Apple poised to take 84% share of corporate market with new iPad

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

Wait, this can't be. I want to verify your statements:

1. The company which employs you finds activation via BlackBerry Enterprise Server acceptable (which is an "outside" server depending upon viewpoint) but Apple activation servers are not acceptable?

2. The company which employs you finds routing all web traffic through BlackBerry Enterprise Server including email acceptable but one-time activation via Apple servers is not acceptable?

3. Why doesn't the company just use Apple's mobile device management - which allows the admin to control access to the device?

http://www.apple.com/iphone/business/integration/mdm/
  • Reply 22 of 25
    tjwaltjwal Posts: 404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Couldn't agree more. It's funny how a few of the old die hard PC users I know insist on using something ... anything ... with Android rather than iOS for their mobile needs as they can't bring themselves to use an Apple product and coming to terms with exactly what you say. They are in complete shock and denial it seems.

My Mac from 1984 is on my bookcase beside me and still runs.

I still have my II+ from 1981 not sure that it works though. There is also an SE30 and LC630 somewhere in the basement if the wife hasn't thrown them out. We've just implemented BYOD (bring your own device) so at least now iphones can now be synced to email and calanders.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    AAPL P/Et16.87

AMZN P/E: 132.84

If there is a bubble, that should be Amazon, with a P/E ratio of 132.84!

Apple, with a P/E ratio of 16.87, is still undervalued, in my opinion.

Is my reasoning correct? What do you guys think?
  • Reply 24 of 25
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tjwal View Post

I still have my II+ from 1981 not sure that it works though. There is also an SE30 and LC630 somewhere in the basement if the wife hasn't thrown them out. We've just implemented BYOD (bring your own device) so at least now iphones can now be synced to email and calanders.

Cool. I had an Apple ][ 48K with language card, three disk drives and an Apple /// with Profile stored in my dad's basement in the UK. He pass away a couple of years back and they mysteriously vanished.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    boeyc15boeyc15 Posts: 986member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

Wait, this can't be. I want to verify your statements:

1. The company which employs you finds activation via BlackBerry Enterprise Server acceptable (which is an "outside" server depending upon viewpoint) but Apple activation servers are not acceptable?

2. The company which employs you finds routing all web traffic through BlackBerry Enterprise Server including email acceptable but one-time activation via Apple servers is not acceptable?

Yup... here is the qoute-

"OFFICIALLY: The iPhone will not be offered as a corporate device

However, iPhones and iPads are now in VERY LIMITED DEPLOYMENT. Purchases will require a compelling business case to be approved by executive management. If you are approved you can order here http:xxxxxx

xxxxxx has policies in place that require any non-xxxxx device connected to the xxxxxx internal network to have certain technical controls in place (such as firewall, antivirus, and access control) to prevent unauthorized users from accessing xxxxx information. Ref: xxxxxxxx section xxxxxx. Personally owned devices are prohibited from connecting to the xxxxx Network, see section xxxxx and xxxxx

From a technical and security standpoint there are required evaluations and standard approval processes to be accomplished before enterprise adoption can occur. One problem is that to enable an iPhone to register as a cell phone it must have an iTunes account. There is risk that if an employee were to put xxxxxx information on an iPhone, that information could inadvertently get uploaded or shared across iTunes. xxxxxx cannot take the risk of inadvertent disclosure simply because Apple requires the device to be connected to iTunes. Apple must decouple from this requirement and figure out how to allow corporate use without an iTunes account.

Until then, the iPhone, iTouch, Palm, and Windows Mobile devices must not be connected to the xxxxxx network. The only authorized device is the Blackberry."

As I mentioned, for my booberry, I called ATT to activate, have a corporate app to activate email etc.

If you guys have some arguements to fight back with (not that a peon like me can do anything), please share.