Rumor: Apple to ship high-res 'iPad 3' in March, 'iPad 4' with new apps in October

Comments

• Reply 61 of 107
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I've said it before, but there should be some sort of criminal penalty for starting a false rumor which turns out to be fake. Possible motives can be financial fraud, illegal stock manipulation and planting false information from competitors in order to confuse certain naive customers.

Whoever claimed that an iPad 3 was due to be released in the fall of 2011 should have charges filed against them, because we all know how that bullshit and braindead rumor turned out. And there were actually some people on this site that believed in that bullshit rumor and they even argued why it would be a good idea and why it would make sense.

Some tech sites (digitimes) are worse than tabloids like the National Enquirer.

Pandering to the gullible is not illegal...

The rest of this post was removed because it w as offensive to Prof. Peabody:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

With all the talk on this thread about the "new" trolls that are ruining everything for the rest of us and how the site has gone downhill etc., I'd like to point a finger at Dick here.

He's been on this site forever and insists on publishing his ridiculous reactionary political views every week or so without fail. I get that you are an arch conservative Mr. Applebaum. I get that you like Fox news and everything they say and that you think the world is coming to an end and that kids today are awful and nothing is like it used to be when you were a little kid in 1920 or whatever, but your posts are insulting and worse than the worst of the "trolls" if you ask me.

I just want to point out that here is a person who rarely if ever violates the "rules" (such as they are) of this forum but is still equally if not more annoying and insulting than the so-called "trolls." Politics (especially American politics) have no place on a forum like this IMO.

Please consider keeping your radical opinions to yourself or perhaps only bringing them out when they are at least somewhat relevant. Politics had nothing to do with this thread until you arrived.

• Reply 62 of 107
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Here's another braindead, false rumor from the same dumb female reporter who is one of the "journalists" behind this current rumor.

Apple reportedly plans to launch its second-generation iPad, using 5.6-inch and 7-inch OLED panels, as soon as in the fourth quarter of 2010 with Compal Electronics having a chance to receive the orders, according to sources from component makers.
  • Reply 63 of 107
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Pandering to the gullible is not illegal... MSNBC for example!

Yeah, I suppose that you're right.

Are you thinking about the Kramer guy, who gives out stock tips?

(edit) - I saw your link now.....
  • Reply 64 of 107
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:

Ha!

It works for satellites too...

So, naturally, I asked Siri: "Wolfram registered sex offenders in the area".

Siri got all flustered and repeatedly asked if She could do a web search -- even as I kept replying "yes".

I asked Siri about the sex offenders near me but it kept turning on the front facing camera and showing my face on the screen. \
  • Reply 65 of 107
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I asked Siri about the sex offenders near me but it kept turning on the front facing camera and showing my face on the screen. \

• Reply 66 of 107
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

The idea that Apple would release an iPad 4 in 2012 is so ridiculous that AppleInsider have tarnished their own credibility by republishing it.

They have not tarnished their credibility at all. This is a rumor site. They publish rumors even if they might be false.
  • Reply 67 of 107
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Speaking of Siri, check this out: http://www.tuaw.com/2011/11/26/siri-...ying-overhead/

Holy FRICK.

This just keeps getting better. Apple made the right decision to go with Wolfram|Alpha.

Heck, they should buy them. Google can have their search, Apple will have information.
  • Reply 68 of 107
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    Could someone make a Safari extension that searches for ?DigiTimes? on every page, and if the term is found, replaces the page with something more useful, such as a YouTube video about keeping neckties organized?
  • Reply 69 of 107
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

The idea that Apple would release an iPad 4 in 2012 is so ridiculous that AppleInsider have tarnished their own credibility by republishing it.

Yea, I can scarcely believe what I am reading in this AI post.

There is absolutely no way that Apple would introduce a new model of iPad so soon. We barely have an inkling that an iPad 3 is on the horizon, why on Earth would they introduce an iPad 4 only a couple fiscal quarters away?
  • Reply 70 of 107
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

Could someone make a Safari extension that searches for ?DigiTimes? on every page, and if the term is found, replaces the page with something more useful, such as a YouTube video about keeping neckties organized?

Oh, like Hard On The Bieber, but with DigiTimes? Seems pretty simple.
  • Reply 71 of 107
    Same rumor, new year. Oh DigiTimes, what groundless rumor WON'T you post for link traffic?
  • Reply 72 of 107
    cgjcgj Posts: 276member
    What you'll find is that Apple will release the iPad Book in January, iPad Steve in February, iPad 5 in March, iPad Fools in April, 7" iPad in May.
  • Reply 73 of 107
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

[...] questionable report claiming Apple plans to debut a third-generation iPad in March, while an "iPad 4" will arrive in October of this year. [...]

I'd expect the iPad 3 to be this year's only iPad. And I'd also expect iOS 6 to have some killer apps.

Apple should release this year's iPad with iOS 5.1 initially. Then they should release the next-gen

iOS in the fall, as always, to give developers time to update their apps to use new APIs and features

after WWDC. The combination of high-res quad-core iPad 3 plus iOS 6 should prove to be an

enormous leap ahead in terms of power, features, and "experience." That's all Apple needs to do.

And think of it this way. If Apple ships an iPad 3 early in the year, then an improved iPad 4 later

in the year, it will "train" consumers to ignore the early 2013 iPad. They'll be expecting a better

iPad in late 2013, so they'll hold off on buying the "early one." This would be terrible for Apple,

especially if they don't release two iPads in 2013. Consumers would hold off on buying the

early 2013 iPad and wait for the later, better 2013 model that will never arrive.

Then again, who knows? Maybe the quad-core A6 won't be ready for early 2012 production. TSMC

might need extra time to gear up for mass production. That would force Apple to ship the first

2012 iPad with the current A5 design. And / or maybe by releasing a late-2012 iPad 4, Apple

could shift their iPad release schedule to fall every year. They could keep the iPhone release

in summer, freeing up spring. So what would Apple announce every spring instead of iPad?

The Apple television set. If Apple does commit to building their own TV set, they will give it several

months in the marketing spotlight every year. When Apple released the first iPad, it got nearly

6 months of home page exposure on Apple.com. Before and after its initial availability.

The TV set would merit the same focus. It would have most of the year to gain mindshare before

the crucial holiday / Super Bowl season. Just a thought.
  • Reply 74 of 107
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CGJ View Post

What you'll find is that Apple will release the iPad Book in January, iPad Steve in February, iPad 5 in March, iPad Fools in April, 7" iPad in May.

Don't quite your day job...you have a long way to go before being funny.
  • Reply 75 of 107
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by j1h15233 View Post

Why would Apple worry about countering some rumored Google tablet? They practically own the market and an iPad 3 release would only further that.

they wouldn't. Which is part of why this Digitimes rumor is BS. Not to mention recycled from their rumor for last year.

As for the 'killer applications' anyone notice that that's the 1 year mark for iOS 5, which means that it might not be an iPad 4 hardware but merely the new software which combined with previously released hardware (sometime I'm guessing between March and late May) will allow for some new tricks, like perhaps more bells and whistles in the iOS Garageband and iMovie, a few more editing tricks in iPhoto. Some apps to work together with Logic and Final Cut similar to what Adobe did with photoshop etc.
  • Reply 76 of 107
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

Actually there's a series of videos on youtube of attractive women showing you how to tie all the standard type of tie knots. Informative and pretty women, how can that be bad?
  • Reply 77 of 107
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Please note that it's not AppleInsider making this crap up; they're just reporting it from its source.

I think the real issue is that they are just reporting it from a source. With no commentary. No analysis for the neophytes etc of how valid the source is in terms of getting things right. Now any particular detail fits without Apple's SOP or how it doesn't. How likely it is, with Jobs death that the company is going to just turn and do everything the opposite of how he wanted it now that the 'Wicked Witch is dead'. and so on.

Rather they are just barfing up someone else's likely total nonsense with little effort.
  • Reply 78 of 107
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

I think it is possible to release two iPad's this year, but only if the LTE version is not ready for a March or April release because the LTE chipset is delayed.

If the LTE chip is the reason then I suspect they would delay the whole release rather than risk the negative PR of two models in one year. Especially if the delay is only a couple of months, say to June.

That said I really don't think we can count on LTE in the iPad until next year. First reason being that LTE isn't really ready for the amount of data that LTE could bring into the game. Second, because Apple likes to introduce awesome new stuff with the iPhone and that most likely won't be until the fall
  • Reply 79 of 107
    You guys are gonna line up like gerbils looking for a pellet everytime Apple releases a new phone or tablet and there's nothing you can do about it because Apple marketing owns you. You just have to have the latest Apple gear or you feel inadequate because you're insecure people who think cheap gadgets make you special.
  • Reply 80 of 107
    Quote:

Pandering to the gullible is not illegal ...

With all the talk on this thread about the "new" trolls that are ruining everything for the rest of us and how the site has gone downhill etc., I'd like to point a finger at Dick here.

He's been on this site forever and insists on publishing his ridiculous reactionary political views every week or so without fail. I get that you are an arch conservative Mr. Applebaum. I get that you like Fox news and everything they say and that you think the world is coming to an end and that kids today are awful and nothing is like it used to be when you were a little kid in 1920 or whatever, but your posts are insulting and worse than the worst of the "trolls" if you ask me.

I just want to point out that here is a person who rarely if ever violates the "rules" (such as they are) of this forum but is still equally if not more annoying and insulting than the so-called "trolls." Politics (especially American politics) have no place on a forum like this IMO.

Please consider keeping your radical opinions to yourself or perhaps only bringing them out when they are at least somewhat relevant. Politics had nothing to do with this thread until you arrived.