Ashton Kutcher reportedly cast as Steve Jobs for indie biopic

Comments

• Reply 21 of 60
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

I think Noah Wyle did a fantastic job in his prior SJ role. Ashton Kutcher does not have what it takes. If you ask me he is a very one dimensional actor.

He can't even pull off a good 2 and a Half Men replacement, IMO.

I think Noah was a little weak, they need someone with a little more passion. How about Tom Cruise? Naw, just joking, even though he could probably pull it off.
  • Reply 22 of 60
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by halhiker View Post

Please God, NO! Let it be an April Fool's gag because I'd much rather have Charlie Sheen or ANYONE else than Ashton Kutcher. ANYONE!

Charlie Sheen is way too intense for this role IMO. I think Tom Cruise would be better, I mean Tom cruise knows how to throw a tantrum. :-)

Noah Wyle was too wimpy of a Steve Jobs. They need someone that can take command of the BIG screen.
  • Reply 23 of 60
    mac_dogmac_dog Posts: 1,069member
    why not cast jennifer aniston, adam sander, vince vaughn and kevin james while you're at it?

make it a veritable shit-storm of talent.
  • Reply 24 of 60
    Haha, isn't it kind of late for an April Fools Day joke?
  • Reply 25 of 60
    psych_guypsych_guy Posts: 486member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drblank View Post

Charlie Sheen is way too intense for this role IMO. I think Tom Cruise would be better, I mean Tom cruise knows how to throw a tantrum. :-)

Noah Wyle was too wimpy of a Steve Jobs. They need someone that can take command of the BIG screen.

Daniel Day-Lewis.
  • Reply 26 of 60
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So Noah Wyle, the guy that already knows how to play Steve Jobs, the guy that actually looks like Steve Jobs, and the guy on whose performance Steve Jobs personally signed off?

? isn't going to reprise his role.

?

This better be a lie. Though it IS Sony, after all.

Noah Wyle was perfect in Pirates of Silicon Valley.
  • Reply 27 of 60
    Though this is an April Fools joke it is an interesting question to ask regarding who would be a good Steve Jobs impersonator. Ashton Kutcher is OK for some roles but not this one. Tom Cruise might have been mentioned as a joke but honestly he is a great actor.

Which male actor would be willing and able to go from a healthy weight to a gaunt look for a role? Tom Hanks did it for a movie but he's too old to pull this off. I agree that Noah Wylie comes off weak.
  • Reply 28 of 60
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Punk'd!
  • Reply 29 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So Noah Wyle, the guy that already knows how to play Steve Jobs, the guy that actually looks like Steve Jobs, and the guy on whose performance Steve Jobs personally signed off?

? isn't going to reprise his role.

?

This better be a lie. Though it IS Sony, after all.

This isn't the sony flick about jobs but some indie effort
  • Reply 30 of 60
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smallwheels View Post

Though this is an April Fools joke?

Do we know that?

Quote:

Which male actor would be willing and able to go from a healthy weight to a gaunt look for a role?

They faked it with CGI in the most recent Twilight, why not with?

?no, stop it. I don't know that for the reason you think.
  • Reply 31 of 60
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,101member
    Nobody could ever replace Noah Wylie. One of the best movies, ever.
  • Reply 32 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

Nobody could ever replace Noah Wylie. One of the best movies, ever.

I dunno. Jonah Hill is showing up everywhere. You heard it here first!
  • Reply 33 of 60
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member
    What I don't understand is Steve Jobs had way more popularity that Ashton. To me Steve Deserves an A rated Actor. Some one who is of great stature and is highly accredited in the Hollywood Community. Ashton didn't even know Steve Jobs. I don't think Ashton doesn't even get how big Steve Jobs really was and still is.

Noah is a good choice being that he kinda looks like Jobs. But yes even Tom Cruise would be better than Ashton.

How about Stanley Tucci? He even looks like Jobs. He may be a little to old though huh?
  • Reply 34 of 60
    Christian Bale, hands down. Google an image, can play anything and goes up and down weight without a hitch.
  • Reply 36 of 60
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Well, I guess my selection of choice, Eddie Murphy, just got flushed down the toilet.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gumashow View Post

Christian Bale, hands down. Google an image, can play anything and goes up and down weight without a hitch.

On a more serious note, Bale would be awesome. He's got talent, is a character chameleon, and has that 'do not fuck with me' aura that Jobs had.

Just don't walk around in the background while he's filming his scene or he'll go thermonuclear on you.
  • Reply 37 of 60
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I don't like Ashton Kucher at all, but I think the casting is perfect. He has just the right amount of arrogance and not caring what anyone else thinks.

I'd rather have Johnny Depp. He looks more like Steve, and he's way better
  • Reply 38 of 60
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,278member
    In other news, Tracy Morgan will be playing Barack Obama and Apu Nahasapeemapetilon will be playing Ghandi.
  • Reply 39 of 60
    bedouinbedouin Posts: 331member
    Woody Allen will portray Meg Whitman.
  • Reply 40 of 60
    lxglxg Posts: 19member
    He is great for TV and slap-stick movies...but not this. Another movie to put on my "Do Not Watch" list.