Are you lucky?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Not much to explain, the topic says it all. I think I am pretty lucky in general. A small example happened today...

I received a new power adapter for my ibook from applecare today (overnight delivery!) but it was a grey hockey puck not the white rectangular fellow i had. So I phoned apple and the guy said they screwed up and told me to keep the puck adapter it will work for the ibook and also arranged for the proper adapter to be sent right away. So I spent $20CAN to get the proper extension cord for the puck and I get a second power adapter! YEAH!

Pretty lucky I think. how about you?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    i've been lucky for years now. it's odd, i can't explain it, but it's enough that others notice and comment on it.

i like it though, makes life easier.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I have seen people who I would indeed consider genuinely lucky. They seem to have one amazing incident happen to them after another.

I only have the luck that I make from hard work. Since I work pretty hard, it is pretty good luck.

Nick
  • Reply 3 of 6
    just generally unlucky.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    when it comes to certain things... like handing in late papers, I am extremely luckey

when it comes to other things I can be unlucky...

but it seems the good luck benefits FAR outweigh the bad luck pitfalls...

and i've always been one to rely on chance
  • Reply 5 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by I-bent-my-wookie:

<strong>Not much to explain, the topic says it all. I think I am pretty lucky in general. A small example happened today...

I received a new power adapter for my ibook from applecare today (overnight delivery!) but it was a grey hockey puck not the white rectangular fellow i had. So I phoned apple and the guy said they screwed up and told me to keep the puck adapter it will work for the ibook and also arranged for the proper adapter to be sent right away. So I spent $20CAN to get the proper extension cord for the puck and I get a second power adapter! YEAH!

Pretty lucky I think. how about you?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't know....you DID bend your wookie
  • Reply 6 of 6
    You make your own luck. Then luck is what you make it. Hence, sure I'm lucky. Lucky as I want to be.