Apple seeds new OS X Lion 10.7.3 build to developers

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    matt_smatt_s Posts: 300member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So you're mad that it's doing its job exactly as designed.

And if you're just opening them in Preview, that's all that will happen. No sense getting upset about the changes you made to a file actually happening.

Wow, you just don't get it. Oh well. Here's wishing you & yours various & sundry merriments and much yuletide glee.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matt_s View Post

Wow, you just don't get it. Oh well.

Perhaps you could tell me where I'm misunderstanding.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    Quote:

Perhaps you could tell me where I'm misunderstanding.

i think the point he is making is that you should be able to open something, do something simple like rotate it or apply a brightness etc, decide you don't like it and close it without the change being committed already.

If the user *wanted* the change then they can save the changes.

there is absolutely no reason to change that behaviour.None
  • Reply 24 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by seanie248 View Post

i think the point he is making is that you should be able to open something, do something simple like rotate it or apply a brightness etc, decide you don't like it and close it without the change being committed already.

If the user *wanted* the change then they can save the changes.

Ah, I see. Now what he's saying makes sense.

That's what Command+Z is for.

Quote:

there is absolutely no reason to change that behaviour.None

Obviously there is.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matt_s View Post

And return SAVE AS, please. Especially to Preview. I mean, how can an application called Preview auto-destroy a photo, just because you rotated it to check something out? Doesn't Apple know what the word Preview means?

Preview is non-destructive. If you don't like the change click the little arrow to the right of the title in the toolbar and select "Browse All Versions ...". Find what you want, and restore it back.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    Would someone check to see if iMail now handles Exchange accounts?

/sigh
  • Reply 27 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cyberzombie View Post

Would someone check to see if iMail now handles Exchange accounts?

Not sure what 'iMail' is, but OS X's Mail application has since 10.6…
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Quote:

Not sure what 'iMail' is, but OS X's Mail application has since 10.6?

It's been in it...and unable to connect to many Exchange servers since Lion came out.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    Quote:

And why would you even MAKE changes unless you planned on committing them?

Quoted for cluelessness.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr Beardsley View Post

Preview is non-destructive. If you don't like the change click the little arrow to the right of the title in the toolbar and select "Browse All Versions ...". Find what you want, and restore it back.

Except if you send that file to another machine, where it only contains the latest version. Plus earlier versions aren't backed up by time machine and other common backup methods (the earlier versions are stored in a completely different place on disk).

And earlier versions are deleted after some period of time. Without the user's permission, or even giving notification that it's happening.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

Quoted for cluelessness.

Quote:

An app named PREVIEW should not be able to do anything destructive to a file!

Quoted for humor. If he's not doing anything to the files, there's nothing that can happen to them. If he doesn't want to make changes, he won't be making them. That's the point. And if he accidentally makes a change, he can ALWAYS REMOVE IT. That's the point.