Weekend Apple tech news video recap: Week 1 Jan 2012

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Here's a video recap of the top tech stories involving Apple for the first week of 2012, including a look at 2011, Apple's future directions, big product news, the week's business stories, and upcoming events.

This upcoming week, AppleInsider staff will be on location at the Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show, reporting what's new and noteworthy. Be sure to check in and share your comments and video feedback via email.

You can also follow us on Twitter: @appleinsider and Daniel Eran Dilger.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    DED? bah! I want to follow Slash Lane!
  • Reply 2 of 12
    I like the video, with time and practice it will get even better.. Great effort!
  • Reply 3 of 12
    I read AppleInsider on a daily basis to keep up to date on all the Apple news. This short video is a great way to get all the important information in just a few minutes. Thanks!
  • Reply 4 of 12
    kpluckkpluck Posts: 500member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Here's a video recap of the top tech stories involving Apple for the first week of 2012, including a look at 2010...

While interesting, most people would probably be more interested in a summary of 2011.

-kpluck
  • Reply 5 of 12
    drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Here's a video recap of the top tech stories involving Apple for the first week of 2012...

What a judicious use of YouTube!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

DED? bah! I want to follow Slash Lane!

There you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K048xL5b9uI

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EuroJohn View Post

<...>This short video is a great way to get all the important information in just a few minutes. Thanks!

Without any Google ads, too!
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Lends an air of a reporter on location. Some fresh air! Thanks.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    The comment about CES... so true.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    The video summary is very refreshing and an easy way to receive information. Keep up the good work!
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Hey, Livermore! Awesome, I live in Livermore

The video was great by the way
  • Reply 10 of 12
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    I suppose the video was cut in FCP X.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Daniel,

This Video format is an excellent idea:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._jan_2012.html

I am a big fan of Apple Insider and I like reading the Comments for AI articles!

Now that I am on 10.7.2 on my New Macbook Pro, I often use Speak Text feature, turning articles into Instant ?Radio?... But, IDEALLY, I?d love it there was an Audio Option for all or some of your articles.

My guess is that, since you are probably often on a deadline, to keep up with other Mac News sites, and thus having instant Podcasts is probably not the the easiest thing in the world! But, if the ?cosmetics? are set aside, and you can simply read your own articles, and include a link to each Audio of those articles, then one could easily transfer that audio to their iPhone or iPod, and multi-task on the go, rather then stream it, and use up their Data Allowances.

Having you read it would be a lot more ?HUMAN? then our Mac?s Speech To Text!

Then, at the end of each day, or each week you the audio = 1 article = 1 Chapter in a Daily or Weekly Audio Podcast Digest....

Whatever you do, the idea is to be able to multi-task and not miss your interesting content!

BETTER YET:

It be great if the Text Formatting on the Comments Pages was such that it was possible to Select All Comments and have Mac or iPhone READ following the Source Article! Or at least make all AI Pages SAFARI READER Friendly!!!

Hey, whatever makes keeping up with AI News easier, the better!
  • Reply 12 of 12
    i just like the video ,its great