DoJ allows Google acquisition of Motorola, but calls FRAND commitments 'ambiguous'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gunnar23 View Post

Apple comes across as an A$$hole company, because they make the lion share of mobile profits, have great products and customer base. they have nothing to fear.

So why go after every small mobile player, it is BS and Apple is bully.

I was an Apple fan back in the day, had a G3 blue and white, a G4 and now a MacBook Pro ( a few years old).

Every law suit Apple starts is petty, nonsense stuff like how to slide touch to unlock.

Without Steve Jobs and caught up in law suits with a host of companies might be their long term undoing.

We'll see, but no one likes a bully, well maybe iSheep do.

Whats with the influx of morons the past few days? I mean seriously. There's been an explosion of new registrations, and they've all been mindless trolls.

So you owned an Apple product 10 years ago? Fascinating. Noone really gives a fuck if you owned a G3/G4, doesn't legitimize your trolling or validates the childish idiocy you spew. iSheep? How original. A better use of your time would be to learn english, so you don't make spelling + grammar mistakes with every single word.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple v. Samsung View Post

What Merger? Motorola mobility is going to be ran as a separate entity. Google doesn't want to merger in to the current business.

The two companies' operations may not merge, but Google is taking on a very real risk of being held liable for MMI's actions in the marketplace. Piercing the corporate veil.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    Google keeps making mistakes with bad purchases and loser product releases.

Google no longer innovates. The Motorola Purchase is a mistake.

1. The Motorola patents are not going to serve the purpose that Google hopes and they over paid by a lot for Motorola and Motorola will become a liability for Google.

2. Google steals technologies from Apple, Oracle, Paypal, Nuance etc... instead of innovating.

Forget it. Google needs a better CEO
  • Reply 24 of 32
    Quote:

What you done like the truth, iSheep

Sorry iFans, for the poor grammar

What, you don't like the truth, iSheep

What your andork device doesn't come with a delete or backspace key to fix your ignorant grammar? So, instead you have to apologize for it.....
  • Reply 25 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Whats with the influx of morons the past few days? I mean seriously. There's been an explosion of new registrations, and they've all been mindless trolls.

So you owned an Apple product 10 years ago? Fascinating. Noone really gives a fuck if you owned a G3/G4, doesn't legitimize your trolling or validates the childish idiocy you spew. iSheep? How original. A better use of your time would be to learn english, so you don't make spelling + grammar mistakes with every single word.

To your point, I used to read the threads all the time, but as of late it seems like a bunch of idiots have just joined only to make stupid comments that are not even grammatically correct.

Saruman must have released a batch of Trolls from the dirt oven mirk they grow in, and sent them all to AI.....

Time to clean house Tallest Skil!
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Quote:

Apple comes across as an A$$hole company, because they make the lion share of mobile profits, have great products and customer base. they have nothing to fear.

But Microsoft and Google don't because… they're…

Quote:

So why go after every small mobile player,

If I own a store and a homeless man tries to steal from me, I'll treat him the same as when George Clooney tried to steal from me.

Quote:

I was an Apple fan back in the day,

Yeah, we know; you haven't posted since 2007. And only a few times at all since aught four.

Quote:

Every law suit Apple starts is petty, nonsense stuff like how to slide touch to unlock.

So you're just ignoring the fact that absolutely no one on the face of the Earth sold a device with said technology in it before Apple did. Right, so let's say you invent a house door that doesn't require you to turn a doorknob to enter. Basically it's a door that lets you carry groceries in or stuff out without having to fumble with a knob.

You'd be fine with people stealing your design and making money off of it. You'd be okay with that. That's what you're saying.

Quote:

Without Steve Jobs and caught up in law suits with a host of companies might be their long term undoing.

Slapppy? Is that you?

Quote:

We'll see, but no one likes a bully, well maybe iSheep do.

We'll just bleat you to death.

*ducks* ALL ABOARD THE BAD PUN EXPRESS! CHOO CHOO!
  • Reply 27 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

But Microsoft and Google don't because? they're?

?

If I own a store and a homeless man tries to steal from me, I'll treat him the same as when George Clooney tried to steal from me.

Yeah, we know; you haven't posted since 2007. And only a few times at all since aught four.

So you're just ignoring the fact that absolutely no one on the face of the Earth sold a device with said technology in it before Apple did. Right, so let's say you invent a house door that doesn't require you to turn a doorknob to enter. Basically it's a door that lets you carry groceries in or stuff out without having to fumble with a knob.

You'd be fine with people stealing your design and making money off of it. You'd be okay with that. That's what you're saying.

Slapppy? Is that you?

We'll just bleat you to death.

*ducks* ALL ABOARD THE BAD PUN EXPRESS! CHOO CHOO!

Thanks!
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Tallest Skil,

Everyone hated Microsoft because they are a bully, killed Netscape and others.

Now is payback time, MS phone OS is not bad, but most people won't even consider it, why cause people have a negative opinion of MS, and they deserve it. WinPhone would have to be way better than Apple and Android for me to consider it. Not going to happen.

Apple was always a loved company, I work in IT and have recommended it loads of time, back in the day when Apple was hurting.

To me it seems like Apple is going the way of MS, we'll see.

Apple is the biggest company in the world, why go after HTC, Moto, Asus? Seriously these guys can't touch Apple.

If they have a problem with Google they should sue google, not pick on the little guys.

BTW Microsoft are big a-holes too.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    Quote:

Apple is the biggest company in the world, why go after HTC, Moto, Asus?

So your only criteria for disallowing Apple their legal right to protect their intellectual property is 'they're the biggest'. Okay, then.

Quote:

If they have a problem with Google they should sue google, not pick on the little guys.

You mean the 'little guys' who are selling all of Google's software and copying Apple's hardware? Apple has their own problems with everyone. Getting the Google stuff is a bonus and a precursor to the inevitable lawsuit.

Seriously, when Steve was approached to be Google's CEO back when they were a startup, he should have agreed. Then simply folded Google into NeXT and eventually Apple and we wouldn't have had this mess at all.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    Quote:

So your only criteria for disallowing Apple their legal right to protect their intellectual property is 'they're the biggest'. Okay, then.

You mean the 'little guys' who are selling all of Google's software and copying Apple's hardware? Apple has their own problems with everyone. Getting the Google stuff is a bonus and a precursor to the inevitable lawsuit.

Seriously, when Steve was approached to be Google's CEO back when they were a startup, he should have agreed. Then simply folded Google into NeXT and eventually Apple and we wouldn't have had this mess at all.

How come Apple does not sue Microsoft, WinPhones and Android look almost the same.

Apple is trying to do the same MS did to Netscape, they want to kill Android.

How many features did Apple copy form Android? a lot. the iPhone is a better product because of Android and Android is better because of the iPhone. they are in competition and we benefit from it.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    Quote:

How come Apple does not sue Microsoft, WinPhones and Android look almost the same.

Windows Phone 7, happily, doesn't look a thing like iOS or Android. If there would be a lawsuit there, it would be for misuse of an UNDERLYING patent based on the operation of the device, and it would likely be settled out of court (if it was between Microsoft and Apple, that is).

Quote:

Apple is trying to do the same MS did to Netscape, they want to kill Android.

Yes, exactly. Android has no place existing in its current form. Android needs taken off the market entirely or rewritten.

Quote:

How many features did Apple copy form Android? a lot.

*pat on the head* Aww, you think that's a valid argument.

Quote:

the iPhone is a better product because of Android

Possibly. I'd agree with that conditionally.

Quote:

and Android is better because of the iPhone.

Android wouldn't EXIST without the iPhone. It would be a BLACKBERRY OS CLONE without the iPhone.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    Quote:

Windows Phone 7, happily, doesn't look a thing like iOS or Android. If there would be a lawsuit there, it would be for misuse of an UNDERLYING patent based on the operation of the device, and it would likely be settled out of court (if it was between Microsoft and Apple, that is).

Yes, exactly. Android has no place existing in its current form. Android needs taken off the market entirely or rewritten.

*pat on the head* Aww, you think that's a valid argument.

Possibly. I'd agree with that conditionally.

Android wouldn't EXIST without the iPhone. It would be a BLACKBERRY OS CLONE without the iPhone.

Pretty funny "BLACKBERRY OS CLONE", probably more likely Symbian or Maemo

Thanks for your honest discussion.