Ios5 no longer displays lyrics on iPads

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Upgraded to ios5 on iPad 1. Lyrics no longer display. Same issue on iPad 2. Settings no longer has switch for turning this feature on or off. Upgraded to ios5.0.1 problem still there. Lyrics will display on iPhone and iTouch but not on iPads. New iPad Music player app leaves much to be desired. Wish I had never "upgraded".

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by oxfine View Post

Upgraded to ios5 on iPad 1. Lyrics no longer display. Same issue on iPad 2. Settings no longer has switch for turning this feature on or off. Upgraded to ios5.0.1 problem still there. Lyrics will display on iPhone and iTouch but not on iPads. New iPad Music player app leaves much to be desired. Wish I had never "upgraded".

It's true. Lyrics are no longer accessible on iPads upgraded to iOS 5.x. It's true that this sucks major donkey balls for anyone who cares about lyrics. But it's also true that iOS 5 has hundreds of other features that are either new or improved, including some, like notification center and mirroring, that are absolutely essential.

If lyrics are important enough to override the hundreds of improvements, then don't upgrade.

Personally, I can't imagine anyone who would give up notification center and the advanced gestures for lyrics.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    It's true that this sucks major donkey balls for anyone who cares about lyrics.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Dear tonton,

Mind you there are musicians who would rely on lyrics for their usage on the iPad app, and these would mean it's one of the more important feature than whatever shitty notification center and advanced gestures. How many musicians out there actually use notifications and advanced gestures as a practical source of income...?

How can one not upgrade when it is AFTER upgrading only that the users find its flaw...? And Apple hasn't been kind about downgrading the firmware either. Are you dumb or something...?

If you can't comprehend the importance of a certain few, then perhaps you can shut that hole in your face. Nobody will think less of you if you keep quiet...
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Dear tonton,

Mind you there are musicians who would rely on lyrics for their usage on the iPad app, and these would mean it's one of the more important feature than whatever shitty notification center and advanced gestures. How many musicians out there actually use notifications and advanced gestures as a practical source of income...?

How can one not upgrade when it is AFTER upgrading only that the users find its flaw...? And Apple hasn't been kind about downgrading the firmware either. Are you dumb or something...?

If you can't comprehend the importance of a certain few, then perhaps you can shut that hole in your face. Nobody will think less of you if you keep quiet...
  • Reply 5 of 14
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eithanius View Post

Are you dumb or something...?

Really? Dude, your true colors are showing. In what world is this not a personal attack?

Quote:

... then perhaps you can shut that hole in your face. Nobody will think less of you if you keep quiet...

How do you not understand that is a hostile statement? tonton made no similar or worse hostile statement that merits this response. Show me otherwise.

Also, please explain how a musician would use the lyric display professionally. They would be better served by another program, as no version of iTunes offers full sheet music display.

tonton's whole point is that it's a nice feature, and it's unfortunate that it isn't there, but only a minority would see it as a deal killer if it was gone.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    gngongngon Posts: 4member
    Sorry
  • Reply 7 of 14
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gngon View Post

Here is the solution

Why should we pay for something that used to be built into the app itself? I'm sure it'll get readded.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Oh my god nooooooooo, the inhumanity of it all. How am I supposed to shake my butty now if I can't sing along to the Little Mermaid soundtrack. Just kidding have you written a letter to the company yet?
  • Reply 9 of 14
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why should we pay for something that used to be built into the app itself? I'm sure it'll get readded.

For the basic functionality, I agree, it feels like something they forgot to put back in when they revamped the software. This app does offer more flexibiliy than Apple would though. People that really cared about the feature might be inclined to get the app anyway.

But given the app has been out for four months without a review, it might not be something many people care about.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Oh my god nooooooooo, the inhumanity of it all. How am I supposed to shake my butty now if I can't sing along to the Little Mermaid soundtrack. Just kidding have you written a letter to the company yet?

I think somebody could dial down the added snark in their morning coffee.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Sorry
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

Hello

Lyrics View is better than old iPod app for Lyrics.

Even if Lyrics still shown in Music app i would get it.

Of course you would. You're the developer.

That said, the reviews so far don't seem to be so great... but it's something that'll work in a pinch, i guess.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:

Hello

Lyrics View is better than old iPod app for Lyrics.

Even if Lyrics still shown in Music app i would get it.

Don't spam advertisements here, please.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Don't spam advertisements here, please.

Sorry,

you can update your mesages to remove all reference to this app.

I am not the develloper. I just tried to help.

Wait for Apple fix, it is better.

Regards.
  • Reply 14 of 14

Hi,

Here is a better app for lyrics view on ipad 1,2,3 ios 5+.

"Free Music dowload" edited by BSOSoft http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/free-music-download-downloader/id454975562?mt=8

This free app is not only a music downloader. You can load your music from itunes and you will have the same interface as in the old ipod apple music app to read your music files, with lyrics in all ipad! All for free!

Regards.