Suspicions piqued: PowerBook wait: 7days; PowerMac 10 days.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
As was mentioned about the PowerMac delayed 10 days at the online Apple Store, the PowerBook raises some suspicion too. It is a 7-day wait at the Apple Store. The old iMac is 1 to 3 day wait; as is the case even with the new iBook 14-inch screen. Could there be a surprise lurking 'round the corner with all pro stuff? We shall see!.....

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Dave Hagan ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Safe bet to assume the displays, towers and TiBook will revised all in the same show.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    cobracobra Posts: 253member
    10 days seem a little strange for the towers.

Not staggerlingly unusual for the Books though.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    supersuper Posts: 82member
    New powermacs can't come a moment too soon. Check out the review <a href="http://www.dv.com/magazine/2002/0102/hones_roundup_3_0102.html"; target="_blank">here</a> of dual proc systems in regards to Digital Video. I personally won't be switching to wintel but a significant speed increase to the powermacs would make my life much easier.

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: super ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 10
    max8319max8319 Posts: 347member
    as per the powerbook, they just added a combo drive to it and is very likely to be VERY POPULAR......though i wouldn't mind an upgrade...i could see them adding a 733mhz. it's part of the same design as the 667mhz chip i believe
  • Reply 5 of 10
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    With the iMac going G4, I guess that means all of the 1+gig G3's are going to PowerBooks.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    We're past the G3 PowerBook era.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    I was walking through CompUSA tonight and imagine my suprise when I saw a bright yellow Clearance Tag on a 667 Powerbook.

I'll have to stop by tomorrow just to make sure that it wasn't some sort of mistake.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Mac Glue Sniffer:

<strong>I was walking through CompUSA tonight and imagine my suprise when I saw a bright yellow Clearance Tag on a 667 Powerbook.

I'll have to stop by tomorrow just to make sure that it wasn't some sort of mistake.</strong><hr></blockquote>

it's probably the "old" Powerbook 667 with DVD-ROM.

PowerMacs will not be updated within 10 days. if they were going to they would have just announced them at MWSF. it would be dumb to lose out on the free marketing and the 90,000 mac users going through the expo hall using the new products.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Hmm.. Maybe. I would at least hope they are updating, as I am getting ready to order one, but I have decided to wait till Tokyo just to be on the safe side.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Jeremiah Rich:

<strong>Hmm.. Maybe. I would at least hope they are updating, as I am getting ready to order one, but I have decided to wait till Tokyo just to be on the safe side.</strong><hr></blockquote>

They always update them about two weeks after you buy one