Users complain of weak Wi-Fi reception with Apple's new iPad

Comments

• Reply 61 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ninadpchaudhari View Post

Guys,

I have never had a Ipad b4 , planning to Get the New Ipad when it arrives in my country ...

Must i leave this new Ipad ?

May be ppl who have already purchased this know better

I suggest that you buy it ? you will never look back.
  • Reply 62 of 131
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tjwal View Post

You left out

4.5 Majority of posters on AI deny there is any problem at all.

4.6 Any poster on AI who says it is a problem is called a troll.

Well, if the shoe fits?
  • Reply 63 of 131
    justflybobjustflybob Posts: 1,337member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

As I sit here on the throne dictating this, I show a full fan for Wi-Fi... Thankfully!

You could probably use that fan right about now?
  • Reply 64 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RegurgitatedCoprolite View Post

Oh, geeeeez, here we go again.

I received my new iPad (3rd gen.) Friday and have been using at least two hours / day, and I'm seeing no difference whatsoever in Wifi connectivity between the new one and my original iPad.

The iHaters are out in full force yet once again.

My new iPad is a tremendous leap forward from both the original iPad and iPad 2 - the retina display is phenomenal. Try as I may to get close enough to see pixelation, I cannot do so. Images on the display are sharp, rich, and beautiful. When I go back to my original iPad for comparison, my experience isn't "bad", but I definitely notice the pixelation.

The new iPad is the best Apple product I've ever owned, and that's saying a lot, having owned a Mac SE, original iMac, PowerMac G4, PowerMac G5, G3 iBook, MBP (2009), Mac Pro, all iPhone models except for the 3G, and original iPad. If you haven't gotten to use the new iPad, give it a try. It is a fantastic device.

You said brother/ sister!

I'm writing this now on my new iPad and I ain't having no damn problems with connectivity!

And the retina display is effing awesome.

Haters will hate!

Go Apple Apple! Go Apple!
  • Reply 65 of 131
    I was one of the ones who got an iPad 3 with WiFi problems. In the setup Wizard it was unable to connect to my home WiFi and had to finish the setup with iTunes. Then when trying to connect to WiFi in Settings it would either fail to show any networks, or it would connect but then 10 seconds later disconnect. Then more seriously, after 3 attempts to reconnect the iPad would kernel panic and reboot. Luckily I use Xcode so was able to confirm the WiFi failure by looking at the console log:

Mar 17 15:20:39 unknown kernel[0] <Debug>: ================================================== ==============================

Mar 17 15:20:39 unknown kernel[0] <Debug>: AppleBCMWLANBusInterfaceHSIC::start(): ERROR: Device has transitioned into CPUless mode!!!

Mar 17 15:20:39 unknown kernel[0] <Debug>: AppleBCMWLANBusInterfaceHSIC::start(): Please file a radar in Purple WiFi HSIC and attach the output of: ioreg -l -w0

Mar 17 15:20:39 unknown kernel[0] <Debug>: ================================================== ==============================

Mar 17 15:20:39 unknown kernel[0] <Debug>: AppleBCMWLANBusInterfaceHSIC::handleCPULessMode(): Dumping SoCRAM to registry property (CPULessSoCRAM) under wlan

Mar 17 15:20:41 unknown kernel[0] <Debug>: AppleBCMWLANJ1PlatformManager::reconnectBus(): Error (I/O timeout) waiting for bus to reconnect, tid(000001b0), will reset chip, (numClients: 1) (ConnectNotReceived:0

Mar 17 15:20:41 unknown kernel[0] <Debug>: AppleBCMWLANCore::getSUPPORTED_CHANNELS(): chanspecs failed, error device is offline

As you can see because of the errors it resorts to resetting the chip. I took my DOA iPad and the evidence to the Apple store and I got a replacement right away (which worked fine). Also I think there is less of a pink tinge on the screen at high viewing angles so much happier with the replacement.
  • Reply 66 of 131
    grmacgrmac Posts: 67member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacInsider2 View Post

I have had this with the ipad 2 since the first day. The wifi signal strength just randomly goes up and down.

Oh and it's with many different routers, not just using my personal one.

I've seen this on my 4s. Same with new iPad. Speeds are higher than 3GS/iOS 5.1, but only 3GS always reliably connects. Once or twice a month, wifi stops responding altogether for 4s/iPad, while 3GS soldiers on. Cycling router or wifi connections on devices clears the issue. More features + age = more tolerance for minor annoyances.
  • Reply 67 of 131
    I am also having problems with Wi-Fi. I am getting 3-4 bars on the iPod Touch and either one or none at all on the new iPad.

At nearly $750, I am going to return it for now and wait to see if it isn't fixed by my birthday this summer. Luckily, I have the Macbook Air also.
  • Reply 68 of 131
    No issue here.
  • Reply 69 of 131
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,616member
    Seems to be the same as the iPad 2 although the signal to my wireless n access point seems to have improved.
  • Reply 70 of 131
    tjwaltjwal Posts: 404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

Well, if the shoe fits?

Not really, but the original list was incomplete.
  • Reply 71 of 131
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Beats out my 4s and my MBP early 2011.

For anyone actually experiencing this (as compared to the usual trolls) just get it replaced.
  • Reply 72 of 131
    So, I take it that many of you would deny, deny, deny there could EVER possibly be ANY issues with ANY Apple product... Ever. Even after Tim Cook gets on their screen and confirms it...

People on here will still call anybody a whiner for pointing out an issue. I have given Apple probably over $20,000 over the past 10 years. If I even MENTION an issue, I'm gonna get called a whiner? Seriously people...

I have two new iPads.

MY iPad has no WiFi issue, but it DOES have a severe "burn in" issue (I know, I know, it's not called "burn in" on LCD displays... a handful of you will use that as proof that I'm clueless and my issue shouldn't be something anybody pays attention to).

My WIFEs iPad ABSOLUTELY has a WiFi issue. Unless we're very close to the router... it drops it's connection randomly and regularly.

You people on this thread need to get a grip.
  • Reply 73 of 131
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thundermustard View Post

I actually found my WiFi on the 3rd gen far superior to my iPad 1

Me too - its much faster.

And lighter too!
  • Reply 74 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maccherry View Post

You said brother/ sister!

I'm writing this now on my new iPad and I ain't having no damn problems with connectivity!

And the retina display is effing awesome.

Haters will hate!

Go Apple Apple! Go Apple!

Yeah... because maccherry isn't having the issue with his iPad, that proves that anybody suggesting they do have the issue... is a "hater."

Genius.
  • Reply 75 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

Well, if the shoe fits?

And again... justiflybob says I'm a "troll" for daring to point out that I have an iPad with the wifi issue. I wonder what he's going to say when he hears that BOTH of my iPads have an issue.

I can even post the screen of my "burn in" issue and he'd call me a troll for pointing it out.

Get a grip people...
  • Reply 76 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobringer View Post

My WIFEs iPad ABSOLUTELY has a WiFi issue. Unless we're very close to the router... it drops it's connection randomly and regularly.

There might be an issue for a few of the 3 Million hand assembled devices out there?

Shocking!

Quote:

You people on this thread need to get a grip.

pot, kettle...
  • Reply 77 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kkerst View Post

Yep, and as I have said before, before are just stupid and want to find ways to complain. There's always going to someone isn't happy. Same is true for average Yelp reviews.

Yeah... I'm stupid. kkerst just verified it.

I'm not actually having problems with my WiFi (or my screen on the other one). It's just that I'm stupid.
  • Reply 78 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

There might be an issue for a few of the 3 Million hand assembled devices out there?

Shocking!

pot, kettle...

DocNo, what in the world is your point? Yes, there might be an issue for a few of the 3 million devices. I know that. And... because I point out that I am one of the people that this affects... I need to get a grip? Seriously?

Am I freaking out about the issue? Am I saying that Apple sucks because of the issue? Am I saying that no product should never have any issues? Am I bitching that I don't think Apple will absolutely take care of my problem?

Can you tell me what *I* did specific to the issue I am having that requires me to "get a grip?" The ONLY ONLY thing I did was say that I have the issue. Because of that... I get told... "I'm stupid," "I'm a hater" and "I'm a troll."

You would ONLY be happy if nobody ever, every mentioned anything about a problem with an Apple product... ever. As I said... Apple's probably gotten about $20k from me over the past 10 years and will likely get another $20k from me over the next 10. BUT ZOMG, IF HE EVER SAYS HE HAS A PROBLEM, HE'S CLEARLY AN ANTI-APPLE TROLL!!1!
  • Reply 79 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobringer View Post

And again... justiflybob says I'm a "troll" for daring to point out that I have an iPad with the wifi issue. I wonder what he's going to say when he hears that BOTH of my iPads have an issue.

Then go get 'em replaced.

No company is 100% flawless. The damn thing are hand assembled literally by the millions, after all.

One thing I've had awesome experiences with Apple on are support. There's a reason they CONSISTANTLY come out on top in customer satisfaction surveys.

Yes, it may take a few weeks or even a month to get your issue resolved - either due to software or delays in replacement hardware due to demand. Big deal. That's life. You got the bum roll of the dice. The good news, unless you are some kind of unreasonable nut, Apple will make you happy. And even if your a nut they will refund your purchase.

I'm not just making that up - its my EXPERIENCE with them for over two decades for not just myself, but friends, family, associates and businesses.

So take a pill, ignore the idiots implying your some sort of hater for mrntioning you are having an issue (again stuff happens) and let Apple take care of it.
  • Reply 80 of 131
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

Then go get 'em replaced.

No company is 100% flawless. The damn thing are hand assembled literally by the millions, after all.

One thing I've had awesome experiences with Apple on are support. There's a reason they CONSISTANTLY come out on top in customer satisfaction surveys.

Yes, it may take a few weeks or even a month to get your issue resolved - either due to software or delays in replacement hardware due to demand. Big deal. That's life. You got the bum roll of the dice. The good news, unless you are some kind of unreasonable nut, Apple will make you happy. And even if your a nut they will refund your purchase.

I'm not just making that up - its my EXPERIENCE with them for over two decades for not just myself, but friends, family, associates and businesses.

So take a pill, ignore the idiots implying your some sort of hater for mrntioning you are having an issue (again stuff happens) and let Apple take care of it.

Seriously man... you're telling me to ignore the people calling me stupid and a troll... and then you go on and on like I'm a 4 year old that doesn't know how to deal with Apple when these things happen.

You act like anybody that has a problem doesn't actually know how to talk to Apple about them? You act like I don't know that it might take some time to fix this? Seriously... I wan't complaining AT ALL that I had the issue. All I did was point it out.

Why are you even talking to me about how to handle my issues with my iPads? I never indicated I didn't know what to do with them. I never indicated that I hate Apple because of them. I never indicated I didn't expect SOME units to have issues. Nothing.

My ONLY point is that people here are freaking out just because people admit that their units might have an issue.