Steve Jobs initially hated Apple's 'Think Different' campaign

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

Yes but, "Rob Siltanen?.notes that he was compelled to write the article when he saw discrepancies in Walter Isaacson's best-selling biography,"

You misspelled "Rob Siltanen..notes that he saw an opportunity to ride on Jobs' coattails to try to gain some recognition for his own firm".
  • Reply 42 of 47
    lukeilukei Posts: 379member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

And he thought the iPod on Windows was a stupid idea just before Apple did it. The man was certainly imperfect, even business-wise.

I am sure his desire to sell to the 95% of the market that wasn't running Macs may have had something to do with this. At the end of the day like 99.9% of business people Jobs desire was to make money, whether that rewarded him in salary or via a share price increase.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lukei View Post

I am sure his desire to sell to the 95% of the market that wasn't running Macs may have had something to do with this.

He didn't give in, he gave up. In the end he said something along the lines of "do whatever the fuck you what". It's in the book, I believe.
  • Reply 44 of 47
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lukei View Post

At the end of the day like 99.9% of business people Jobs desire was to make money, whether that rewarded him in salary or via a share price increase.

I think you couldn't misunderstand the man more. I don't say the guy never had a thought about money but to say he's like 99.9% of business man..??
  • Reply 45 of 47
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

He wasn't the Messiah. Get over yourself.

I am not implying that at all. Though he did not like the campaign at first, the fact that he ultimately chose to go with it is what matters. Steve was far from perfect but he did get this one right. That's what I meant to say.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    "After the campaign launched, Apple stock prices tripled within a year..."

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.
  • Reply 47 of 47
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Russell View Post

You call him "authentic"? Rational people would call him bi-polar.

I am amused that so many in our society now demand that all individuals make a decision and then stick with it until they die. if you change your mind you are a "flip-flopper" or worse. I have always reserved the right to change mind mind for any reason excepting whimsy. I don't think Steve was whimsical in the way changed his mind. I think there was always a process. If I get new information that negates a previous decision I don't hesitate to change tack. Even if it means there are consequences. I want to be right. Is that so wrong?