iWeb

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm in the process of developing a web site for my business. I'm using iWeb to do it because my needs are modest and easily met by iWeb.

I am worried though because iWeb has been axed by Apple. WIll this be a problem for me? Would I be better off using another product and if so which one. I need something that is easy to use.

Comments and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    No problem ... iWeb will continue to work.

You just won't be able to have it hosted by Apple on MobileMe anymore. Not really a big deal though, as their hosting servers for that stuff were/are notoriously slow.

You'll still be able to create the site on iWeb, but you'll have to save it to a folder, then upload it to your hosting server of choice. (There may be a setting in iWeb to allow that to be automated like it is with MobileMe as well... I don't know.)
  • Reply 2 of 3
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

No problem ... iWeb will continue to work.

You just won't be able to have it hosted by Apple on MobileMe anymore. Not really a big deal though, as their hosting servers for that stuff were/are notoriously slow.

You'll still be able to create the site on iWeb, but you'll have to save it to a folder, then upload it to your hosting server of choice. (There may be a setting in iWeb to allow that to be automated like it is with MobileMe as well... I don't know.)

They have it built into iWeb to up load to a different web host other than MM. That's covered.

I'm worried about using iWeb since Apple have ceased development on it but its ridiculously easy to use and I've nearly finished my site.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

They have it built into iWeb to up load to a different web host other than MM. That's covered.

I'm worried about using iWeb since Apple have ceased development on it but its ridiculously easy to use and I've nearly finished my site.

It's not like they can reach out and delete it from your computer.

One day, the latest version of OSX will no longer support it ... but I would guess that is still a few revisions away... so you have years to find a replacement ... and then only if you need to run whatever that latest version of OSX is.

Relax... take a deep breath... iWeb should continue to work for you for a few more years at least!