10.7.3 - Desires!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
what do you wish for Lion .3?

Are you expecting new features?

What do we really need for Lion .3?

Your wishes for .3 version?

-Me:

I am not expecting anything "new" and i think that we don't need new features (at least from the top of my head).

What we need is a smoother operating system, so we can get more battery life and an even better experience.

Maybe more native and non-native apps will get full-screen and i truly wish for "safari-style" gestures to navigate in all apps. Sometimes when i am using finder, mail or even the app store, i try the 2 finger gesture to move back, etc. If my wish is fulfilled, it is going to be awesome.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I want the Wi-Fi nonsense taken care of.

I want the thing that broke in Mission Control fixed (where if you swipe up from an application, swipe over to another Space, and then swipe down to enter that space, the application from the original Space remains active. If you click the Space, it works fine, but if you swipe, it doesn't. That's abject nonsense. There's zero reason for that to have broken or been allowed to be pushed to users without being fixed).

Other than that, I want the standard line that talks about "increased stability and security" and I'll be happy.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I want the Wi-Fi nonsense taken care of.

I want the thing that broke in Mission Control fixed (where if you swipe up from an application, swipe over to another Space, and then swipe down to enter that space, the application from the original Space remains active. If you click the Space, it works fine, but if you swipe, it doesn't. That's abject nonsense. There's zero reason for that to have broken or been allowed to be pushed to users without being fixed).

Other than that, I want the standard line that talks about "increased stability and security" and I'll be happy.

Yes! I want an even smoother system.

what's the Wi-Fi nonsense? Can you elaborate?

i don't have "the thing" (i guess) so I don't know about that.

Damn... buying a mac was the best thing i did in my life after dating my now girlfriend and enter mechanical engineering. I am really in love with this machine and everything related to it... amazing.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

what's the Wi-Fi nonsense? Can you elaborate?

The error that has popped up occasionally in 10.x.x releases since at least Leopard where Wi-Fi takes freaking forever to reconnect when you wake from sleep.

Quote:

i don't have "the thing" (i guess) so I don't know about that.

?! Really? I assumed it broke in 10.7.2 for everyone. Or do you not use Mission Control?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Allow fullscreen on all monitors, not just the primary monitor.

Allow menu bars to be placed on all monitors.

Remove the black line between the top of the windows and the menu bar (didn't exist in 10.5) - they got rid of the rounded menu bar corners eventually, they can get rid of this.

Fix the App Store header so it follows the layout convention of every other app and has fullscreen mode.

Fix the regular error message when submitting a form post in a browser ( https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0 ).

Stop shipping Lion with All My Files as the exclusive default. People have as much as a quarter of a million files now, showing them 5 at a time in some coverflow mode really isn't practical.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Remove the black line between the top of the windows and the menu bar (didn't exist in 10.5) - they got rid of the rounded menu bar corners eventually, they can get rid of this.

Which black line? The single pixel black line? That should stay there. It's good that's there.

Quote:

Fix the App Store header so it follows the layout convention of every other app and has fullscreen mode.

Ah, but that would require them to actually redesign the App Store, and you know we can't have that.

Quote:

Fix the regular error message when submitting a form post in a browser ( https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0 ).

The image at that link is broken? do you have your own screenshot of what's going on there?

Quote:

Stop shipping Lion with All My Files as the exclusive default. People have as much as a quarter of a million files now, showing them 5 at a time in some coverflow mode really isn't practical.

*slow clap* I just never use it, myself. OH. Know what they can do? STOP THIS STUPID COVER FLOW NONSENSE WHEN I WANT TO SORT BY FILE TYPE. I mean, how stupid can they be?! Who would EVER want to see it like that? I mean, Apple, you want to add further demarcation between file types? WONDERFUL! Put a single pixel like of color #838383 in between specially-formatted sections of the Finder window used to perform this sort, but DON'T SCREW WITH HOW I SEE MY FILES!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:

Which black line? The single pixel black line? That should stay there. It's good that's there.

Yeah that line. I don't like it. It never used to be there and the menu blended in with the top of the windows and now it creates a separation between them. It also makes it seem like the window isn't pushed right to the top.

They've done loads of things to improve OS X over the years like reducing the curvature on the window corners, removing brushed metal, removing the corners at the top right and left of the menu, removing aqua scrollbars. But some changes I feel make it worse like Quicktime's overlapping UI, the giant drop shadows, the 3D dock, the icon colour scheme to some extent, the transparent menu bar and the black line.

Quote:

The image at that link is broken? do you have your own screenshot of what's going on there?

There's an image near the bottom of that thread and there's one on a blog here:

http://appleslut.com/blog/software/osx-lion-annoying

It's just random. I can click submit buttons a lot without an issue but maybe 1 in 10 submits, it'll just say dropped connection. It's very good at caching data, which is nice so you just hit back but it is very annoying.

Quote:

STOP THIS STUPID COVER FLOW NONSENSE WHEN I WANT TO SORT BY FILE TYPE. I mean, how stupid can they be?!

I don't like this either although if I avoid the 'arrange by' options, it seems to behave like before. There is now 'sort by' and 'arrange by' for some reason and if you set 'arrange by' to 'none', you can then sort by various options in the 'show view options' panel without it splitting them up. The arrange option has a nicer design though (no aqua).

I like the fact that they are obviously experimenting with new things but features that clearly have no practical use shouldn't make it into the release.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    I'd like to have the same <double-space>=period that iOS has.