Rumor: Apple to hold 'iPad 3' & iOS 5.1 event in early February

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yeah, let's just kill all potential sales of the iPad 2 for an entire month; sounds like a good idea.

They are pretty much already dead thanks to folks being certain that the next one will be out in March just like last time. The only folks buying are those that just have to have it now and/or really don't care if they have the absolute latest and greatest
  • Reply 62 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

The only folks buying are those that just have to have it now and/or really don't care if they have the absolute latest and greatest

So 90% of people, then. Remember, we're not the world. Tens of millions are going to buy and not have ANY idea about the new one, or even care.
  • Reply 63 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I don't think Apple will release a new iPad before WWDC. This year is the best time for Apple to shift their iPad release cycle from March to July. Beside, everyone else gave up on tablet so there is no hurry..

Moving the iPad pushes too much of the income to the end of the year. Sales figure records spread through the year is part of what keeps the stock value high. They would never risk a huge drop by shoving the high selling items all to the end of the year.

Having the iPad around April allows then to release two a year. One that is via new hardware and then six months later a second via new software. THAT is what the S will be for the iPad, software.
  • Reply 64 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

I wish I could raise Unicorns and fly them across the country. Zero chance an iPad get an SD Card reader.

I wouldn't say that. "zero chance an iPad gets an SD card reader for anything more than importing photos" however could be true.
  • Reply 65 of 67
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

Moving the iPad pushes too much of the income to the end of the year. Sales figure records spread through the year is part of what keeps the stock value high. They would never risk a huge drop by shoving the high selling items all to the end of the year.

Having the iPad around April allows then to release two a year. One that is via new hardware and then six months later a second via new software. THAT is what the S will be for the iPad, software.

It doesn't matter. April and Jun are in Q3 and as far as I know Apple reports earnings each quarter. In my opinion a Jun iPad launch will boost Q3 and Q4 and take care of the iPhone launch earnings moving from Q4 to Q1. Apple usually launch new products at the end of the quarter (except for Q1 holiday quarter).

So a Jun launch of the iPad will place it at the end of Q3 and Oct launch of the iPhone will place it in Q1. This is more spread over the year than a March launch of the iPad, which will place it in Q2. Furthermore, Apple released the first iPad in March and the iPhone 4 in July. This is less than four months apart. There is no standard rule to say they should be six months apart.
  • Reply 66 of 67
    Quote:

I wouldn't say that. "zero chance an iPad gets an SD card reader for anything more than importing photos" however could be true.

Hmm, I am tempted to say unlikely. But I cannot disagree if you're basing your speculation of Apple wanting to turn the iPad into an even easier to use machine for processing/editing photos and videos (there are already good apps for that). Having said that, Apple does have a habit not always taking the obvious last step.
  • Reply 67 of 67
    How would a monthly change between announcement and launch date be a new thing this year ?? Can we at LEAST use facts if, as journalists, rhetoric fails us ... ?