The iPad Retina Interactive iBooks Thread - The Next Gold Rush

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Calling all iPad Retina Interactive iBooks developers. Gentlemen, and ladies, start your engines...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    There's a lot of debate on SSN/ EIN/ ITIN on Apple forums and lots of confusion. Now, in the long run I have some crazy ideas but for now...

Go to the IRS website. Download form SS-4 to fax to the IRS. Read the form. See the back where it says "Is a foreign person needing an EIN to comply with IRS withholding regulations" (and for double-taxation treaties etc. eg. Australia) ~ fill out as needed.

Well, that's where I've gotten to so far.

Apparently you can call the IRS direct, or fax, wait a few days, call to check your EIN number, they will send you a letter in a few weeks, then wait another few weeks, then only enter into iBooks Paid system, then sign up, then only submit, wait 1-2 months for approval, etc.

Normally this would dent my enthusiasm but there are no aggregators for interactive iBooks 2... and, as Morpheus said,

"...They are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys, which means that sooner or later, someone is going to have to [ ] them"

There's also a few US Embassy Australia "recommended" US tax consultants in my city so I might have to chat with one of them sometime.

Good times.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Hello, I'm real interested in this new form of book, where would one start software? Are there any websites? Have you seen 'Onswipe Blog'

• Reply 3 of 4
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gillfoto View Post

Hello, I'm real interested in this new form of book, where would one start software?

iBooks Author.

Quote:

Are there any websites?

http://www.apple.com/ibooks-author/

Quote:

Have you seen 'Onswipe Blog'

Your site's scrolling is trash. If you're going to advertise your site here (don't, by the way), at least make it scrollable.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

iBooks Author.

http://www.apple.com/ibooks-author/

Your site's scrolling is trash. If you're going to advertise your site here (don't, by the way), at least make it scrollable.

Just downloaded to iMac, thanks

Excuse me are you talking to me? This is not my website, I have no connection whatsoever. You need to lighten up brother, this is no way to communicate with fellow aspiring 'iBook techie' especially an Apple user, which I have been since 1986.