iPhone battery charging questions

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Just bought my first iPhone and have several questions:

Suggestions for charging battery...been told that charging with Mac not best method? same comment about charging with car cigarette lighter?

Then, someone recommended shutting down the iPhone periodically? Is this true? How often? How do it?

Thanks for helping a neophyte on iPhone.

Walt

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I've never shut down my iPhone (save for reboots required by early jailbreaks) in the four and a half years I've owned it. You can charge with any means you wish. I've never done it with a cigarette lighter, though.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    santbrsantbr Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by switchfromdell View Post

Just bought my first iPhone and have several questions:

Suggestions for charging battery...been told that charging with Mac not best method? same comment about charging with car cigarette lighter?

Then, someone recommended shutting down the iPhone periodically? Is this true? How often? How do it?

Thanks for helping a neophyte on iPhone.

Walt

all the batteries of Apple products have a count of battery counter. if your device shut down due to low battery it is counted. Like my friend's Apple laptop has 500 count limit. if the system is shutdown due to low battery it will be counted in the memory. same is the case with the iPhone or iPad. read the manual and find out if there is any instruction for the iPhone Batter. if you find it out do keep it in mind not to let it shut down due to low battery.

now the question of how to charge it? it is the best practice to charge the battery by shutting down the system, but if it is not there is no worries. to plug it in car or mac. it is not recommended as there is a sensor relay, if your iPhone battery charging sensor found electric shock it may harm your iPhone so avoid such charging. I have burn my laptop due to electric shock which can come without any intimation.

enjoy