Biographer says Steve Jobs was legitimately infuriated by Android

Comments

• Reply 101 of 291
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

[...] "He said, 'You can't pay me off, I'm here to destroy you.' "[...]

Sounds like Larry Ellison and Oracle are saying the same thing.

Good luck in court, Google. The 'doing evil' thing isn't going to pay off for you.
  • Reply 102 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellacool View Post

If the truth about Steve'o hurts, maybe you should re-look the person whose ground you worship. You can not argue my comments.

I don't worship the ground anyone walks on (although I do worship myself). I simply think that insulting a dead person is crass (especially followed by bragging on your oh so awesome parental skillz).
  • Reply 103 of 291
    hellacoolhellacool Posts: 759member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doctor David View Post

As a father you set a terrible example for your children by dancing on someone's grave. Ya, you've got a reason to brag

At least I am around to set that example, not dodging my responsibilities.
  • Reply 104 of 291
    You're a sick individual. Even those people that had "run-ins" with SJ or those that prefer alternative products recognize what an amazing person and human-being he was. It's despicable that you make claims like this. What an insanely rude, hurtful, and offensive claim you made (that is completely false by the way).

I will personally work to educate others about Apple's iOS versus Android so that there are fewer people like you around and so that people choose to reward the companies that truly innovate and create something wonderful (as opposed to repackage an idea with a couple new tricks and call it their own=Google's Android).

When you are on your deathbed, I hope there are things left that you still want to accomplish and are unable to so that you have a moment of reflection and remember what a terrible comment you made here.

Quote:

I am willing to bet more cheered for ol Stevo's demise than those that cried.

Sent from my Android phone using the operating systems Steve failed to stop to his dying breath.

• Reply 105 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freckledbruh View Post

I don't worship the ground anyone walks on (although I do worship myself). I simply think that insulting a dead person is crass (especially followed by bragging on your oh so awesome parental skillz).

No bragging, simply pointing out that Steve'o is a despicable human being, anyone that dis-owns his own child and makes every attempt to deny paternity is pathetic. Just the fact that you can comment on my parenting "skillz" puts me 5 steps ahead of him, regardless if you approve or not.
  • Reply 106 of 291
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    This thread has already reached the full of fail stage.
  • Reply 107 of 291
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by haar View Post

are you kidding... Steve Jobs recommended Tim Cook for CEO, and made sure(and trusted him) by giving him a golden handshake of like 500 million dollars(stock options) after 10 years... just so he would follow Steve's vision for five years. IMO. if anything Steve Jobs knew people, thus Tim Cook was the only person that Steve Jobs would trust with the job.

I'm curious what evidence there is that Tim Cook is the wrong guy for CEO or that Scott Forstall is CEO material. In Walter Isaacson's book Steve was quoted as saying Jony Ive had more operational power and understood Apple at its core better than anyone else. But I think it's well known he has no interest in being CEO. Quite honestly I could see Eddy Cue as CEO before Scott Forstall. In Adam Lashinsky's book "Inside Apple" he said the only Apple executives who attended Steve's burial service were Tim Cook, Jony Ive and Eddy Cue. That leads me to believe those three were the closest to Steve and probably have the most clout at Apple.
  • Reply 108 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by appleistheway View Post

You're a sick individual. Even those people that had "run-ins" with SJ or those that prefer alternative products recognize what an amazing person and human-being he was. It's despicable that you make claims like this. What an insanely rude, hurtful, and offensive claim you made (that is completely false by the way).

I will personally work to educate others about Apple's iOS versus Android so that there are fewer people like you around and so that people choose to reward the companies that truly innovate and create something wonderful (as opposed to repackage an idea with a couple new tricks and call it their own=Google's Android).

When you are on your deathbed, I hope there are things left that you still want to accomplish and are unable to so that you have a moment of reflection and remember what a terrible comment you made here.

Wow, joined just to comment on my posts. I would venture to guess his son would disagree with you.
  • Reply 109 of 291
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post

A year before Apple went to Xerox they started working on a powerful graphics engine (later became known as QuickDraw). The idea to use that engine to create a graphical user interface was inspired by Xerox. Not the "entire OS". Not only that, Apple paid to talk with Xerox's engineers, and made it clear that they were going to make a consumer product based on those ideas. And not only that, hired a few of the original engineers from Xerox. At the time Xerox was not interested in a consumer computer, but targeted the enterprise... they wanted to create a paperless office. Furthermore, Xerox DID sue Apple.

Didn't Larry Tesler work for Apple for most of the 80's?
  • Reply 110 of 291
    Google thought it up it up all on their own. Apple wasn't a factor at all...right?

Larry Page is a douche, and android sucks balls.
  • Reply 111 of 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hiro View Post

This thread has already reached the full of fail stage.

Nazis, disparaging the dead... no end of fail on this thread...
  • Reply 112 of 291
    luxom3luxom3 Posts: 96member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

The bolded part... you need to learn more about this.

The rest I can agree with for the most part.

Thanks island - it was pointed out ... "A year before Apple went to Xerox they started working on a powerful graphics engine (later became known as QuickDraw). The idea to use that engine to create a graphical user interface was inspired by Xerox. Not the "entire OS". Not only that, Apple paid to talk with Xerox's engineers, and made it clear that they were going to make a consumer product based on those ideas. And not only that, hired a few of the original engineers from Xerox. At the time Xerox was not interested in a consumer computer, but targeted the enterprise... they wanted to create a paperless office. Furthermore, Xerox DID sue Apple."

Learned a little bit more about the Xerox history...
  • Reply 113 of 291
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I'm inclined to think Larry Page is delusional to think Steve didn't mind the rip off!

Yeah, I think Steve Jobs was doing was keep your friends close and your enemies closer to find out what they are doing. I think Android is going to be doomed to failure and it not soley based on my bias towards Apple. It is based on observations.

Apple has consistency, higher customer satisfaction, customer service, more control over a MUCH better ecosystem, better able to attract and please the Corporate and K-University market, which are VERY important.

Is there a reason why Mercedes Benz dealerships have switched from Dell/Windows to Apple desktops, iPads, iPhones and create a bunch of free download apps for their products?

How about 25% or so Cisco employees use Macs/iPhones, etc.?

How about GE starting to let Apple products for their employees, various banks, Nordsrom, other long term High Profile corporate customers.

Go to www.google.com and they don't even have a tab that says ANDROID. Google's own website looks like an amateur made it. It is just a joke to me.

Corporations want to rely on a company that has a COMPLETE solution rather than a fragmented one. I think that Dell and HP, being big Microsoft partners are going to abandon Android altogether once Microsoft releases Windows 8.

Now, here is an interesting observation. Based on Market Capitalization Apple is worth more than Microsoft, HP, Dell, Sony's Computer Division, Samsung's Computer Division, ASUS, Lenovo, Acer and probably Toshiba's Computer division COMBINED and they have more upward momentum than all of them combined. Google Market Cap has been fairly flat. If things go as they have like the past 2 years, you can throw Google into the group. Nuff said.
  • Reply 114 of 291
    sipadansipadan Posts: 107member
    Quote:

Wow, joined just to comment on my posts. I would venture to guess his son would disagree with you.

Despite the fact that you are clearly here to provoke and infuriate, I have a question for you regarding Steve's paternity shortcomings:

Do you have ANY information as to WHY he refused (if he did) to assume paternity of that child? Any at all? Or are you just playing judge and jury? Like the perfect Dad you are?
  • Reply 115 of 291
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    Quote:

vowed to use his "last dying breath" to "destroy" it.

How did that work out for you Steve?

Sent from my Android phone.

Steve 's last set of iPhones now outsells the combined Android on all of the Major US carriers. Working out prett well I gues.
  • Reply 116 of 291
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrDoppio View Post

There are many similarities; there is no word-for-word copying. Android does not take code from iOS.

Only because they stole the basis for their code from Java instead of Objective-C. Which brings up the other lawsuit...
  • Reply 117 of 291
    Quote:

I'm inclined to think Larry Page is delusional to think Steve didn't mind the rip off!

Yeah, I think Steve Jobs was doing was keep your friends close and your enemies closer to find out what they are doing. I think Android is going to be doomed to failure and it not soley based on my bias towards Apple. It is based on observations.

Apple has consistency, higher customer satisfaction, customer service, more control over a MUCH better ecosystem, better able to attract and please the Corporate and K-University market, which are VERY important.

Is there a reason why Mercedes Benz dealerships have switched from Dell/Windows to Apple desktops, iPads, iPhones and create a bunch of free download apps for their products?

How about 25% or so Cisco employees use Macs/iPhones, etc.?

How about GE starting to let Apple products for their employees, various banks, Nordsrom, other long term High Profile corporate customers.

Go to www.google.com and they don't even have a tab that says ANDROID. Google's own website looks like an amateur made it. It is just a joke to me.

Corporations want to rely on a company that has a COMPLETE solution rather than a fragmented one. I think that Dell and HP, being big Microsoft partners are going to abandon Android altogether once Microsoft releases Windows 8.

Now, here is an interesting observation. Based on Market Capitalization Apple is worth more than Microsoft, HP, Dell, Sony's Computer Division, Samsung's Computer Division, ASUS, Lenovo, Acer and probably Toshiba's Computer division COMBINED and they have more upward momentum than all of them combined. Google Market Cap has been fairly flat. If things go as they have like the past 2 years, you can throw Google into the group.

Do you think a big corporation is going to do a quality presentation to the CIO that will compete against Apple's story?

Yeah, the Google rep might tell the CIO in an Executive Briefing - "Well, the top apps sold for our tablets are games, game, social network, games, and oh, we have this Google Doc app which looks like a child created the GUI and we promise we won't give out personal information. And you can have ADs on your internal applications so we can make money since our OS is Open Source." And while the Google rep is being kicked out of the account, he yell back to the CIO, but Sir, WE HAVE ANGRY BIRDS!! And Facebook apps!

Nuff said.
  • Reply 118 of 291
    Quote:

Actually, Steve screwed up by allowing Eric $_h_it onto the board of directors without having himself on Google's board of directors during the same time period.
  • Reply 119 of 291
    rabbit_coachrabbit_coach Posts: 1,114member
    Some guys in this thread post just to provoke. Please don't quote these silly posts, it doesn't help!

Thanks!
  • Reply 120 of 291
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Quote:

If the truth about Steve'o hurts, maybe you should re-look the person whose ground you worship. You can not argue my comments.

There's no point in arguing with fools.