Apple to hold March 7 iPad event in San Francisco

Comments

• Reply 81 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

Okay, don't flame me for this and yes, I do have better things to be doing, however...

The desktop image in the invitation only takes on that particular appearance when the screen is in portrait mode. Therefore, with that spacing, the button should be right below the Maps icon and quite visible. Still, I'd say that the image has just been manipulated to remove distraction. (Either that or the button is gone )

Date manually changed to Tuesday, March 7th, flipped 180°, photos taken, image chosen, and camera sensor distraction edited out.
  • Reply 82 of 230
    I hear that Safari is snappier on the new model.
  • Reply 83 of 230
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lvidal View Post

The problem with live streams is that journalists and other kind of invitees don't go to the events, and Apple, as any other company, wants to see their room full after all the effort of creating such an event like this. So, sorry, I would like to see a live streaming too, but knowing the pain it is make this kind of shows I understand them.

You honestly think there's any chance the room WON'T be full to capacity? This is an Apple keynote we're talking about. Live-streaming will not change that. Every invited journalist will go.
  • Reply 84 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'm betting on a 1080p AppleTV and 1080p iTS content also being announced. Seems ideal for all three this time.

You'll definitely go blind that way.

I am already losing my eyesight -- attributing it to old age... er, ah, um... 22 :
  • Reply 85 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PowerMach View Post

I hear that Safari is snappier on the new model.

...more memory == bigger memory leaks
  • Reply 86 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

I am already losing my eyesight -- attributing it to old age... er, ah, um... 22 :

• Reply 87 of 230
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    Quote:

Date manually changed to Tuesday, March 7th, flipped 180°, photos taken, image chosen, and camera sensor distraction edited out.

Yes - of course, the screen could have been upside down!
  • Reply 88 of 230
    Gimme!
  • Reply 89 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Parental controls are built right in for those reasons.

I'm guessing by the way you asked this question however, that you are some kind of extreme wacko that wants to do something that no one in the world besides yourself ever thought of or wanted to do before and that therefore this answer probably won't satisfy you.

looking for something beyond parental controls. are there any?
  • Reply 90 of 230
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

Would this be the first time they've ever shown the product in the teaser invite before the unveiling?

Could be. Thee was much talk when they actually showed a little bit of a lion behind the writing on the card for the lion revelation. I guess that doesn't really count. Perhaps this is an acknowledgement of sorts, that it is what we all have known it is for ages now.

Still exciting!
  • Reply 91 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lvidal View Post

The problem with live streams is that journalists and other kind of invitees don't go to the events, and Apple, as any other company, wants to see their room full after all the effort of creating such an event like this. So, sorry, I would like to see a live streaming too, but knowing the pain it is make this kind of shows I understand them.

Except that attendees get hands-on time with the devices after the presentation, which those who choose to cover the event from a live stream clearly would not.

Also, iPad2 event was live streamed.
  • Reply 92 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

You honestly think there's any chance the room WON'T be full to capacity? This is an Apple keynote we're talking about. Live-streaming will not change that. Every invited journalist will go.

Of course they'll go now, but, if Apple makes always live streaming of their events, you can be sure the attendance will be cut in half.
  • Reply 93 of 230
    I don't think you should read too much into the clarity of the photo. There is too much blur from the Calendar icon to the Maps icon. There isn't similar blur on the hand at equal or greater distance.

On the other hand... Maps icon maybe foreshadows the dumping of Google and introducing Apple's in-house mapping software? Keynote foreshadows new iWorks release?
  • Reply 94 of 230
    I think it's pretty obvious that the iPad in the picture is turned on it's side so you can't see the picture and they either edited out the other apps or they simply went to a screen with no apps on the bottom so you'll focus on the 7. That's the point anyway, to say March 7th. This picture could easily be enhanced also. The retina display is not a certainty until Apple says it is in their presentation.
  • Reply 95 of 230
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Time to start making [email protected] files for all of my apps.

Now where did I leave those Photoshop files?
  • Reply 96 of 230
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Cool. So on March 8 we can start on the iPad 4 rumors.
  • Reply 97 of 230
    Quote:

Would this be the first time they've ever shown the product in the teaser invite before the unveiling?

No. See: Last time.

• Reply 98 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 11thIndian View Post

Except that attendees get hands-on time with the devices after the presentation, which those who choose to cover the event from a live stream clearly would not.

Also, iPad2 event was live streamed.

That's a big plus, but I'm pretty sure it must be something with making people go to the event.
  • Reply 99 of 230
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by j1h15233 View Post

I think it's pretty obvious that the iPad in the picture is turned on it's side so you can't see the picture and they either edited out the other apps or they simply went to a screen with no apps on the bottom so you'll focus on the 7. That's the point anyway, to say March 7th. This picture could easily be enhanced also. The retina display is not a certainty until Apple says it is in their presentation.

The iPad isn't on its side but might be upside down.
  • Reply 100 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PowerMach View Post

Sure. Last time.

Apple invitations are truly art. Remember in that event they released the smart cover, and that invitation resembles that behavior when you uncover the iPad. They're genius :P