Terrible experience in Apple Store

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The whole process in which apple processes customers is flawed. Go into a apple store with a problem opps sorry no available time slots available. Go home set up appointment return next day. Opps no replacements available wait for us to call you in 24 hours. Go home.... no call in 24 hrs. Go to store opps havent went through shipment we will call you when we have... We didnt mean 24 hours we meant 24 business hours... Call store twice and keep getting put through to online agents not store agents.... opps your suppose to say connect to in store agents... Does silicone sam tell you that ...NO.... NOT A FEEL GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR ME AT ALL.... Just venting.... oh i feel better now!!!!!!

Just seems with all these people standing around in the apple store they would be able to process customers in a more efficent manner. Four trips to the store for one problem is a bit much!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnnieP View Post

Go into a apple store with a problem opps sorry no available time slots available.

Maybe you haven't heard, but Apple is popular. That can be the case if you live in a populated area.

Quote:

Go home set up appointment return next day. Opps no replacements available wait for us to call you in 24 hours.

What does 'replacements' mean in this instance?

Quote:

We didnt mean 24 hours we meant 24 business hours...

And you're surprised by this? Every store does it this way.

Quote:

opps your suppose to say connect to in store agents...

Yes, that would make a lot of sense, wouldn't it?

Quote:

Does silicone sam tell you that ...NO....

Not sure who 'silicone sam' is, but it's pretty much implied that you'd be asking for a store representative if you have a problem with a store.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    TS... I know you like to defend EVERYTHING Apple does. ... but in this case she's right... Customer Service SUCKS these days ... and not just with Apple.

There is no excuse (despite how you tried) for a customer to be treated that way... to be miscommunicated to in that way. She had every reason to be surprised by the way things were handled and to have expected better!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:

We didnt mean 24 hours we meant 24 business hours

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And you're surprised by this? Every store does it this way.

I don't know what context the OP is talking about, but Tallest Skil, is this true? When something says it will ship in 24 hours, it really means 3 days? This is common knowledge?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    A drive-by detail free diatribe in my Appleinsider? It's more likely than you think!

\
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

TS... I know you like to defend EVERYTHING Apple does.

Thanks for the wink. At least I know you know that I don't.

Quote:

... but in this case she's right... Customer Service SUCKS these days ... and not just with Apple.

Yes, the Apple Stores are crowded as frick these days, which means appointments are virtually required. There's no reason to have been upset about that if 1. you didn't know that they were crowded OR 2. you DID know they were crowded. Whether you did or didn't know beforehand, how could your reaction be anything but muted when it came to having a problem after the initiation of the service request? "Oh, they're really busy. I've seen them be really busy. This is annoying, so I'll return to the store and politely press the issue until it's fixed."

I've been able to go to an Apple Store at mid-morning, set up an appointment, and have my problem solved by the end of the day. I've found customer service to suck with everyone BUT Apple.

For example, I ordered a desk in early October of last year. It was slated to ship on the 25th of that month, and when I went to the site to track it, the shipping date had moved to 1/4/2012. Called, they offered neither explanation nor remorse. Now it's the fifth of January. I checked the shipping this morning: "Has not shipped. Expected to ship 1/4/2012".

Imagine my surprise. If it doesn't ship by this weekend, they'll be receiving another call. They're already not going to get any more business from me or anyone I can tell about them; I just want the desk here so the issue can be closed.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

I don't know what context the OP is talking about, but Tallest Skil, is this true? When something says it will ship in 24 hours, it really means 3 days? This is common knowledge?

It would be quite nice to have some actual information about this particular case. We don't know much, and I may have read it wrong. I read it as the call was supposed to be in 24 hours-meaning business hours. Shipping under the same definition makes sense, too; I've seen it used like that by companies.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Apple must be getting very popular in order to be required to set up an appointment to see an agent.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jorgea View Post

Apple must be getting very popular in order to be required to set up an appointment to see an agent.

This has been the case since about 2009.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    tinman0tinman0 Posts: 168member
    Quote:

The whole process in which apple processes customers is flawed. Go into a apple store with a problem opps sorry no available time slots available. Go home set up appointment return next day. Opps no replacements available wait for us to call you in 24 hours. Go home.... no call in 24 hrs. Go to store opps havent went through shipment we will call you when we have... We didnt mean 24 hours we meant 24 business hours... Call store twice and keep getting put through to online agents not store agents.... opps your suppose to say connect to in store agents... Does silicone sam tell you that ...NO.... NOT A FEEL GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR ME AT ALL.... Just venting.... oh i feel better now!!!!!!

Just seems with all these people standing around in the apple store they would be able to process customers in a more efficent manner. Four trips to the store for one problem is a bit much!!!!

You should try Toshiba and Dell stores!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    I don't just walk into the local DMV and expect to walk up and renew my license. I realize that I need to grab a ticket and hope that I came at a good time.

The reservation system makes sense. Genius Bar is a free service which means there aren't Apple Genius sitting around twiddling their thumbs. They have people lined up so the first thing all Apple customers should be familiar with is how to book an appointment. Walking in and expecting service is silly. I can't do that with licensing my car nor can I expect to have my car serviced at my dealer "on the spot"
  • Reply 10 of 10
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    I had a bad hamburger once. It tasted awful.