Syria bans Apple's iPhone in attempt to silence protesters

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You've already been banned and had your previous account removed, linkgx1. Do you really want to get banned again for altering other's posts and not adding anything outside the quote but emoticons?

I didn't alter posts. I bolded my responses in in black.
  • Reply 42 of 59
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rugby_kid View Post

I didn't alter posts. I bolded my responses in in black.

And if I want to reply to what you added to the other person's quoted text I have to not only hit the reply button, but remove your obnoxious emoticons, then go back to find that your additional comments, copy them, and then paste them into my edit window before I can start typing my reply. I know you have mania issue but you smart enough to know that what you're doing is purposeful jackassery so don't tell me you didn't realize.
  • Reply 43 of 59
    Quote:

And if I want to reply to what you added to the other person's quoted text I have to not only hit the reply button, but remove your obnoxious emoticons, then go back to find that your additional comments, copy them, and then paste them into my edit window before I can start typing my reply. I know you have mania issue but you smart enough to know that what you're doing is purposeful jackassery so don't tell me you didn't realize.

That's for the ad hominem attack. I'm used to other forum software, and haven't been able to quote without posts. No need to get your panties in a bunch, it's not a big deal seriously. I haven't attacked anybody or anything. This is forum software I'm new to. Not used to vbulletin.

I hope you know, you are going way off topic here and I'm not. I replied to the post and didn't realize it was changed, so don't tell me what I know.
  • Reply 44 of 59
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rugby_kid View Post

That's for the ad hominem attack. I'm used to other forum software, and haven't been able to quote without posts. No need to get your panties in a bunch, it's not a big deal seriously.

I hope you know, you are going way off topic here and I'm not. I replied to the post and didn't realize it was changed, so don't tell me what I know.

I'm trying to keep from not getting banned again by giving you the benefit of the doubt that trolling is not your intention for being a member. Feel free to prove me wrong, which you are doing by claiming you didn't purposefully start entering text right before [/QUOTE] and didn't also use [/B] markup.
  • Reply 45 of 59
    Quote:

I'm trying to keep from not getting banned again by giving you the benefit of the doubt that trolling is not your intention for being a member. Feel free to prove me wrong, which you are doing by claiming you didn't purposefully start entering text right before

and didn't also use [/B] markup.[/QUOTE]

I didn't. I never alter posts. I only add the smiley faces because of the fact that it won't let be post because I see the body.

You shouldn't accuse people of something you don't have evidence of.
  • Reply 46 of 59
    They want to keep Siri out of Syria? Seriously?
  • Reply 47 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jstoner View Post

They want to keep Siri out of Syria? Seriously?

I see what you did there.
  • Reply 48 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Steve's FATHER did not put him up for adoption. His mother did after Dad decided he couldn't have a white girlfriend/wife after all and she felt she didn't have the means to care for a baby.

Dad's racism is why Steve wasn't compelled to find his father.

That's not quite how it happened. The mother's father forbade the relationship. The baby went up for adoption. The mother's father died soon after and the couple was married, and had a second baby, Mona Simpson. In a few years the mother and father got divorced. If Steve's maternal grandfather had died sooner, Steve (with a different name) would have been raised by his biological mother and lived with his biological sister, but his father probably still would have left the family when the children were little.
  • Reply 49 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Magic_Al View Post

That's not quite how it happened. The mother's father forbade the relationship. The baby went up for adoption. The mother's father died soon after and the couple was married, and had a second baby, Mona Simpson. In a few years the mother and father got divorced. If Steve's maternal grandfather had died sooner, Steve (with a different name) would have been raised by his biological mother and lived with his biological sister, but his father probably still would have left the family when the children were little.

Obviously someone read the biography (great book BTW).

Fate affect Steve. Fate. (Or God, or whatever you belive).
  • Reply 50 of 59
    oc4theooc4theo Posts: 294member
    Jandali should have been in solidarity with his son, Steve Jobs first. Charity begins at home.

I wonder if he is in contact with Steve's kids after his death. This man should be ashamed of himself.
  • Reply 51 of 59
    axualaxual Posts: 244member
    Assad just doesn't like the fact that Apple chose the name "Siri" instead of "Syria" for the 4GS.
  • Reply 52 of 59
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Sigh... Another country for the US to intervene in.
  • Reply 53 of 59
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OC4Theo View Post

Jandali should have been in solidarity with his son, Steve Jobs first. Charity begins at home.

I wonder if he is in contact with Steve's kids after his death. This man should be ashamed of himself.

I think he's married at least four times and abandoned Steve *and* his sister as well... According to the biography. Not an upstanding citizen of the community, regardless of whether he's white, black, yellow, brown or whatever.
  • Reply 54 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

His dad is more than a "sperm donor", the personality, genes, biological form, attitude, temper, and a whole slew of other qualities and dispositions are transferred from the biological father and biological mother to the biological son. We are, after all, biological beings.

Sounds like someone is working through their own guilt issues

I hope we are more than the sum of our DNA.

The term "sperm donor" came from Steve Jobs, as related to Walter Isaacson and included in the book. It is how he felt about the man. Abandoned. Unwanted.
  • Reply 55 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Sounds like someone is working through their own guilt issues

I hope we are more than the sum of our DNA.

The term "sperm donor" came from Steve Jobs, as related to Walter Isaacson and included in the book. It is how he felt about the man. Abandoned. Unwanted.

I feel bad for all the sperm on the floor out there. Unwanted.
  • Reply 56 of 59
    Not sure how it was before the 4S but you can take a video and zap it onto YouTube in the blink of an eye. I can see how that might be disconcerting to certain totalitarian regimes.
  • Reply 57 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OC4Theo View Post

Steve was no better.

Jobs had his own illegitimate child, also at the age of 23, he too struggled with his responsibilities. For two years, though already wealthy, he denied paternity while Lisa's mother went on welfare. At one point Jobs even swore in a signed court document that he couldn't be Lisa's father because he was "sterile and infertile, and as a result thereof, did not have the physical capacity to procreate a child."

It was up to Steve to create the solidarity. Steve knew who his biological father was before Jandali knew who Steve was. When Jandali found out about Steve, he tried to reach out to him on numerous occasions (yearly birthday cards), but Steve never responded.
  • Reply 58 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Russell View Post

Steve was no better.

Jobs had his own illegitimate child, also at the age of 23, he too struggled with his responsibilities. For two years, though already wealthy, he denied paternity while Lisa's mother went on welfare. At one point Jobs even swore in a signed court document that he couldn't be Lisa's father because he was "sterile and infertile, and as a result thereof, did not have the physical capacity to procreate a child."

It was up to Steve to create the solidarity. Steve knew who his biological father was before Jandali knew who Steve was. When Jandali found out about Steve, he tried to reach out to him on numerous occasions (yearly birthday cards), but Steve never responded.

I belive that Mr. Jobs made an apology to his family that he wasn't always there. But that was only on his death bed. Kind of defeats the point, but at least he did eat.

But, like father, like son. It's weird to consider Mr. Jobs Middle-eastern though, but cool.
  • Reply 59 of 59
    U.S. courtrooms do the same thing regarding video cameras -- for the same reason. They don't want people to know what goes on in there.