Samsung Galaxy Tab outsold by iPad on home turf

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slapppy View Post

Oh please. It's a guess. No real factual numbers at all.

That's right. Samsung refuses to release any real factual numbers at all.

When they do, we'll see by just how much MORE Apple outsold them.
  • Reply 22 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

He's just baiting. A Seuss character... Like the cat in the hat just messin for the sake of messin. He's smarter than slapppy though. Pretty sure that's not a worthwhile stopping point.

Smarter than you as well, obviously. You might know Dr. Seuss but you don't seem to know the characters on AI.
  • Reply 23 of 39
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    I have to question these kinds of stats, because they assume that people know whether they bought an iPad or a Galaxy. With the same packaging, styling, and accessories, that?s ripe for error!
  • Reply 24 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

I have to question these kinds of stats, because they assume that people know whether they bought an iPad or a Galaxy. With the same packaging, styling, and accessories, that?s ripe for error!

There... that's what I was trying to say... in favor of the iPad, of course.

Hey... we all have our days.
  • Reply 25 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Doesn't quite fit in with your future predictions does it?

I'm genuinely surprised to see you back, Slapppy. I thought your dad had shot your laptop after that Facebook incident.

It's early in the year. Apple is riding an emotional high with users and Wallstreet. Reality will kick in next quarter and my prediction will come true.
  • Reply 26 of 39
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:

It's early in the year. Apple is riding an emotional high with users and Wallstreet. Reality will kick in next quarter and my prediction will come true.

Hate to bust your bubble but they are currently getting voluntarily investigated for supposed workers rights abuses and, as a result, their share price has popped the seal on 500 instead of going d...o...w...n.

That doesn't seem like the typical behavior of a company that will lose as much market share as was publicly predicted, eh?
  • Reply 27 of 39
    Quote:

And so when Greece falls and Europe capitulates, driving the entirety of the world's stocks downward, you won't bother mentioning that Apple's stock going down is a result of that, then, will you? You'll just start screaming about how you're being proven right.

Never mind that it's physically impossible for Apple to go down to 2% marketshare in either OS X or iOS devices by the end of the year. You'll just blow that off, too.
  • Reply 28 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

very proud of Korean-made goods

It used to be worse than that.

It wasn't irregular to be audited if you purchased non-Korean goods of any type.

Here's just one small example:

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=439x1909537

I've even heard stories of military personnel being refused 'services' by Korean prostitutes.

How's THAT for brand loyalty?
  • Reply 29 of 39
    mhdmhd Posts: 63member
    White prostitutes often refuse service to black men. It's just the prostitute's preference.
  • Reply 30 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MHD View Post

White prostitutes often refuse service to black men. It's just the prostitute's preference.

I understand what you're saying, but that's not what was happening in this case.

However, I highly recommend we return to the overall topic of the thread before it gets 'diverted'.
  • Reply 31 of 39
    Quote:

Dude, you should change your handle to "Slap Me", considering how much abuse you have taken and how much more you will be handed as a result of being a troll.
  • Reply 32 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Psych_guy View Post

Dude, you should change your handle to "Slap Me", considering how much abuse you have taken and how much more you will be handed as a result of being a troll.

For 4 years that guy has been saying Apple is going to crumble shortly. Each day, week, month, quarter and year he's been proven wrong.
  • Reply 33 of 39
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

Suddenly all Koreans across the world are praised by the fans of Apple.

Before, they were all lumped together with Samsung and the entire nation (every single one of them) a "copy cat".

How hypocritical of them. Tsk Tsk.

I have Korean friends, some of them use Apple products some of them don't. Never really mattered to me.
  • Reply 34 of 39
    I'm an American expat currently living in Korea. Apple products are a status symbol here hands down. I see a ton of Samsung products and a ton of iPhones. iPads I see every now and then. It could be since Samsung looks so much like Apple products from a distance especially with the tablets it's really hard to tell.

Koreans either love Apple or hate them. Some of my Korean friends say oh no no Samsung doesn't copy anything blah blah.

Weird there are also no official Apple Stores in Korea.
  • Reply 35 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

I am surprised because South Koreans are very proud of Korean-made goods, especially Samsung goods. They may feel that with Apple they are still buying Samsung components.

All the Americans who've been in South Korea for a while say that Koreans are proud of Korean companies like Samsung and Hyundai. But it ain't true. Radar, I'm talking to you.
  • Reply 36 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maclvr03 View Post

I'm an American expat currently living in Korea. Apple products are a status symbol here hands down.

Apple is just a status symbol? Sorta true. But Samsung laptops cost more than Macbook Airs or Macbook Pros so guess which laptops Koreans are buying? MBA and MBP rule in Korea.
  • Reply 37 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

It used to be worse than that.

It wasn't irregular to be audited if you purchased non-Korean goods of any type.

How's THAT for brand loyalty?

That happened 15 years ago. But not anymore. How do I know? I drive a bimmer, my dad drives a merc, brother-in-law drives an audi, and father-in-law has a bimmer in Korea. Nobody got audited.
  • Reply 38 of 39
    As a Korean-American who travels to Korea every other month on business (as well as China), I can tell you that the majority of people there don't care about some "home team" loyalty. Of course, there are those types as well and Samsung alone as a conglomerate employs a significant portion of the population and generates around 20% of the nation's GDP. But then, that sheer size and influence that Samsung exerts also has a lot of detractors.

Samsung recently tried to get into the bakery business (the daughters of the family owners decided it'd be a "fun hobby" enterprise) and the public outcry was so bad that they had to abandon the project. This is very typical of the "chaebol" conglomerates in Korea. The Korean public has a rather intense love-hate relationship with them. On one hand they're proud that Samsung has kicked the beehives out of the likes of Sony and Panasonic but despise their ever-growing tentacles into every fabric of the Korean economy and society.

When I travel around in Korea I try to take notice the number of iPhones or iPads I see and it's quite significant. I wouldn't say it's a majority but you see them so often that you don't even bother counting anymore. As far as tablets, they're overall far harder to see than the ubiquitous phones but I have to say that I've seen more iPads than the Samsung variety.
  • Reply 39 of 39
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    I wouldn't call the entire line of Samsung tablets crap though. I'm quite fond of my Galaxy Note and new Galaxy 7.7 inch. Their both made very well and the 7.7 gives me 12 hours of battery almost every time. I wasn't about to buy the 7.7 but I have a friend who works for a large reseller here and he won it in a employee draw. He gave it to me in exchange for a HTC Titan phone that I got at my Christmas party from my company. So I was happy as the Titan though incredible was just a toy for me.