Not Sure Where To Post This, But Here Goes!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Please excuse me if I am posting this in the wrong forum. I have a MacPro V1.1 machine (MA356LL/A), having purchased it 5 years ago. It has 2 2.66 GHz dual core Intel Xeon 5150 processors with 4 MB of shared level 2 cache per processor, a 128-bit SSE3 vector engine, and 1.33 GHz "64-bit dual independent frontside buses.". I upgraded it to 3 gig of RAM, and also replaced the 250 gigabyte hard drive last year with a 1 Tigabyte Seagate Drive.

The machine works flawlessly, and it is in excellent condition. But, I am considering the purchase of a 21.5" iMac, either the 2.5 or 2.7 GHz model. I would not need to add anything to it.

So, I was wondering if I sold my MacPro, along with the Sony 19" monitor that I use (which also works perfectly, and again I have taken good care of it), I would appreciate any information as to what such a package could go for. I would include either Snow Leopard or Lion with the package. (I have the original boxes that both the MacPro and Sony monitor came in).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mac2sell.net for a cursory overlook of your computer's price, and then just pick a price for the monitor and add that.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

mac2sell.net for a cursory overlook of your computer's price, and then just pick a price for the monitor and add that.

Thanks! Showed me a price of $1070 for my Mac only.

Any "guidance" as to where I can go for a price on the monitor?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by akent35 View Post

Any "guidance" as to where I can go for a price on the monitor?

Probably nowhere. Check eBay for your model number and see how much the final bid is on a similar monitor.

19"? So, what, 1440x900? Maybe even 1368x900? Do you know the panel type? TN, MVA, S-PVA, S-IPS, H-IPS?

What sort of expansion? Any USB ports on it? Is it just VGA or VGA+HDMI? No way would it have a DVI port; it's Sony… Does it have speakers? A webcam built in?

All this stuff makes it a doozy to estimate. Checking eBay for your model number is probably the best bet.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Probably nowhere. Check eBay for your model number and see how much the final bid is on a similar monitor.

19"? So, what, 1440x900? Maybe even 1368x900? Do you know the panel type? TN, MVA, S-PVA, S-IPS, H-IPS?

What sort of expansion? Any USB ports on it? Is it just VGA or VGA+HDMI? No way would it have a DVI port; it's Sony… Does it have speakers? A webcam built in?

All this stuff makes it a doozy to estimate. Checking eBay for your model number is probably the best bet.

Thanks. I'll do that. I actually have the manual for it here inside my desk (somewhere!), so I'll see what it says.

I'll also check craig's list. Someone right now, in the Seattle area (where I am located), is trying to sell a MacPro V1.1 just like mine for $1150. That's somewhat above what mine should go for (according to the site mac2sell.net). It does have 4 gig of RAM, but only a 500 gig hard drive.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Well, I found the manual (and other associated documentation, including a copy of the rebate form). Man, I bought the monitor in February 2004, and it still works great! I guess I am not surprised, since we have had 5 Sony TVs (have 3 of them now), and they have always performed well.

Now, as for some specs. It is a 19" TFT LCD monitor, with a max resolution of 1280x1024/ 75.0 Hz. Hd-15 Cable, no speakers, no USB ports, no webcam. Just a "plain", "generic" 19" monitor that has been so, so reliable, and pleasing to my eyes!

In looking at various "places", it looks like I can sell it for between $50 and $100. So, if I package it with the Mac, I am contemplating a total price of between $1150 and $1200, with "some" room for negotiation.