Halliburton to ditch BlackBerrys in corporate transition to Apple's iOS platform

Comments

• Reply 41 of 75
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PBRSTREETG View Post

Halliburton is not the best of companies

Er, OK....

Quote:

but few can match their logistics and distribution capabilities.

Huh? Somethings out of whack here....
  • Reply 42 of 75
    I really don't understand why they choose Apple's iOS over android! Some sources, which I am not allowed to reveal have clearly shown, that iOS has no future, and Apple is for sure doomed! ;-)
  • Reply 43 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Here's an interesting article I ran across:

Apple's iPhone Business is Now Larger Than All of Microsoft[/B]

Isn't it amazing!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

[B]

and this classic;

Ballmer Laughs at iPhone

Seen this video a hundred times, and it still gives me laughs! Sometimes, I hope they keep chair throwing monkey boy for many years to come.
  • Reply 44 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k2director View Post

You want to talk about stealing taxpayer dollars, let's start with the massive entitlement apparatus being expanded and entrenched daily by your liberal wacko heroes.

You do realize that the greatest subsidies go not to the poor, or women, or racial minorities or healthcare, but to big businesses that push an agenda that sells us all short while proclaiming to be "pro-business" and small government. They don't want small government - unless that means just cutting out the parts they're not selling to / providing for. And as far as pro business goes - they're all in it for themselves.

So go watch some more fox news so you can be told what to hate tomorrow.
  • Reply 45 of 75
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hankx32 View Post

As they should, Halliburton is a bunch of a$$h0le$ directed by Dick C.

You (obviously don't) realize Cheney retired from Halliburton and sold all of his stock almost 12 years ago?
  • Reply 46 of 75
    Liberal media?
  • Reply 47 of 75
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Apple doesn't dictate who can or cannot use it's products.

That's up to each and every corporation to adopt or not.

This is true. I'm sure there are many other dodgy enterprises which make use of Apple products as well.
  • Reply 48 of 75
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmgregory1 View Post

You do realize that the greatest subsidies go not to the poor, or women, or racial minorities or healthcare, but to big businesses

I was going to say 1/3 of the budget goes for defense, 1/3 for entitlements such as social security and medicare, and 1/3 for everything else.

Nevermind - entitlements are now 50%, Defense 1/4 and everything else 1/4: http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/...n_0010#usgs302

Lovely. Our capsizing is happening faster than predicted.

Quote:

So go watch some more fox news so you can be told what to hate tomorrow.

Shooting the messenger rather than the message just makes you look like you don't have an intelligent point to contribute.

And it's pretty lame. Cheap and easy, but lame all the same.
  • Reply 49 of 75
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    Quote:

For 5 years over a decade ago. Let it go.
  • Reply 50 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donw35 View Post

the company I work for is now giving the iPhone 4s as an option to the blackberry, if you already have a blackberry then you cannot switch unless your BB is broken. you guessed it, mine broke and I got an iPhone. Seems more and more blackberry are breaking around here. as an employee, good for all that either get an upgrade to an iPhone or at least have the option to use one or the other.

LOL... "My brand new BBM is broken. It was working fine yesterday before I dropped in that bucket of drain opener."
  • Reply 51 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

I really don't understand why they choose Apple's iOS over android! Some sources, which I am not allowed to reveal have clearly shown, that iOS has no future, and Apple is for sure doomed! ;-)

Is your source using a forum handle that rhymes with "crappy"?
  • Reply 52 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Is your source using a forum handle that rhymes with "crappy"?

Huh! How could you possibly have guessed this? Crapppy Slapppy is not so happpy now is sh/he?
  • Reply 53 of 75
    I don't understand why this gets the red breaking news color. Big companies move to iPhones and iPads all the time. Maybe a company moving 100,000 devices would be slightly newsworthy, but this doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
  • Reply 54 of 75
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

Huh! How could you possibly have guessed this? Crapppy Slapppy is not so happpy now is sh/he?

At least slapppy or whatever their name is doesn't sail under false flags, unlike some other hypocritical people here who bash Apple, yet still use Apple products.
  • Reply 55 of 75
    Quote:

Dick Cavett runs Halliburton?
  • Reply 56 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by delreyjones View Post

As a left-winger I agree with you and I say: "Oh my god! A deal with the devil!"

But as a stockholder I say: "Business is business; ka-ching ka-ching."

Left winger and a capitalist? Apples and oranges!
  • Reply 57 of 75
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by esummers View Post

I don't understand why this gets the red breaking news color. Big companies move to iPhones and iPads all the time. Maybe a company moving 100,000 devices would be slightly newsworthy, but this doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Agreed, reading today that Apple's iPhone division alone is worth double all Microsoft's divisions combined is starting to make news like this seem like reporting rain is wet. Why wouldn't large companies want the best?

BTW the rest of Apple minus the iPhone is also worth more than double what all of Microsoft is worth too
  • Reply 58 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macclone View Post

Left winger and a capitalist? Apples and oranges!

Read any work by Adam Smith?
  • Reply 59 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

I was going to say 1/3 of the budget goes for defense, 1/3 for entitlements such as social security and medicare, and 1/3 for everything else.

Nevermind - entitlements are now 50%, Defense 1/4 and everything else 1/4: http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/...n_0010#usgs302

Lovely. Our capsizing is happening faster than predicted.

Shooting the messenger rather than the message just makes you look like you don't have an intelligent point to contribute.

And it's pretty lame. Cheap and easy, but lame all the same.

Can we get back to talking about Apple?
  • Reply 60 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by echosonic View Post

As a Right-Winger I say "boy it sure didn't take the moon-bats long to derail this one!"

But as a stockholder I say: "Business is business; ka-ching ka-ching."

Is that as funny as yours was?!

You honestly have no idea about Halliburton.....All you know is that bull that Michael Moore has peddled and liberals have eaten up for years. Too bad no other multinational corporation was able to provide any services for troops or volunteered.

Halliburton is a great company with great leadership and great employees. Too bad liberals criticize them, while drinking four dollar lattes, for having a sound business model and true leadership. Obama could learn something from Mr. Lesar. They provide a service and if you would like, you can stop using that product they help produce and boycott their customers. Doubtful though it would really do anything.

Good for both Apple and Halliburton. Having first hand experience, Halliburton employees, they hated the corporate BlackBerry. Many of them carried the BlackBerry and a personal iPhone.