Google's Larry Page thinks Steve Jobs's hatred of Android was 'for show'

Comments

• Reply 41 of 137
    cycomikocycomiko Posts: 716member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBell View Post

Yes, but most of the lawsuits are directly at the third party manufacturers use of Android. Further, Apple still relies heavily on Google for Search and other services. So, Apple wouldn't sue Google until it could easily cut the cord. Moreover, Google is about to inherit Apple's lawsuits with Motorola.

Apple has alternative options on search. When I upgraded to 5.1 I got switched over to yahoo...

either way, holding steady, messing around on the fringes is not exactly indicative of Jobs desire to "go thermonuclear war" on them.
  • Reply 42 of 137
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Drax7 View Post

Page spinning it again like a true thief.

"Real artists steal"?
  • Reply 43 of 137
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

Apple has alternative options on search. When I upgraded to 5.1 I got switched over to yahoo...

Quite the alternative... not.
  • Reply 44 of 137
    hittrj01hittrj01 Posts: 753member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by doyourownthing View Post

this is from a company that invented web searching, and then produced several half-baked products...and then stole all the rest...

sounds like complete and utter bullshit...

android is still a stolen product, and a complete piece of shit...

Their search is best in business, as is their email, IMO. Google Maps is best in its business, as well. Past that, arguments can be made. I personally believe Chrome is the best browser out there, but just about everything else Google does is unbelievably average at best. YouTube is a necessary evil, but is really not too great, IMO.
  • Reply 45 of 137
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

Quite the alternative... not.

Why isn't Yahoo (or Bing) and alternative?

I use Yahoo all the time. 99% of the time, it works just fine. On very rare occasions, I might not be happy with the results and I can easily search Google if I wish. But why should Google be able to earn money off me for routine searches (as well as sell my information)?
  • Reply 46 of 137
    It looks like the pressure is now on for Google.... best short of all time.

It's time to make nice with Apple as the sky is soon to fall... Jobs ment every word he said regarding Android and it will come true.... so many bad things are now happening to Android as fragmentation, Samsung going its own way with advertising, Baidu in China, Windows Mobil, Nokia, etc, all plied on top of Apple slowly pulling away from Google Search.... the cupboard is about to go bare.

Not going to be a pretty picture as earnings start down over the next year,,, watch out below!
  • Reply 47 of 137
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member
    Dear Larry "Gurgles" Page,

Why don't you honor us by cutting the crap?

Do it just for show. Maybe then you'll impress.

Until then, Ciao Gurgles.
  • Reply 48 of 137
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Jobs didn't hate Android and he said as such.

Jobs hated that Android stole off Apple, if the creators of Android had developed it based on their own ideas there was no problem.

He was quite clear on this.

Some people need to learn how to understand English a bit better before flying off at the handle.
  • Reply 49 of 137
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red Oak View Post

Nice f****** try Larry

I can't wait to hear Larry explain the Motorola performance in upcoming earnings calls. This purchase is probably the worst business decision I have seen in the last 10 yrs. He obviously did not take Steve's last advice

or maybe he did?

• Reply 50 of 137
    Somebody post that picture of Khan, with the caption, "for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

No, this is just Larry's opinion. I suppose it's possible that it was bluster. Steve Jobs was, above all else, pretty intelligent, and not the kind to throw conference room chairs like certain Microsoft CEOs. It's hard to picture him taking it personally, which is how some people take the "thermonuclear" quote. He got over Bill Gates' copy of the Mac UI. Eventually.
  • Reply 51 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post

you mean the lawsuits against the manufacturers of end products? with their own skins and the like?

When is the lawsuit against google going to occur?

When Google start making handsets.
  • Reply 52 of 137
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

"Real artists steal"?

Now that was just for show and you quote Jobs entirely out of context. The adage originated with Picasso, as well. The rudimentary Xerox technology was not stolen by Apple, it was bought and greatly enhanced. Much of the iPhone technology is patented or awaiting a patent decision. It's ripe for stealing, but don't let Apple catch you.
  • Reply 53 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hittrj01 View Post

...as is their email....

I prefer .me, I don't like sending email with ads in it.

Gmail is good for signing up to dodgy sites and leaving alone to fill with spam.
  • Reply 54 of 137
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    Yeah!!! cuz no one at apple was gonna rally around the iPhone or iOS without a little executive rage.
  • Reply 55 of 137
    eksodoseksodos Posts: 186member
    Yeah and iConsumers hatred of Android is just for show too.
  • Reply 56 of 137
    grbladegrblade Posts: 93member
    Larry Page clearly doesn't understand Steve Jobs' passion.
  • Reply 57 of 137
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eksodos View Post

Yeah and iConsumers hatred of Android is just for show too.

And Android users who feel they've been gypped as well.

If any one here sells phones NEVER tell people that Android phones are just like iPhone's, not if you don't want to deal with irate customers seeking a return, when they realise just how f***ed up Android can be.

Here's a hint if they ask about syncing with iTunes get them an iPhone.
  • Reply 58 of 137
    Yes, Steve invited Larry over to discuss how to run a company. How to make great products. Steve spilled the beans from his bed, and Larry lapped it up. "Those Google Glasses are going to be insanely great, I wish we'd thought of that" Steve told Larry. And, "I only wish the AppleTV had as many features as Google TV."

Larry left Steve with enough tips and ttricks to keep Google busy for a decade.

But tucked away, hidden inside the safe of the Jobs' family attourney, there is a letter. It's from Steve, to Larry. It is scheduled for delivery in 2021. It says,

Dear Larry,

You stole my stuff, and you can s*** my a**. Did you really think I was going to give you all my good ideas? Everything I told you was a lie, designed send Google on a gigantic detour. And look - it's ten years later. I may have passed on, but I know with certainty that Google has gone the way of Microsoft. And I helped push you over the edge.

Don't you EVER steal from Apple again.

Love, Steve
  • Reply 59 of 137
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    There is much I don't like about Google and the way that they implement certain things, but I believe this statement to be true.

Personally, I think that Steve's biggest concern wasn't Google threatening Apple, but Apple threatening Apple by becoming complacent.

And what better way to prevent that from happening by declaring a war on...<fill in the blank>

However, I think Steve definitely hated Eric.

That guy lacks morals, and is a real schmidt-head.
  • Reply 60 of 137
    prof. peabodyprof. peabody Posts: 2,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

Yeah!!! cuz no one at apple was gonna rally around the iPhone or iOS without a little executive rage.

Exactly.

And the best way to rally the troops is to release a statement to your biographer to be printed in a book that you are pretty sure won't come out till after you die.