Apple on verge of revealing first Netherlands store

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

The first Apple Store in the Netherlands is expected to unveiled in the near future as new window displays were put up on Tuesday announcing that the retail outlet will be "opening soon."

Dutch Apple blog iPhoneclub.nl () has posted pictures of the renovated historic building that the new store will call home, showing window coverings that are reminiscent of Amsterdam's coat of arms with three vertically stacked Apple logos sitting in sharp relief against a background of the Netherlands' official color of orange.

Previous reports placed Feb. 18 as the day the store's unveiling would take place, however new reports from the outlet's staff as saying that a mandatory holiday has been planned for that date.

Apple's first Netherlands store will take up two levels of the historic HIrsch building in Amsterdam's central Leidseplein Square, and will join the company's Benelux headquarters that is located on the floor above.

Facade of soon-to-be-opened Apple Store in Amsterdam. | Source: iPhoneclub.nl

The news follows recent reports that iTunes Match had been released in the region as part of a staggered worldwide rollout.

The Cupertino, Calif., company has been busy with comprehensive renovations and building preservation work to ready the store for launch, though no word has been given regarding the official opening date.

[ View article on AppleInsider ]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    There will be two unveilings for this one store.

One of the store through the smoke.

One of the store itself.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Steve would have never approved those 3 Apple logos stacked on top of each other.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

Steve would have never approved those 3 Apple logos stacked on top of each other.

I love all these armchair Steve Jobs' that have popped up since his death.

And by 'love' I mean 'want to hit'.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I love all these armchair Steve Jobs' that have popped up since his death.

And by 'love' I mean 'want to hit'.

Actually, I think they've got a point.

Can you see minimalist-mad Steve plopping three of those on top of each other?

It does stand out as...unusual.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Actually, I think they've got a point.

Can you see minimalist-mad Steve plopping three of those on top of each other?

It does stand out as...unusual.

I'll agree with that, but there is a point where you are being minimalist just for the sake of it. Sometimes spicing things up a little isn't such a bad thing. Just don't do this!

http://st2.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/blac...sign-p9981.jpg
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hittrj01 View Post

I'll agree with that, but there is a point where you are being minimalist just for the sake of it. Sometimes spicing things up a little isn't such a bad thing. Just don't do this!

That's not minimalist, that's maximalist.

When you've put the word "DESIGN" on your product, it's overdesigned.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hittrj01 View Post

Designed by PORSCHE?

Now I know how the Cayenne happened.

Here's an example of where the minimalist approach would have been beneficial:

• Reply 8 of 15
    mrrmrr Posts: 69member
    Those three Apple logos are making reference to the official flag of Amsterdam.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrr View Post

Geez, finally someone gets it.

• Reply 10 of 15
    My bad!

G

T

R
  • Reply 11 of 15
    tcaseytcasey Posts: 199member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

its probably a fake store..ha..
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Will this be the first Apple Store to sell dope and booze?
  • Reply 13 of 15
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Will this be the first Apple Store to sell dope and booze?

Amsterdam is great! I read that it's illegal to smoke cigs in the coffee shops now, but weed and hash is not of course!

Apple should open up a Hash bar right next to the Genius bar! It'll be the coolest Apple store in the world!
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Amsterdam is great! I read that it's illegal to smoke cigs in the coffee shops now, but weed and hash is not of course!

Apple should open up a Hash bar right next to the Genius bar! It'll be the coolest Apple store in the world!

You can only smoke weed and hash in coffeeshops if there isn't any tobacco in it; it has to be a pure Dutchie.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrr View Post

Props man