Apple issues third beta of iOS 5.1 developers

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jasomill View Post

I suspect the 3GS will get (a probably feature-reduced build of) iOS 6 if and only if Apple is still selling it within a year of release, because Apple won't want to alienate first-time customers with a 3GS and more than a year left on their contracts, and that iOS development will take this into account.

As for the iPad 1, probably no chance.

iOS6 will be the last update for the iPhone 3GS and iPad. Remember iPad launched with 3.2 only because 4.0 wasn't ready yet.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No way will the 3GS get ANY form of iOS 6. Whereas the iPad is perfectly capable of it.

If they continue to sell the iPhone 3GS until summer or fall this year then you can bet it'll get iOS6
  • Reply 42 of 49
    .....when in God's name are they gonna fix this 4S battery problem?...when????
  • Reply 43 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post

If they continue to sell the iPhone 3GS until summer or fall this year then you can bet it'll get iOS6

How? Why? I'd take a few people being all whiny and upset that Apple is "abandoning them" because their 3GS' can't get iOS 6 than many, MANY more people being all whiny and upset that iOS 6's performance is absolutely, horrendously terrible (notice no quotes) on their 3GS'.
  • Reply 44 of 49
    1. You guys gotta get a new editor. (Way too many typos lately!)

2. I hope we get a 4s battery life fix. (I find it strange that nobody has been talking about the battery life issues on the 4s. (maybe it's somewhere in the forums, but I think it's bigger than that)).

3. I love Belgian beer

4. And when are we getting that first SIRI update everyone was talking about? (How Siri would be constantly updated to be smarter and stuff)
  • Reply 45 of 49
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hankx32 View Post

4. And when are we getting that first SIRI update everyone was talking about? (How Siri would be constantly updated to be smarter and stuff)

That would be on the server side not on the client side.
  • Reply 46 of 49
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Quote:

1. You guys gotta get a new editor. (Way too many typos lately!)

Agreed

Quote:

2. I hope we get a 4s battery life fix. (I find it strange that nobody has been talking about the battery life issues on the 4s. (maybe it's somewhere in the forums, but I think it's bigger than that)).

My 4S was chewing through its battery in less than a day and running quite hot. Fixed it by changing all 3 exchange accounts to only sync the last month of mail. Now getting 48hrs per charge. From other responses it appears that various apps can cause an error loop which uses lots of CPU cycles.

Quote:

3. I love Belgian beer

Agreed.

Quote:

Hoping it will understand Scottish accents (doubtful) \
  • Reply 47 of 49
    Any fixes to the music player app? 5.0 was a huge downgrade, tons of bugs and missing features, especially the iPad version.

So far no word if it has been improved at all, it's surprising they shipped something so bad and even more so that they've let it go this long without any fixes.
  • Reply 48 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GQB View Post

My own modest wish is that they fix the mobile Safari back-button bug that reloads a version of the page out of some point in the past rather than the actual one that was just displayed.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I've never seen that happen.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nobodyy View Post

This is a symptom of web pages, not Mobile Safari.

Often, AJAX rich sites will change content without reloading the page and instead add a hash to the URL to make the page "back"-able. MS's webkit engine is working as intended if you go back and it reflects the change to the URL hash and reloads the previous state.

This absolutely happens. I filed a bug on this. Multiple reports on Apple forums. It's happened to me on this site. Sometime a refresh will clear it up. Other times, I have to manually clear the Safari cache.
  • Reply 49 of 49
    I really hope that this fixes the battery life problems on my iPhone 4. I've been recharging the phone 3 or 4 times a day ever since IOS 5 came out. I don't know how long the battery will last at this rate.