iTunes 10.5.2 released, Thunderbolt Display firmware updated

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple has released the latest version of iTunes for Mac OS X and Windows, which carries improvements to the iTunes Match service and fixes an audio distortion problem, and firmware for the Thunderbolt Display has been updated to version 1.1.

iTunes 10.5.2 update

iTunes 10.5.2 was released on Monday, with the minor update available for download now from the iTunes download page or through a Mac OS X Software Update expected to be rolling out shortly.

Release notes say that the 10.5.2 will include "several improvements" for iTunes Match, Apple's new music streaming and storage service, and fixes for an audio distortion issue experienced with certain CDs.

Mac OS X users must be running version 10.5 or later while Windows users must have Windows XP service pack 2 or later, Vista 32-bit or Windows 7 32-bit, and 64-bit editions of Windows need the current 64-bit version of iTunes 10.5.

The download weighs in at 102 MB (Mac), 66.13 MB (Windows 32-bit) and 68.01 MB (Windows 64-bit).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    moxommoxom Posts: 326member
    Downloading now...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I'm pretty sure that 1.1 Thunderbolt firmware isn't new. It's been out for ages.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Euphonious View Post

I'm pretty sure that 1.1 Thunderbolt firmware isn't new. It's been out for ages.

I always kept my MBA current and it's connected to my TB LED monitor every day at the office. I still received the update. Works fine.

The other one must have been a lower-level like 1.01 or something. I didn't check it before I updated it.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    You're right.. the previous update I was thinking of was a Thunderbolt software update for Lion, not a firmware update.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Thunderbolt Display - I don't think I can recall another Apple that has had so many updates?