New iPad not detected as iPad on YouTube

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Just a little thing I noticed, when watching college humor videos, YouTube no longer blocks iPads.

If someone can double check with me that videos from college humor still don't work on the iPad 2 it would be appreciated. Is the new iPad no longer shown as iPad in weblogs by chance?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Wouldn't that be a function of software rather than the actual hardware?

I know in some third-party browsers... even on the iPad1, some browsers had preferences/options that you could set to have it identify itself as a "desktop" or "mobile" browser.

Are you using Safari?... the YouTube app?... or something else?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Wouldn't that be a function of software rather than the actual hardware?

I know in some third-party browsers... even on the iPad1, some browsers had preferences/options that you could set to have it identify itself as a "desktop" or "mobile" browser.

Are you using Safari?... the YouTube app?... or something else?

I'm using YouTube app and I know just a day ago on my iPad 2 it would send a push notification to say that the video is blocked on iPad. This is also true with black keys videos.

With the new iPad though it just plays without trouble. Just a nice feature IMO and another reason to upgrade. If you have anipad 2 try watching college humor. You'll be greatly disappointed
  • Reply 3 of 5
    College Humor has a dedicated app, so being blocked by Youtube doesn't really matter, IMO.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gsilver View Post

College Humor has a dedicated app, so being blocked by Youtube doesn't really matter, IMO.

0.0 I didn't know that! Thanks
  • Reply 5 of 5