Apple TV, iOS devices now recognize DVD Digital Copies in iTunes in the Cloud

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    jdmac29jdmac29 Posts: 42member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

I noticed that. but only on SD since that was what the copy originally was.

Two of my Harry Potter titles aren't showing as purchased (they were all digital copies) but I'm hoping that will resolve itself in time.

I have two Harry Potters also missing. Cars 2 is not there either.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    postulantpostulant Posts: 1,272member
    I love the new UI... I think it's awesome looking and most important, practical.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The only way to make the TV as cheap as possible is to lock people into a 12-24 month contract so they will be able to sell iTV at an up-front price the consumer can afford. And they only way to achieve that is Subscription TV Shows.

I don't like the idea of a 12-24 month contract to buy an iTV. I thought the iTV would provide an alternative to the cable/sat contract model with a one box home entertainment system providing FTA TV, movie rentals, streaming purchased iTunes content (movies, tv, music, games, apps, etc) and the option to subscribe to single channel app's like MLB.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    Deleted
  • Reply 25 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gymrat View Post

This is sadly not yet available in the UK :-(

This is working in the UK for purchased/free TV Shows, but not for movies. I get a Purchased tab on Apple TV where I can stream shows. Guess its a licensing issue with movies in the UK as usual.
  • Reply 26 of 33
    rabbit_coachrabbit_coach Posts: 1,114member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Lots of hidden extras with videos I'm surprised they didn't feature on Wednesday.

PS: Do people really hate this 4th Apple TV UI because I think it's the best one they've released.

I think it's the first that actually makes me buy an Apple TV. In Switzerland TV sucks, but for everything non-TV Apple TV with the new UI may just be the mood changer. Anyway I know some people who are definitely in for the new device.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    dagamer34dagamer34 Posts: 494member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by calvin2006 View Post

If you delete your digital copy and go to iCloud in iTunes, it redownloads it and includes the iTunes Extras, if there are any available. You didn't get those with the original digital copy. Nice little side benefit.

How did you get the extras? I tried with a digital copy of Captain America but it just downloaded an SD copy of the movie and nothing else.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdmac29 View Post

I have two Harry Potters also missing. Cars 2 is not there either.

I'm thinking they are victims of similar broadcast exclusive deals like the Universal and Fox with HBO and we will see them later on.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    zmaxmanzmaxman Posts: 15member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mooch View Post

It's not, I just checked. *grumble*

As usual, Canada is left out of the mix, still waiting for Siri to give directions in Canada!!!!
  • Reply 30 of 33
    yensid98yensid98 Posts: 311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

I'm thinking they are victims of similar broadcast exclusive deals like the Universal and Fox with HBO and we will see them later on.

I don't think has anything to do with HBO contracts.

A friend of mine with Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and The Nightmare Before Christmas digital copies has them showing up as available for streaming. However on my iMac with those tow digital copies installed they are not showing up for streaming.

I think this has much more to do with inaccuracies in the way Apple is determining eligibility.

For the record, Half-Blood Prince is the only one of the six Harry Potter movies I have digital copies for that is not available for streaming.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

I don't like the idea of a 12-24 month contract to buy an iTV. I thought the iTV would provide an alternative to the cable/sat contract model with a one box home entertainment system providing FTA TV, movie rentals, streaming purchased iTunes content (movies, tv, music, games, apps, etc) and the option to subscribe to single channel app's like MLB.

But then they can't subsidize the TV. If they subsidize it it'll be a hit. Perhaps in your scenario they can offer people an option to buy it at full price? $1,299 off contract?
  • Reply 32 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

But then they can't subsidize the TV. If they subsidize it it'll be a hit. Perhaps in your scenario they can offer people an option to buy it at full price? $1,299 off contract?

Oh I see, you mean Apple discounts the purchase price of the iTV in return for the user taking out a 12-24 month contract with Apple for some form of TV streaming service. This would provide access to all or most of the content on the iTunes Store for a fixed monthly price. That gives you all the films you could want and TV shows plus music and maybe games. A sort of Lovefilm/Netflix + Spotify + OnLive. You could then add on your own subscription app's for things like live sports. Presumably your subscription would also allow you to watch the streamed content on your iPad and iPhone as well all for say £20/month. Interesting idea. I see where your coming from now.
  • Reply 33 of 33
    guyrguyr Posts: 50member
    In the Store Preferences of iTunes, it now shows 'When downloading High Definition videos, prefer" you then have the choice of 720p or 1080p. I wonder if this will over write the Digital copy version on the disc.