Apple updates Aperture 3 with iCloud, iOS 5, Lion fixes

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple has released a 3.2.2 update to Aperture, its professional photo software, via the Mac App Store.

Apple notes that the free new update to the $79.99 Aperture 3 resolves compatibility issues with iCloud and iOS 5, specifically noting that the new version fixes a flaw that limited Photo Stream from working beyond the first 1,000 images for some users.

Swipe gestures can now be used to navigate between photos , and pinch to zoom now automatically activates Zoom mode in the Viewer, Apple notes.

There's also bug fixes that relate to using Aperture with Mac OS X Lion, including fixing incorrect color profiles attached to externally edited images, and crashes related to using brushes.

Apple has separately added Logic Pro 9 and MainStage 2 to the Mac App Store today, making most the Mac maker's first party software now available exclusively through its software market for desktop users.

Aperture was the first Pro App Apple added to the Mac App Store, but the package hasn't seen a major update since the 64-bit version 3.0 was released in February 2010.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Hmm, Software Update doesn't show me a 3.2.2 available and there's no 3.2.2 update in Support Downloads. Did I jump on this too quickly? Or did they pull it?

I'm on 10.6.8 and the App Store says 10.6.8+, so this can't be a Lion-only update.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audio_inside View Post

Hmm, Software Update doesn't show me a 3.2.2 available and there's no 3.2.2 update in Support Downloads. Did I jump on this too quickly? Or did they pull it?

I'm on 10.6.8 and the App Store says 10.6.8+, so this can't be a Lion-only update.

Try again, it's visible now.

-Z
  • Reply 3 of 8
    This is a good sign that Apple may morph Photo Stream into more of an iPhotos-everywhere app along the lines of iBooks, Dropbox, Downcast, etc.:

Save your photos on your Mac. Automatically.

You can have Aperture automatically import photos from your Photo Stream, so they become a permanent part of your library — organized into Aperture projects titled with the month and year they were taken. Then you can make adjustments to them, use them to make photo books and cards, or share them through email, Facebook, and Flickr.

It works the other way around, too.

Photos you import from a camera or SD card to your library can also appear in your Photo Stream. Then you can view them on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — or on your other computers.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    lanklank Posts: 27member
    I am currently downloading it from Software Update. I am on Lion.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audio_inside View Post

• Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lank View Post

I am currently downloading it from Software Update. I am on Lion.

Thanks, I've got it now too - I've been so hungry for any kind of Aperture updates I think I just pounced on it too soon.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    It seems to have fixed my preview updates too. I was seeing many fuzzy previews since updating to Lion and even running all three Aperture tools nothing helped. I even did a TM restore of my library prior to updating to Lion to no avail.

After this update my previews are updating correctly. However, when my MBP i7 is attched to the Apple LCD I still get image corruption when double clicking some images. I see a mix of several images all distorted together. Quitting Aperture and restarting clears this then it happens again later on another image. I'd suspect video drivers or RAM but this doesn't happen with any other pro app.

I depend on Aperture for my work so I hope Apple keep up with this pro app and don't dumb it down.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple has released a 3.2.2 update to Aperture, its professional photo software, via the Mac App Store.

I updated to Aperture 3.2.2 in the 15th of December 2011, are you guys only just finding out about this version now? Automatic software updates anyone?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by igamogam View Post

I updated to Aperture 3.2.2 in the 15th of December 2011, are you guys only just finding out about this version now? Automatic software updates anyone?

Uh? why don't you check the date on the thread before 1. Necroing it and 2. Posting complaining about how it's "brand new".