Customers report receiving shipment notifications for new iPad

Comments

• Reply 21 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

In two minds as to whether I should get 16 or 32 GB?

My iPad 1 was 16 as was my iPad 2. It probably makes more sense going with 32GB.

We also had a 16gb iPad 1 and iPad 2. We're definitely going with the 32gb this time around. Now that our daughter is wanting to watch all of her Dora and Blue's Clues episodes on the iPad and with the amount of apps we have to load on it the 16gb size just isn't sufficient.

What I wonder is how quickly delivery times will slip and how far out they will go. I want delivery as late in April as possible since my in-laws are flying over at the beginning of May. No reason to waste warranty while it sits in their luggage.
  • Reply 22 of 58
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by integlspwr View Post

the status on my white 16gb wifi ordered 3 hours after pre orders went live says.

"Preparing for Shipment"

what is everyone else saying.

Yup, my 32GB White Wi-Fi is showing the same.
  • Reply 23 of 58
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    This is amazing news....someone ordered something and got a shipping notice. Who would have thought.....
  • Reply 24 of 58
    I got that email this morning too. Hopefully it'll come a little bit early
  • Reply 25 of 58
    cycl0necycl0ne Posts: 1member
    I ordered 2 iPads, one personalized and one regular. The personalized one shipped from EPZ, China today and is currently in Chengdu, China. Shipped by UPS.

Location\tDate\tLocal Time\tActivity

Chengdu, China\t 03/09/2012\t 7:55 P.M.\tArrival Scan

EPZ, China\t 03/09/2012\t 7:21 P.M.\tDeparture Scan

03/09/2012\t 12:12 P.M.\tOrigin Scan

China\t 03/09/2012\t 2:52 A.M.\tOrder Processed: Ready for UPS
  • Reply 26 of 58
    kpomkpom Posts: 660member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icoco3 View Post

This is amazing news....someone ordered something and got a shipping notice. Who would have thought.....

Seriously, though, I wonder how many people will get them a day or two early, as what happened with the iPhone 4S pre-orders. This time around, Apple seems to have caught up with the supply chain (I guess 7 months of Tim Cook as the undisputed CEO is having its effect) and even new orders today for the Wi-Fi and Verizon models are due to arrive next Friday, so I wouldn't be surprised if a few people get theirs early.

I originally placed an order on the 7th for an AT&T model, but I changed it yesterday to Verizon after they confirmed that hotspot would be included (AT&T is still "working with Apple" on it - translation: they are figuring out how to charge extra for it).
  • Reply 27 of 58
    donw35donw35 Posts: 30member
    Ordered the new iPad march 7th and got a tracking number for the 16th, ordered an iPad 2(present) yesterday and got a tracking number for the 12th.

I am in no hurry but if it does show up on Friday we will have an iPad party. Lol
  • Reply 28 of 58
    macpipmacpip Posts: 8member
    I got the shipping Email yesterday, it has left Hong Kong and scheduled for delivery on 16th (of course):

Location Date \tLocal Time \tActivity

Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong \t03/09/2012 \t8:08 P.M. \t Departure Scan

Shenzhen, China \t 03/09/2012 \t11:55 A.M. \tDeparture Scan

Shenzhen, China \t 03/08/2012 \t9:13 P.M. \t Origin Scan

China \t 03/09/2012 \t10:21 P.M. \tOrder Processed: Ready for UPS
  • Reply 29 of 58
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Mine is still processing. Ugh!!!!
  • Reply 30 of 58
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,101member
    My black 32GB + Verizion left from Shenzhen, with estimated delivery date of March 16 according to UPS (and they are usually accurate to the day). However, since I am in San Francisco, "Gateway to the Pacific Rim," hopefully I can receive it a day or 2 earlier Interestingly, it does not say Signature Required. I don't want the UPS guy to just leave it at my door! I'm sure there are lots of schemers out there on the lookout for boxes this size as they know they will be shipped on this day.

Again, I've said this 10 times so far on this board (I never really commented here before as you can see by my profile) this is my FIRST iPad. I've only used one once for about 3 minutes and it was for a boring hospital survey, so I have never really experienced one. That explains my sheer giddiness and anxiety. Geez, I hope it calms down before next Friday!!

The more I am researching, the more I am learning that this thing can do so much more than a PC or laptop, especially for the type of work that I do where I need mobility, that I really do believe these will overtake computers. I always thought that was a joke before, but I see it as the truth. Still love my Macbook though!
  • Reply 31 of 58
    I ordered my iPad and new ATV the morning after announcement and I'm getting a shipping date of March 30th.
  • Reply 32 of 58
    ...cover should be here (California) today, shipped from Elk Grove via UPS

Just got email with a FedEx tracking number for the iPad, track says its in Ontario, CA and will be delivered 3/16.

Wonder if Ontario is where one of those supposed 'big drop ships' of iPads from China went to last week?
  • Reply 33 of 58
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Got notice that I'm about to receive the extra power adapter and smart cover (separately, they could learn a tad from Amazon on that) while the iPad is still aimed at a 16th "delivery" with no shipping notice as of yet.
  • Reply 34 of 58
    donw35donw35 Posts: 30member
    Looks like mine made it to Anchorage AK today at 11:54am, getting closer
  • Reply 35 of 58
    Mine's in Nashville. Says estimated delivery on Monday by 3pm. I only ordered the iPad so it can't be for another item. I wonder if it changes later but it'd be great to get it early!
  • Reply 36 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JJJameson View Post

Mine's in Nashville. Says estimated delivery on Monday by 3pm. I only ordered the iPad so it can't be for another item. I wonder if it changes later but it'd be great to get it early!

Where did it originate? China?
  • Reply 37 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

Where did it originate? China?

It lists Nashville as the city it was picked up in and that's all it lists.

And this is FedEx.
  • Reply 38 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JJJameson View Post

It lists Nashville as the city it was picked up in and that's all it lists.

And this is FedEx.

I think since I got the laser engraving, that is why mine is shipping from China :doh!:
  • Reply 39 of 58
    Mine says shipped from Middletown, PA with delivery on March 16
  • Reply 40 of 58
    Yeah my order has now been changed to the 16th by 4:30pm due to a delivery exception of "Future delivery requested".