Next!
  • Reply 42 of 80
    agramonteagramonte Posts: 345member
    [trolling removed]
  • Reply 43 of 80
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by galore2112 View Post

You Apple apologists are strange.

I have quite a few Apple products (the first Intel iMac, a 27" iMac, have all iPhones (except 4s), the new iPad) so don't confuse me for some Android fanboy on Google's payroll whose part time job is to seed anti-Apple sentiment.

That said, I don't get Apple's advertising strategy lately. I always found Apple's main attraction to be their very high quality and design. What's with this ridiculous advertising nowadays where Siri is advertised as some Star-trek like computer assistant (*but it's only beta so please don't expect anything about toy level) and the iPad is ultra fast 4G LTE (*but you have to travel to the USA for LTE).

I think that's just beneath THE leading consumer tech company of the world.

Steve would never have allowed Apple to issue misleading advertisements.
  • Reply 44 of 80
    sipsip Posts: 210member
    Well, I've got a funny accent: part British, part South African & part Australian -- and Siri in the UK doesn't always understand me. I spoke to my iPhone in a phoney Indian/Pakistani accent and confused the hell out of Siri.

I accept that my accent doesn't quite work with Siri and after the first couple of days of beta-testing, I turned Siri OFF. Also, we don't have that nice sexy American female so I can't even ask her to marry me!

At the end of the day, Siri played no part in my decision to acquire an iPhone4S.
  • Reply 45 of 80
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrDoppio View Post

Is a quarterly revenue of $46.33 billion also "beneath THE leading consumer tech company of the world"?

I didn't think so.

What an asinine reply of yours. I hope for Apple's long term future that your attitude is not indicative of their corporate culture because with such a "my farts smell like roses" attitude, I'd be very concerned.
  • Reply 46 of 80
    mknoppmknopp Posts: 257member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

I wonder if this person who is filing this law suit is actually being used by some other company to try and discredit Apple.

Oh, it is nothing so unknown and sinister, it is most likely something much more common and sinister. Everyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that the only people who make any real money from class-action lawsuits are lawyers. I would say that this guy was complaining about Siri within the hearing range of some blood-sucking lawyer and like the leech he was the lawyer then convinced this schmuck that Apple should be sued and he would be more than happy to sue them for him. Where, if they win the lawyer makes millions and this schmuck and every other schmuck they can convince to go along will get a check for around $10.
  • Reply 47 of 80
    j1h15233j1h15233 Posts: 274member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Steve would never have allowed Apple to issue misleading advertisements.

Is this sarcasm? Steve and his "reality distortion field" would say whatever benefited him.
  • Reply 48 of 80
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    What exactly does Siri do in TV ads that it can't do in real life?
  • Reply 49 of 80
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A new class-action lawsuit has been filed against Apple over its Siri voice recognition feature of the iPhone 4S with allegations that the company is falsely representing the service's capabilities.

"Through its nationwide multimedia marketing campaign, Apple disseminates false and deceptive representations regarding the functionality of the Siri feature," the report noted the suit as claiming. "For example, in many of Apple's television commercials, consumers are shown using Siri to make appointments, find restaurants, and even to learn the guitar chords to classic rock songs. In its advertisements, Apple depicts these tasks as easily accomplished "just by asking" Siri."

I purchased a Big Mac yesterday. I opened the package and it didn't look anywhere near as delicious as the one depicted on their menu. Looks like it's time to start a class-action file against McDs.
  • Reply 50 of 80
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JHankwitz View Post

I purchased a Big Mac yesterday. I opened the package and it didn't look anywhere near as delicious as the one depicted on their menu. Looks like it's time to start a class-action file against McDs.

I'm suing Axe Body Spray for similar reasons, but I'll settle out of court if they will hire hundreds of models to ravage me.
  • Reply 51 of 80
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Maybe this guys does not know how to ask questions (which I have seen people do) and are surprise with the out come. I have seen people do this on search engines as well. They claim they can not find something and I spend 2 min phasing the search different ways and guess what I get an answer, people it is damn computer it answer what you ask, it can not interrupt your own stupidity. I sit in business meeting and listen to people ask questions and get frustrated because they are not getting the information they need. A simple rephrase of the question and you get the information you want and they can not figure this out.

Maybe the guy stutters, and may that is his problem.

Again there is no fix for being stupid
  • Reply 52 of 80
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Onhka View Post

?and tossed back my iPhone with those ever telling-eyes, walking out the room said, "It's the species. You're all Idiots."

I find it humorous and ironic that she thinks that a gender is a species.

Oh, and to clarify, she's saying it this way because you're in the UK and Siri is a man there, right?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by j1h15233 View Post

Has anyone ever sued the beer companies? I've never seen anyone open a beer and then have an ice train with bikini girls come flying in but that's what their commercials depict.

I find it more interesting that they can absolve themselves of all litigation by saying "drink responsibly" at the end. I wonder what Apple could put in their ads to absolve themselves of litigation from idiots that don't know how to ask questions?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'm suing Axe Body Spray for similar reasons, but I'll settle out of court if they will hire hundreds of models to ravage me.

Sue for the inability to transmute matter from the air around you into diamonds in your hand, too. If they can manage to give you that in the settlement, you'll be golden.

Well, diamond.
  • Reply 53 of 80
    isheldonisheldon Posts: 570member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

What exactly does Siri do in TV ads that it can't do in real life?

Listen in traffic.

Give one a final answer.
  • Reply 54 of 80
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 80025 View Post

Try calling your financial institution, government office, or a business entity that has switched from the typical "Press 1 for this, press 2 for that" to a voice recognition system. Just see how many times the voice prompt tells you "I'm sorry, I didn't get that. Please say <<<entry>>again".

Anyone sue over that? Not to my knowledge.

They probably should since it is so frustrating that their blood pressure becomes elevated. It is dangerous to one's health.
  • Reply 55 of 80
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rbonner View Post

is there a way to track this? Just once I would love to know the actual outcome of one of these cases, you never hear about them being dismissed or awarded.

Betting that Apple has this in the budget for each new feature.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mknopp View Post

Oh, it is nothing so unknown and sinister, it is most likely something much more common and sinister. Everyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that the only people who make any real money from class-action lawsuits are lawyers. I would say that this guy was complaining about Siri within the hearing range of some blood-sucking lawyer and like the leech he was the lawyer then convinced this schmuck that Apple should be sued and he would be more than happy to sue them for him. Where, if they win the lawyer makes millions and this schmuck and every other schmuck they can convince to go along will get a check for around $10.

Here is the law firm that filed the suit. Perhaps everyone should call and express what they think of the suit, i.e., whether they wish to join or not.

Faruki & Faruki

(310) 461-1426

They are in Century City on Avenue of the Stars, not a low-rent area.
  • Reply 56 of 80
    Apple is selling it as a full fledge feature. When apple advertise Siri they are not mentioning its in a beta. We know its in a beta but the general public does not know what that means. Apple is not helping either they are not putting a disclaimer that it is a beta program. If you ask me if you push a program as vigorously as apple is pushing siri then you should release the finished product.
  • Reply 57 of 80
    aeleggaelegg Posts: 99member
    I'm a major Apple-Homer, but I've had the following funny 2 SIRI experiences:

When told to get 6 cups of Half-N-Half at the store, and it was sold in Quarts, I asked Siri how many cups are in a Quart (4). Then how many cups are in a Pint (2). Two cartons. Done.

Worked perfectly. It was my 1st "real" use of Siri besides playing.

Another time I was driving past a lot for sale, 450ft by 650ft or something like that. I asked Siri, "what is 450ft times 650ft". Wolphram Alpha gave every conceivable area measurement (including the 6.5 acres I was looking for).

In both cases, when I try to repeat the questions in front of other people to show how cool Siri is, THAT's when it bombs. I tried the cups-things 3 times or more for others, and the acre-age one once.

So the real message is that Siri is a little shy, and a little bit jealous of you pimping out her skills to other people (esp my Android friends).
  • Reply 58 of 80
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple v. Samsung View Post

Apple is selling it as a full fledge feature. When apple advertise Siri they are not mentioning its in a beta. We know its in a beta but the general public does not know what that means. Apple is not helping either they are not putting a disclaimer that it is a beta program. If you ask me if you push a program as vigorously as apple is pushing siri then you should release the finished product.

Where is it stated they are required to note it's a Beta? It still works the same way. If you sound exactly like the people in the ads and under the same conditions Siri will respond with the same answers providing there is a network connection. Only an idiot would assume that any accent, inflection, varying use of terms and meanings should still resolve every answer every time.

Humans to humans within the same family structure or age group and culture have trouble communicating precisely every time but you expect the complex nature of a computer service to do this with even more variances? That's absurd and ridiculous.
  • Reply 59 of 80
    sleepy3sleepy3 Posts: 244member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Where is it stated they are required to note it's a Beta? It still works the same way. If you sound exactly like the people in the ads and under the same conditions Siri will respond with the same answers providing there is a network connection. Only an idiot would assume that any accent, inflection, varying use of terms and meanings should still resolve every answer every time.

Humans to humans within the same family structure or age group and culture have trouble communicating precisely every time but you expect the complex nature of a computer service to do this with even more variances? That's absurd and ridiculous.

Maybe a little disclaimer wouldn't hurt?

"Siri does not work as well as shown in this ad unless you are using it under the EXACT same conditions as the ad and have a network connection"

Honestly, this whole situation is stupid. What product actually does what it advertises anyway? Go roll around in mud and chocolate and see if tide brings your white t-shirt like new. NOPE.

Or go play your Kinect for 360 and see if the onscreen character reacts as fast as in the ad. NOPE.

Go put your dishes in the dishwasher with thick greasy clumps of food stuck to it and see if cascade makes them come out sparkly clean. NOPE

The way I see it, the only honest ads are drug ads when they list every single thing that can go wrong. Other than that, marketing is all lies that are geared to stupid people that cant tell reality from BS.
  • Reply 60 of 80
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    This lawsuit is ridiculous. I don't understand why this guy didn't just return the phone and move on. He had 30 days to return the phone. It definitely couldn't have taken longer then 30 days for him to figure out Siri did not live up to his expectations. He's seeking "relief and damages". Other then the cost of the phone, what damage could this have actually caused him?