Walmart to sell new iPad at midnight on Friday

Comments

• Reply 21 of 49
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    I didn't think a "Thursday night at midnight" was a thing that is possible.
  • Reply 22 of 49
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

I didn't think a "Thursday night at midnight" was a thing that is possible.

Remember, we are talking about Walmart, right?

Do you honestly believe that the majority of their customers could figure out what 12:01am Friday morning means?
  • Reply 23 of 49
    Walmart really shouldn't have. All it means is they'll run out of stock sooner rather than later.
  • Reply 24 of 49
    kpomkpom Posts: 660member
    Well, my brother-in-law just received his pre-order today, courtesy of FedEx. I changed my order the 2nd day to the Verizon one, so I'll need to wait until tomorrow.
  • Reply 25 of 49
    Argh..mine's still sitting in New Jersey.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KPOM View Post

Well, my brother-in-law just received his pre-order today, courtesy of FedEx. I changed my order the 2nd day to the Verizon one, so I'll need to wait until tomorrow.

• Reply 26 of 49
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Mine is in pieces spread all around Asia in various subassemblies. I haven't ordered one yet, but I will eventually get around to it.
  • Reply 27 of 49
    n2macsn2macs Posts: 87member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KPOM View Post

Perhaps Wal-Mart got the idea from Telestra. From what I read the crowds were a little smaller in Australia than for the iPad 2 rollout, but I'm guessing it's because last year there were no pre-orders.

In any case, I'll gladly wait for the FedEx truck tomorrow. Actually, it will arrive while I'm at the office, so it will be there when I get home.

Where do you live again?
  • Reply 28 of 49
    [insult removed]
  • Reply 29 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleZilla View Post

I wouldn't buy anything from Walmart if my life depended on it.

Their prices on .45, .40, .357 sig, and 9mm are decent. I've been known to get .45 Long Colt from them when short. Who was asking where I lived so they could hijack my Fed-Ex shipments?
  • Reply 30 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paladin762 View Post

yur a snotty piece of crap

Be kind to the price fixing, rent control crowd. Pray they don't move to your state.
  • Reply 31 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Mine is in pieces spread all around Asia in various subassemblies. I haven't ordered one yet, but I will eventually get around to it.

Mine arrives in The Republic in a few hours. God bless fast internet, a decent IQ, and a propensity toward impulse apple buying.
  • Reply 32 of 49
    Jesus.
  • Reply 33 of 49
    kpomkpom Posts: 660member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by n2macs View Post

Where do you live again?

Sorry, false alarm. It was just some accessories. The box was the right size, though.

Anyway, mine's in Newark right now. I'm guessing it will cross the Hudson just in time for me to be at the office when it arrives at my apartment for the doorman to sign.
  • Reply 34 of 49
    Just bought 4 at Walmart. There was me and this granny there in line for two hours. No one else. All those people in tents and here I am with a little old lady and no purchase limit, standing next to a trolley full of iPads. I felt underprivileged for sure :0) Bought 4 while I already have one on the way with FedEx. Anyone need one for a premium?

I can feel Steve J. Frowning but at least I have his attention
  • Reply 35 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

Jesus.

Buddha.

Your turn!
  • Reply 36 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

Be kind to the price fixing, rent control crowd. Pray they don't move to your state.

Trust me when I say that you do not need to worry, as I will never move to your "state". I have spent more time than necessary on business trips there. Perhaps the freakiest dinner I ever attended was on the 7th floor of the Texas Book Depository. For dessert, we were invited to the 6th floor museum, where creepily smiling docents said charming things like "Wuh, this is the very gun used to kill President Kennedy!", and then we were encouraged to take photos on the street below where an even creepier big red "X" marked the exact spot where bullet met brain matter.

And that was the nicest part of the trip!
  • Reply 37 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

It's not about beating Apple to the punch so much as getting folks to walk into a Walmart. Many folks go their whole lives never doing that because they think that Walmart is some slum for white trash etc.

But now they can go to the local Walmart and try to get the iPad they couldn't preorder and if the tiny ass stock is sold out there's still plenty of time to go hop in the line at the local Apple store

Stereotype much? Ccomments like that make "many folks" think that Apple fanboys are pseudoelitist turds.
  • Reply 38 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blogorant View Post

Stereotype much? Ccomments like that make "many folks" think that Apple fanboys are pseudoelitist turds.

Obviously you have never spent one minute anywhere near a Walmart.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos/
  • Reply 39 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

Obviously you have never spent one minute anywhere near a Walmart.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos/

Got any stereotypical stupid pictures of yourself for sale?

No....

...Want to buy some?

You do realize that your comments say more about yourself... Than the company, employees and customers that you are attempting to demean....

• Reply 40 of 49
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

I would wager that the vast majority of readers on this site live a lot closer to a Wal Mart than they do to a Telstra store in Australia.

Never seen either one. Then again, I'm not in the New World, or upside down!