Biographer says Steve Jobs was legitimately infuriated by Android

Comments

• Reply 21 of 291
    jhende7jhende7 Posts: 62member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrDoppio View Post

Unless Isaacson can show what exactly is copied verbatim by Android, he is full of shit.

Larry? Is that you Larry?

No it can't be, because even Larry knows he shamelessly ripped off the iPhone...
  • Reply 22 of 291
    drdoppiodrdoppio Posts: 1,132member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Please, don't try to sound as though you know what you're talking about, because you don't.

Ditto.
  • Reply 23 of 291
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MobileMe View Post

Cook though is obviously not going to have the same drive and passion about apple as steve did, and his approach to settle with google is an obvious indicator.

I think settlement could be good for Apple, provide they're the one who get financial benefit of course. How is it not good for Apple if they could add cost into Android? Destroying Android just isn't a reality.
  • Reply 24 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Are you joking? Look at the screens, and it's pretty obvious. Schmitt himself said that when they first bought Android, they were going to model it off the Blackberry, but then when Apple had the iPhone, they changed it to model that instead.

This is an old argument. If you can't see the differences in form and function, they perhaps you aren't looking.

There are many similarities; there is no word-for-word copying. Android does not take code from iOS.
  • Reply 25 of 291
    haarhaar Posts: 563member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The biographer also predicted that current Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook will use a different approach than Jobs, who vowed to "go thermonuclear war" to stop Android. Isaacson instead believes that Cook will eventually settle Apple's Android-related lawsuits.

[ View article on AppleInsider ]

so they lucked out, IMO Tim Cook has "bigger fish to fry".
  • Reply 26 of 291
    Quote:

Then you must be myopic. Heal thyself.

As opposed to having my head burried in the sand like you.
  • Reply 27 of 291
    Quote:

Does it now? Did the author claim so, or is this your imagination?

How is it my imagination when the article shows mr. Page's words is not what we think it should means? In other words, he is slimey.
  • Reply 28 of 291
    wigginwiggin Posts: 2,265member
    Quote:

Have a second look then.

But don't just look at what information was publicly available and when. Remember, Schmitt as an Apple board member may have gotten information about the iPhone long before it was ever publicaly revealed and may have been using that info to influence the path Android took. So even if a feature appeared on Android first doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't copied from the iPhone.

So unless you are privy to what information Schmitt had access to and when, vs when you found out about it, any arguments about what is self-evident is pointless and second looks are only second guesses...also pointless.
  • Reply 29 of 291
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,462member
    Quote:

a) i think Jobs would be dissapointed in how Cook is handling the things he fought for.

b) Cook should drop the nuke on Google. I'm pretty sure scott forstall would have kept to steves vision!

a) SJ himself said, not to run Apple saying "what would SJ do" but rather, do what they thought was right.

b) It's harder said than done since Patents can only take you thus far, you cannot take both devices to court and say "see... it looks the same." Besides, Android had so much distribution that the courts would most probably rule that it will hurt the consumer should Android be halted, and this one thing will overrule all chances in discontinuing Android.
  • Reply 30 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

So unless you are privy to what information Schmitt had access to and when, vs when you found out about it, any arguments about what is self-evident is pointless and second looks are only second guesses...also pointless.

Exactly.
  • Reply 31 of 291
    bwinskibwinski Posts: 164member
    Larry Page has NO CLUE what Steve was thinking or what Tim may do... In all likelihood, part of Tim's legal team already has the charges placed..... What a short-sighted child....
  • Reply 32 of 291
    magic_almagic_al Posts: 325member
    Quote:

There are many similarities; there is no word-for-word copying. Android does not take code from iOS.

The Philips/Magnavox Odyssey2 game K.C. Munchkin took no code from Atari's 2600 console port of Pac-Man, came out the year before, and had a number of innovative features not found in the original Namco Pac-Man, but Atari still won the lawsuit (on appeal).
  • Reply 33 of 291
    haarhaar Posts: 563member
    Quote:

Currently Tim Cook is ridinig the success and waves of what Steve Jobs placed in the pipeline for Apple.

Cook though is obviously not going to have the same drive and passion about apple as steve did, and his approach to settle with google is an obvious indicator.

i think Jobs would be dissapointed in how Cook is handling the things he fought for.

Cook should drop the nuke on Google. I'm pretty sure scott forstall would have kept to steves vision!

Cook in a few years will be another sculley.

are you kidding... Steve Jobs recommended Tim Cook for CEO, and made sure(and trusted him) by giving him a golden handshake of like 500 million dollars(stock options) after 10 years... just so he would follow Steve's vision for five years. IMO. if anything Steve Jobs knew people, thus Tim Cook was the only person that Steve Jobs would trust with the job.
  • Reply 34 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I'm inclined to think Larry Page is delusional to think Steve didn't mind the rip off!

No, just kidding himself. Page has said that he looked up to Jobs, who was already a legend in Silicon Valley by the time Page and Brin go Google started. Besides, Jobs was very gracious to Page personally, might may have colored his remarks. Also that Page wasn't the one who was siphoning off ideas and technology from Apple.
  • Reply 35 of 291
    hellacoolhellacool Posts: 759member
    vowed to use his "last dying breath" to "destroy" it.

How did that work out for you Steve?

Sent from my Android phone.
  • Reply 36 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Magic_Al View Post

The Philips/Magnavox Odyssey2 game K.C. Munchkin took no code from Atari's 2600 console port of Pac-Man, came out the year before, and had a number of innovative features not found in the original Namco Pac-Man, but Atari still won the lawsuit (on appeal).

Apple should sue then.

Coming back to my original comment, I contested specifically the word verbatim. I'm not interested in getting sucked deeper in yet another general "Android was stolen" discussion.
  • Reply 37 of 291
    Quote:

Unless Isaacson can show what exactly is copied verbatim by Android, he is full of shit.

Isaacson wasn't basing his statement off of his technical knowledge of mobile operating systems, he was paraphrasing what Steve Jobs said to him. And the whole point of this most recent squabble is not the validity of the claims that Android ripped-off iOS, but that SJ was doing it for show. Isaacson was simply pointing out that right or wrong, SJ was truly pissed of and that he (SJ) believed that it was a wholesale copy. What you are asking for is for SJ to explain why he believed that he got ripped-off (and I believe that he really thought that), but unless you have a Ouija Board all you're going to get is Isaacson's report of how sincerely upset SJ was.
  • Reply 38 of 291
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Can people just stop with this bullshit? All these assholes just want a few seconds in the spotlight leeching off the SJ name and trying to convince people THEY know what he meant. The guy is dead, leave him alone with his words and stop trying to fucking reinterpret them to your own benefit.
  • Reply 39 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

vowed to use his "last dying breath" to "destroy" it.

How did that work out for you Steve?

Sent from my Android phone.

How many people will cry for you, or miss you, when you die?
  • Reply 40 of 291
    hellacoolhellacool Posts: 759member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

How many people will cry for you, or miss you, when you die?

Only the important ones.