and computer technology allowed. Do you really think people a few years ago were so stupid and to make a table thicker than it needed to be for styling reasons?????

I have not looked, but I sure as hell hope that Apple was not granted a design patent on "THIN"???????

Daharder proved beyond ANY reasonable doubt that Apple DID NOT invent rectangular with rounded corners and a bezel in a tablet design.... Common sense designed them that way and Apple should NEVER have been granted any type of design patten on the most obvious way to build a tablet that was confirmed several years BEFORE the iPad existed....!!!!!

Exactly... and as much as I enjoy some of the information presented here on AI, the lack of reason, logic, and rationale on the part of some of its members is simply appalling, making any semblance of an intelligent discussion nearly impossible.

On numerous occasions I, and countless others, have thoroughly debunked the claims of those more brand-divisive in here, not because we don't appreciate Apple's efforts, but because as much as I truly enjoy my Apple devices, they are not the be all/end all of technology/design/innovation, nor is everything they do beyond reproach or scrutiny.

For many of us, Apple is merely a tech company... NOT a Cult.
  • Reply 90 of 121
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Really?

The radius on the corners of my Galaxy Tab are much tighter than my iPad 2... So, You're Wrong

The bevel on the Galaxy Tab is considerably more rounded than my iPad 2... So, You're Wrong.

The casing of my Galaxy Tab is made completely of HQ plastics, not aluminum... So, Wrong Again!

So... Given the level of complete ignorance you've displayed in your post, it's likely that you don't even own both devices, and until you do, you'll just be another talking-point spewing fanatic with absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Wow, this actually made sense. You brought in strong evidence, that oblitered the claims. Good job. Of course, I don't think anyone can see this as I think I'm blocked out of existence for some reason. Something is seriously wrong with this account.....
  • Reply 91 of 121
    Quote:

How is presenting evidence make you a troll?
  • Reply 92 of 121
    Quote:

You pictures show it truely is a copy. Exactly same curved corners. Exactly same width bevel. Exactly same aluminum trim. Oh, the aspect ration is different. Clearly Samesung innovated there. Of course, their tablets before the iPad looked nothing remotely like this is beyond the point, right?

Oh, your car tyre is round as mine!!

Look! They are different. The Galaxy corners are more rounded. Not exact same witdth bezel. You have not seen Tablet Newspapers (1994) and Samsung Digital Photo Frame (2006)? I think Apple copied the Tablet Newspapers (1994) design and functionality into Ipad, and that Samsung borrowed their own Samsung Digital Photo Frame design into their Galaxy tab.

See the first page, someone posted a link

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/N...-pad-at-CeBIT/

Digital iPAD in 2001.

And you think Apple is not a copycat?
  • Reply 93 of 121
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jack99 View Post

Try reading up on patent and trademark law before pontificating and making stuff up.

I wasn't making stuff up, one of the justices explicitly said he didn't think the original judgment was very "fair" to Samsung. Gee, if only he thought his job was to dispense justice instead of fairness.
  • Reply 94 of 121
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:

Never once did I post anything about the device being 'nothing alike', so please stop with the lies already, and as for the actions of the aforementioned attorney, I wasn't there, therefore I can't speak of said individual's level of product knowledge or degree of gadget ignorance, but when presented with ridiculous claims of 'exact' this and 'exactly the same' that by some rabid brand-fanatic on a gadget site, I sure disproved every, single false claim they made.

I never claimed that you said they were nothing alike. What you said was:

Quote:

Though my Galaxy Tab 10.1 is of a completely different aspect ratio, material composition, and screen resolution than either my iPad or iPad 2, the camera locations are completely different as are the operating systems on which the devices run, and the GT 10.1 doesn't feature a single [HOME] button anywhere on its front surface, in addition to being both thinner and lighter than either of my Apple tablets.

Anyone who could go into a store, see a Samsung Galaxy Tab in a box clearly marked SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB and Android Technology, and still thinks it's an Apple iPad is likely too daft to ever use a modern piece of technology anyway.

If that's true, then why is it that a lawyer who has spent months with the two tablets can't tell the difference?

Still waiting for an answer.....
  • Reply 95 of 121
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by studiomusic View Post

I'll just leave this here: Even Samsung can't tell the difference between it's tablet and ipad.

Not a great place to leave it at.

Sure the Galaxy Tab and the iPad look somewhat similar. They are in the same device class. If you hold them in a certain way to conceal the differences, don't turn the screen on make your subject stand 20ft away you could probably trick a lot of people.

That's a contrived scenario though, and completly unrelated to the way a person actually uses a tablet.
  • Reply 96 of 121
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lvshow View Post

not that picture again ......... all that rugged tablet, seriously?

they still sell it anyway

http://www.panasonic.com/business/to...ughbook-h2.asp

and the Joojoo tablet

This is desperate stuff. It is amazing the impact that the iPad has had.
  • Reply 97 of 121
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:

For many of us, Apple is merely a tech company... NOT a Cult.

If that is how you feel, then you are not allowed to say anything bad about Apple. Not here, anyways.
  • Reply 98 of 121
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

Not a great place to leave it at.

Sure the Galaxy Tab and the iPad look somewhat similar. They are in the same device class. If you hold them in a certain way to conceal the differences, don't turn the screen on make your subject stand 20ft away you could probably trick a lot of people.

That's a contrived scenario though, and completly unrelated to the way a person actually uses a tablet.

I have to zoom in on TVs @ Best Buy to tell a difference
  • Reply 99 of 121
    Quote:

If that's true, then why is it that a lawyer who has spent months with the two tablets can't tell the difference?

Who the 'eff cares? Why do people keep bringing the lawyer up? Why do people, when they have all this evidence shoved in their face that the Galaxy Tab and iPad aren't the same, not just look with their own eyes instead of saying "oh the lawyer, the lawyer. What about the lawyer!!!!!"

Just forget about the lawyer. It's irrelevant. Look at what is in front of your face.
  • Reply 100 of 121
    Quote:

I never claimed that you said they were nothing alike. What you said was:

Still waiting for an answer.....

Who can answer that? DaHarder already explained fait bit. I LOL at the news, but if you go on, it is more insulting to him.

They are very different products. Based on what you can do with those, I think they are in different product category for different market. Ipad is for preschooler and elders, and Galaxy Tab is for everyone in between, IMO.

I myself purchased Ipad2 over Galaxy Tab. Beleive me my 3 year old dauther can tell the difference.