Apple 'thrilled' with record launch of new iPad

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

Apple probably sold 3-4 million this weekend.

Looks like I was right
  • Reply 42 of 51
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Looks like I was right

I guess righter than Dick, since he was including other models. So that "you nailed it" is rightfully yours!
  • Reply 43 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Oh that's sad. There are plenty to be found here. My husband even says the friggen Post Office has them now. When I'm out of this blasted hospital bed give a private message I think we could arrange getting one to you.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

methinks Apple sold nowhere near 1 million new iPads. Demand sort of fizzled over here in Canada, that is to say that lots of people were lined up to buy them, but no one left empty handed and all the craigslist sales remain unsold. Either Apple fixed the supply problem or demand just wasn't what it was for iPad 2.

You guys skin these two... I'll go catch another

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Yeah, I'm swagging 3 million for the weekend (all models, both iPad 2 and new iPad).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Looks like you nailed it!

Quote:

Looks like I was right

Quote:

I guess righter than Dick, since he was including other models. So that "you nailed it" is rightfully yours!

Well... Obviously AdonisSMU has more swagger than I do -- I normally do pretty well at swaggin' contests
  • Reply 44 of 51
    storneostorneo Posts: 101member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mikeb85 View Post

I don't know, Asus and Lenovo have a few intriguing offers, geared more towards business users (can both be converted into laptops, Android gives access to the file system, ability to run certain productivity software, etc...)

But as a strait up media machine, yes, the iPad is the nicest.

If you want a laptop then get a laptop! Keep what the iPad is meant to be in perspective. Who says the iPad isn't geared toward business anyway? I see plenty of businesses using it.
  • Reply 45 of 51
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

You guys skin these two... I'll go catch another

Well... Obviously AdonisSMU has more swagger than I do -- I normally do pretty well at swaggin' contests

Oh, I reckon you got plenty of swagger left in you yet, Dick. You just didn't want to appear irrationally exuberant!
  • Reply 46 of 51
    Quote:

Oh, I reckon you got plenty of swagger left in you yet, Dick. You just didn't want to appear irrationally exuberant!

Yeah... I'm full of swag and vinegar
  • Reply 47 of 51
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

methinks Apple sold nowhere near 1 million new iPads. Demand sort of fizzled over here in Canada, that is to say that lots of people were lined up to buy them, but no one left empty handed and all the craigslist sales remain unsold. Either Apple fixed the supply problem or demand just wasn't what it was for iPad 2.

Care to retract your methinks?
  • Reply 48 of 51
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Care to retract your methinks?

He was already picked up in the NY Times. No need to retract for a while. . .
  • Reply 49 of 51
    mikeb85mikeb85 Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

That's a lot of hate for a piece of plastic with blinky things. That's how there made right.

I'm just so enamored with technology so it's hard for me to say I hate everything from a company. I own a Samsung Note and a Samsung Galaxy 7.7 and I really enjoy using them.

I have a pair of Motorola Walkie talkies that I bought for the family when we go to amusment parks and they work great, the range is forever. I also had a Xoom that I bought last Febuary and the build quality was some of the best I've seen yet, unfortunatly it was in my purse when it was stolen a month later.

I still have a portable Sony MiniDisk player that plays MP3's from a 1GB disk. It runs on one AA battery for like 48 hours. Acually I'm not much of a Sony person either to be honest.

Last I have a LG microwave that I've owned since my college years and it still works like the day I bought it and that was a while back.

There a some really neat products that those four companys have made. I'm sure you were just being silly and were pointing out that you just don't like Android devices that are manufactured from them.

That's cool each to his own but every product crap, that's just being silly.

I have a Sony camera, an LG BluRay player, a Sony DVD-drive, and a Motorola PVR, and they're all terrible. None of these companies have any vision, and while the quality is ok (except the Sony DVD drive, it only works occasionally), all are annoying to use.

I don't know anyone who has had a Samsung phone and not had issues, same goes for Motorola. I know LG makes great displays and hardware, but their software is terrible. These companies have all lost their vision and make decisions by committee.

I just saw that JD Power and associates recorded that HTC has the highest customer satisfaction ratings of any android manufacturer, there's a reason for that. And my experience with HTC and Asus has been great.
  • Reply 50 of 51
    mikeb85mikeb85 Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by storneo View Post

If you want a laptop then get a laptop! Keep what the iPad is meant to be in perspective. Who says the iPad isn't geared toward business anyway? I see plenty of businesses using it.

The iPad is only useful as a platform for the business' software. As a device that an individual as myself can use for everything, it falls short. I thought the idea of mobile devices was to replace traditional PCs?
  • Reply 51 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Perceptions can lie.

Pre-order delivered to the home and in-store pickup vastly change the dynamics of product launches.

At this point I'm wondering why people still get in line when, giving appropriate financial resources, a pre-order makes for an easier shopping experience.

The Woz stood in line with his wife because he liked the experience. Apple has a way to put an iDevice in the hands of everyone from line standers to Apple.com buyers.