13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    alfiejralfiejr Posts: 1,524member
    what a grump.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

That's crazy.

nothing crazy about wanting a lighter weight. how else?

Quote:

Ew. Those never work well and they're quite easy to bump.

based on your expert volume control research no doubt. but sliders work good for me.

Quote:

That's what the Multitasking Bar is for.

you gotta stop, double click, and swipe to get to those volume/brightness sliders. much better to put it someplace else that does not require any interruption of what you're doing. in the bezel would be slick.

Quote:

For the two people that actually turn Wi-Fi off.

if you have "ask to join other networks" enabled - as you need in order to join them quickly, like at Starbucks - then the wifi prompt keeps popping up when you go near anybody's wifi, unless you turn it off. so you have to toggle one or the other in Settings when you're out of the house.

Quote:

So don't turn it off! Bluetooth and 3G I can understand, but why are you turning them on/off so frequently as for this to be a problem?

so that means it should be harder than necessary? i have several Bluetooth accessories, you have to pick one and "connect." and how often i need to do it is not your problem (you're starting to sound like my wife).

Quote:

What was it, that one hacked-together app that gave you these controls in the Notification Center??

and your point is no good widgets are ever possible??

instead of snarking about my wish list, what's yours?
  • Reply 42 of 50
    Quote:

you gotta stop, double click, and swipe to get to those volume/brightness sliders. much better to put it someplace else that does not require any interruption of what you're doing. in the bezel would be slick

Actually you don't have to double click any longer. There's a four finger swiping gesture to get to the multitasking bar. Personally, I would prefer a new gesture to get to those settings as opposed to putting them on the bezel.
  • Reply 43 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

nothing crazy about wanting a lighter weight.

No, not at all. Which is why I didn't quote that part.

Quote:

based on your expert volume control research

Given that users will be the ones using it, I'd say my experience as a user of several sliders is valid, yeah.

Quote:

you gotta stop, double click, and swipe to get to those volume/brightness sliders.

You have to swipe, swipe, and then use one finger to move them where you want them.

Quote:

in the bezel would be slick.

And Apple isn't going to be doing that.

Quote:

if you have "ask to join other networks" enabled - as you need in order to join them quickly, like at Starbucks - then the wifi prompt keeps popping up when you go near anybody's wifi, unless you turn it off. so you have to toggle one or the other in Settings when you're out of the house.

And somehow having a hidden widget to turn Wi-Fi on/off is easier than hitting 'Cancel' and going about your business?

Quote:

and your point is no good widgets are ever possible??

I was asking for the name of that app.

Quote:

instead of snarking about my wish list, what's yours?

128GB on the high end would be nice. The same battery life would be nice. Thunderbolt pins in the Dock Connector would be nice. The case is the wrong shape now, and I like how think the 1st gen iPad is. A proper LTE chip would be nice instead of a 3G option.

I don't actually expect any of that to happen, however; therefore I can never be disappointed or feel 'short-changed'.
  • Reply 44 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freckledbruh View Post

Actually you don't have to double click any longer. There's a four finger swiping gesture to get to the multitasking bar. Personally, I would prefer a new gesture to get to those settings as opposed to putting them on the bezel.

thanks. I'd totally forgot about the new 4 finger gestures. you don't have to leave the app, but it still interrupts your flow. physical buttons solve that too. but since I use landscape mode almost all the time, I find them awkward to access so I default to the touch controls. I wish they were on the on/off button side. it's a minor thing, but since I adjust the volume frequently it nags.
  • Reply 45 of 50
    Quote:

And somehow having a hidden widget to turn Wi-Fi on/off is easier than hitting 'Cancel' and going about your business?

that pop up interrupts whatever you're doing, even just to cancel. if you are doing something complicated or under pressure, it really annoys. but since I tote my IPad all around town and use it many places, both with wifi where free and 3G otherwise, either it pops up a lot uselessly or I toggle that setting a lot to connect when and where I can. no escape from this dilemma. with a pull down widget toggling would be much the easier method.
  • Reply 46 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

that pop up interrupts whatever you're doing, even just to cancel. if you are doing something complicated or under pressure, it really annoys. but since I tote my IPad all around town and use it many places, both with wifi where free and 3G otherwise, either it pops up a lot uselessly or I toggle that setting a lot to connect when and where I can. no escape from this dilemma. with a pull down widget toggling would be much the easier method.

Hmm. I suppose I can understand that. I think some sort of official solution will come in the Notification Center, if it happens at all, but that's just me.
  • Reply 47 of 50
    Its obvious retina will be in iPad 3 but what I really want is LTE/4G, iPad 3 will have e power to use LTE and will make it the dominant tablet of 2012. I also want 128g but 64g version will be dine. Also the 8m camera but 4m will be fine also.

What will keep iPad 3 dominant the next year is both retina display and LTE/4G connection if not android will surge...
  • Reply 48 of 50
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShAdOwXPR View Post

Its obvious retina will be in iPad 3 but what I really want is LTE/4G, iPad 3 will have e power to use LTE and will make it the dominant tablet of 2012. I also want 128g but 64g version will be dine. Also the 8m camera but 4m will be fine also.

What will keep iPad 3 dominant the next year is both retina display and LTE/4G connection if not android will surge...

It's pointless to skate to where the puck will be if your skating robot runs out of power while trying to get there. Unless there are new LTE/WiMax combo chips that have significantly lower power than recent chips have had, Apple won't risk adding it this year. They're already going to have a bigger power drain in the form on that new screen. I don't see them going 4G and Retina at the same time. I'm happy to be wrong if they can do both w/o screwing battery life, but I just don't see it
  • Reply 49 of 50
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShAdOwXPR View Post

No, they won't. Not at all.

LTE isn't really available anywhere yet. Existing LTE chips are so power hungry they shouldn't have been allowed in anything that didn't require AC power to run.

Not having LTE won't make the iPad lose to Android tablets. What Android tablets are sold based on their cellular connectivity, anyway? It's not a draw.