Apple launches iPhone 4S in Brazil, Taiwan, Russia and more

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Apple on Friday continued its rapid international roll-out of the iPhone 4S, with the handset debuting in more than 20 countries across the globe.

As first indicated earlier this month, the iPhone 4S debuted in Russia, Brazil, and Taiwan, among numerous other countries. The debut of the iPhone 4S in Brazil comes only days after Apple launched iTunes music and movie stores there, as well as in 16 other Latin American countries.

Joining those countries are a number of other nations that are now selling the iPhone 4S. They are Bahrain, Chile, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Morocco, Peru, the Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates and Vietnam.

The biggest country where the iPhone 4S is not yet available for sale is China, where Apple's latest handset was approved for sale late last week. The iPhone 4S is expected to debut in China before the end of this month.

The latest list of countries to get the iPhone 4S follows a late-November launch of Apple's smartphone in Colombia and India. It's the most aggressive iPhone launch employed by Apple yet, as the company works to make its latest smartphone available in as many countries as quickly as possible.

Promotional webpage for the iPhone 4S | Source: Claro

The iPhone 4S got off to a record setting start after Apple sold more than 4 million of the handset in its first weekend. That more than doubled the company's previous record of 1.7 million iPhone 4 units in the summer of 2010, and puts Apple on pace to set a new record for iPhones sold in a single quarter.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,212member
    So what happened to the supposed shortage from 2 weeks ago? Looks like they were diverted from the US channels and sent to Russia and Brazil, or there wasn't any shortage to begin with.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

So what happened to the supposed shortage from 2 weeks ago? Looks like they were diverted from the US channels and sent to Russia and Brazil, or there wasn't any shortage to begin with.

I wonder what would happen if you and logic ever met.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I wonder what would happen if you and logic ever met.

. . .

Such a kidder
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:

. . .

Such a kidder

You really can't see how demand can outstrip supply as they grow their market or are you saying they should stop all planned market growth until every single person within established markets get a chance to buy the product? Either way it shows you're wrong about your conspiracy theory that Apple is purposely not selling units in order to increase demand.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:

You really can't see how demand can outstrip supply as they grow their market or are you saying they should stop all planned market growth until every single person within established markets get a chance to buy the product? Either way it shows you're wrong about your conspiracy theory that Apple is purposely not selling units in order to increase demand.

I've never at any time written that Apple was purposely not selling devices if they were available.

Instead I suggested that they sometimes attempt to create the impression, thru bloggers, media partners, leaks and such, that their devices are in short supply. Scarcity value added by an imaginary shortage. I think you already knew that since we discussed it at length several days ago, where you tried the same diversion you wrote again in this thread.

You really can't see where the impression of a limited availability can add value to a product? I give you more credit than that.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:

I've never at any time written that Apple was purposely not selling devices if they were available.

Instead I suggested that they sometimes attempt to create the impression, thru bloggers, media partners, leaks and such, that their devices are in short supply. Scarcity value added by an imaginary shortage. I think you already knew that since we discussed it at length several days ago, where you tried the same diversion you wrote again in this thread.

You really can't see where the impression of a limited availability can add value to a product? I give you more credit than that.

You did say it. You made a big stink about how it was impossible for a company as large as Apple to not have the ability to soure enough components or get enough manufacturing for any product within any given time frame. Hence, my remarks to you about tinfoil hat conspiracy theories.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

You did say it. You made a big stink about how it was impossible for a company as large as Apple to not have the ability to soure enough components or get enough manufacturing for any product within any given time frame. Hence, my remarks to you about tinfoil hat conspiracy theories.

Then it should be easy for you to quote, or better yet link the claim. I'm patient and can wait for you..

In the meantime, others might be interested how much those iPhone 4S's just released for Brazil will cost. How about $2000. Gulp!

http://9to5mac.com/2011/12/16/why-do...o-do-about-it/
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Haven't seen any footage online about big crowds or hugh line in those country I guess the anticipation wasn't that big...
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xavier83 View Post

Haven't seen any footage online about big crowds or hugh line in those country I guess the anticipation wasn't that big...

Hey! Just because we are not crazy americans it doesn't mean we weren't waiting for it!
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xavier83 View Post

Midnight launch Malaysia:

• Reply 11 of 13
    Singapore a while back:

• Reply 12 of 13
    Steve Jobs Biography launched in Thai language:

• Reply 13 of 13
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Singapore a while back . . .

Hey thanks for the pics. The Singapore scene looks great.