Smartphone makers plan to mirror Apple's approach with fewer models each year

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

As I said, you really don't know much about what goes on outside the US.

Maybe I don't. You'd have a better chance to get your point through if you had any examples supporting your views. Pretentious Latin words instead of the English equivalents don't do the job.
  • Reply 62 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrDoppio View Post

Maybe I don't. You'd have a better chance to get your point through if you had any examples supporting your views. Pretentious Latin words instead of the English equivalents don't do the job.

It's only pretentious if, ceteris paribus, you want it to be so.
  • Reply 63 of 65
    comes to show what a trend maker Steve was again... may you be in peace wherever you are Steve.
  • Reply 64 of 65
    gwlaw99gwlaw99 Posts: 134member
    More Apple insider headlines:

Winter snowfall shows god is copying Apple's white iPhone.

New stealth fighter copies Apple in using metal as a component.

Single round button on Levi jeans copies single round button on iPhone --zipper also said to violate Apple's slide to unlock patent.
  • Reply 65 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tinman0 View Post

I agree with you, but the problem is that Samsumg, HTC, etc don't control the software.

They could work on keeping phones updated but I suspect there are internal battles in these companies "If we update the old phones, no one will buy the new one", failing totally to realise that most people destroy their handset over 2 years (or whatever their contract is).

I'm sure Samsung has also realised (or will soon) that brand loyalty only works if you treat the customer well, eg sending out updates. No wonder Apple have such loyalty when they refresh old handsets with the latest software, they constantly keep their brand in front of the user, even if it is an old handset.

So no wonder people buy Apple next time round.

Agreed.