Samsung Galaxy Note Super Bowl ad takes more jabs at Apple users

Comments

• Reply 41 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

that ad wasn't direct at anyone that loves and admires their apple products.

it was direct at apple haters and android lovers (the same group, people like you), so they can live in the illusion that we (the ones that freely CHOOSED apple) are some sort of inferior beings.

it's a pity actually... one must be really dumb to believe that we are not free and we are have no knowledge. well, they even come at apple sites (people like you), trying to bash apple, always defending those companies that compete with apple.

truth is, it's everything about apple now. google and microsoft don't matter, samsung does not matter, the same with nokia, etc..

it's all about apple. either you love their products or you hate them. they rule the tech industry. people like you just prove my point.

What in my comment proves your point?
  • Reply 42 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacTel View Post

Yeah, it was a bad commercial. They could have done a lot better. The waiting in line gig was done and over after the first time they used it. They need new material.

Overall the Superbowl ads were pretty lame this year. The half-time show was pretty good. The game itself was the best part though.

I can agree to that. The first ad was good for the fence sitters. Unnecessary for the Android fans and useless for the Apple fans.

They dragged it out for too long and the only thing that saved this commercial IMO was the deviation in the middle into the song and dance. Useless but still fun.

And yea the ads were lame. The game was awesome.

Go Giants!!
  • Reply 43 of 349
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    This ad was utter garbage. Both the product and message were lost and no emotional connection is made with the consumer. Just a bunch or people jumping around and screaming over a stylus. That's what I saw. To think they paid $10 million to show it to the public.
  • Reply 44 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jd_in_sb View Post

Samsung's previous ad that was a play on Apple's 1984, was terrific and classy. This ad was utter garbage. Both the product and message were lost. Just a bunch or people jumping around and screaming.

I think that was a Motorola ad. The Xoom ad. I thought that had potential as well but was lost.

Didn't help that the product sucked and worked like a pre-beta. (Which Matias Duarte admitted Android 3.0 pretty much was)
  • Reply 45 of 349
    racist comment removed
  • Reply 46 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post

racist comment removed

Lol. Feel better about yourself, Xenophobe?
  • Reply 47 of 349
    The game was fantastic. The halftime show awesome...and I'm not a big madonna fan but she put on a great show. The adds...meh :roll eyes:

The samsung add was silly, whip out a huge ass phone and then a stylus. everyone in my house laughed hard when one person on the add said "it has a stylus?"....we were all waiting for the belt holster hanging off one of the actors.
  • Reply 48 of 349
    The ad was great. Entertaining and shows the audience who is hip with technology and who is not.
  • Reply 49 of 349
    I think the Streak 5 proved that there's really a limited market for a 5" Android phone. I still have mine, but never really took to it. The thing is simply too big to fit in my pocket and too small for use as a tablet.

My biggest issue with Samsung, and most of the Android handset manufacturers, is that they really don't add much value to the overall user experience and are more of less integrating technology from others. This doesn't really create a unique user experience the way Apple has done with iPhone.
  • Reply 50 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slapppy View Post

The ad was great. Entertaining and shows the audience who is hip with technology and who is not.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. now I know you're a troll or a Poe.
  • Reply 51 of 349
    eehdeehd Posts: 137member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

It has a pen!? Hmmm, think I'll wait for the upgrade that comes with a sheet of paper.

Ha! It's funny how they are trying to pretend that a stylus is a new, revolutionary product. No, it is technology, circa 2000.
  • Reply 52 of 349
    eehdeehd Posts: 137member
    I would laugh at anyone carrying a phone that big.
  • Reply 53 of 349
    removed
  • Reply 54 of 349
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post

racist comment removed

Well that was over the top.
  • Reply 55 of 349
    Quote:

If the software and the stylus are well buit, with a very nice not the application that could understand when we are trying to draw figures, referentials, etc, very good for notes during classes... wouldn't it be great? all of your class appointments in one device. perfect for school.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I would love a tablet with an iPad class capacitive touch screen combined with a Wacom quality resistive "pen" input.

Add a graphic editor like Photoshop and a OneNote quality note taking application to the mix and I'm in heaven.
  • Reply 56 of 349
    tcaseytcasey Posts: 199member
    Samsung are telling people there sheep to apple products ,yet what do they do all day ...copy apple products.
  • Reply 57 of 349
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member
    It has a pen? Um Pens can get lost and then you have to buy a new one. Also Steve was right. Our fingers are the best stylus.
  • Reply 58 of 349
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

this one was good,

Excuse me! What planet are you on? this one was good????

This is a lousy ad, in term of creativity, production, taste and class. If you think it's good well...

On topic. This phone is too small to write, too big to use as a phone. Fail!
  • Reply 59 of 349
    I see more and more people using styluses for the iPad and Kindle Fire specifically... And I have one myself. Works well for some things, but it is clear that iOS isn't built around that use case.
  • Reply 60 of 349
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:

if the software and the stylus are well buit, with a very nice not the application that could understand when we are trying to draw figures, referentials, etc, very good for notes during classes... wouldn't it be great? all of your class appointments in one device. perfect for school.

for writting a great stylus with great hardware and software would be pretty good. fingers aren't as good, that's why we use pencils and pens. what am i missing?

Completely agree. Thinking about all those students taking notes on new textbooks using stylus instead of typing. Apple will find a hard time building enough iPads for demands.