Settings App Crashes on iPhone 4/iPad 2 When iCloud Credentials Are Entered

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
So, the title pretty much sums up the problem. When I enter my iCloud credentials (an @me.com email address) and attempt to login, the Settings App crashes. Every time. This happens on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. When I login to iCloud using my other Apple ID (an @gmail.com email address), this problem does not present itself. However, the @me.com email address is my actual iCloud account, so the problem is, at present, precluding me from using iCloud's functionality on my iPhone 4 or iPad 2.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem? Has anyone found a workaround/fix for this issue?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    PROBLEM SOLVED

I figured out the problem. So, basically you have both iCloud and MobileMe on your iDevice which is confusing the Apple systems because you merged your MobileMe to iCloud. What you have to do is:

1. Turn your device on airplane mode so there is no internet connection (You have to do this or else your settings app will crash). 2. Go to the mail settings and delete the MobileMe account.

3. Disable airplane mode so you can enable your internet connection

4. Set up iCloud
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maxkohne View Post

If your MobileMe (now iCloud) account wasn't a child account then that's not the problem.... This problem is bugging the hell out of me.

My MobileMe account was the 'master' account on a family account. So it could still be related to having been part of a family account...
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zyniker View Post

So, the title pretty much sums up the problem. When I enter my iCloud credentials (an @me.com email address) and attempt to login, the Settings App crashes. Every time. This happens on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. When I login to iCloud using my other Apple ID (an @gmail.com email address), this problem does not present itself. However, the @me.com email address is my actual iCloud account, so the problem is, at present, precluding me from using iCloud's functionality on my iPhone 4 or iPad 2.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem? Has anyone found a workaround/fix for this issue?

Mine too, same thing although I tried myapple id original .mac account and the .me as well. same thing

I also can not get any .me.mac mail to work on my macbook pro.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maxkohne View Post

PROBLEM SOLVED

I figured out the problem. So, basically you have both iCloud and MobileMe on your iDevice which is confusing the Apple systems because you merged your MobileMe to iCloud. What you have to do is:

1. Turn your device on airplane mode so there is no internet connection (You have to do this or else your settings app will crash). 2. Go to the mail settings and delete the MobileMe account.

3. Disable airplane mode so you can enable your internet connection

4. Set up iCloud

This is what worked! Thanks so much.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    IT WORKED!!!! Thank You!! Now to try the same process with my iPad 2 --
  • Reply 6 of 7
    I just installed iCloud on my Windows 7 64 bit PC. The install went OK but when I try to login, I get a message that says "You can't login because of a server error." I am able to access iCloud through iCloud.com, so I know that the Apple ID and Password are correct. My iPhone 4s works great. I just need to set up iCloud on the PC. Can anyone help me with this?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Hi

I have a similar problem with my wife's iPhone 4s.

The phone is brand new and not jailbroken or unlocked.

When trying to enter iCloud credentials the application crashes.

Her apple ID is *****@hotmail.com

The iOS version is 5.0.1

Any clues what's wrong with iCloud ?

I'm mainly interested in making Find Myi work as she forgets her mobile phone very often, we bought it 2 weeks ago and she already forgot it twice so far .