Apple to kick off 2012 Worldwide Developers Conference on June 11

Comments

• Reply 41 of 70
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Exactly. You have to start them off with the number first, to get them on the right track.

It's amazing that people still say 'iPhone 5' after the release of the iPad…

What is amazing is that you have such a personal investment in the name of the next iPhone. 

For your sake I hope you are right. How tall is the Geostationary Tower? 

• Reply 42 of 70
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

What is amazing is that you have such a personal investment in the name of the next iPhone. 

For your sake I hope you are right. How tall is the Geostationary Tower? 

Let's just say I'm a champion of common sense.

It'd be, what, 36,000 kilometers, or thereabouts.

• Reply 43 of 70
    not1lostnot1lost Posts: 136member

YAAAAaaaahooooooo ! Now I can start breathing again..... And I can smell the sweet smell of apples in the AIR producing visions of PRO's of every kind blasting lightning speed spectrum's of Retina Colors sparkling all over the room while every picture in my iCloud renders perfectly on the walls and every program running at the same time on the ceiling and floors as I levitate into the iCloud!!!!! :-)

• Reply 44 of 70

Quote:

Originally Posted by not1lost View Post

YAAAAaaaahooooooo ! Now I can start breathing again..... And I can smell the sweet smell of apples in the AIR producing visions of PRO's of every kind blasting lightning speed spectrum's of Retina Colors sparkling all over the room while every picture in my iCloud renders perfectly on the walls and every program running at the same time on the ceiling and floors as I levitate into the iCloud!!!!! :-)

Folks, this is what happens when you grind up an Apple product box into a powder and snort it. So for all those of us that keep our boxes, stay safe.

• Reply 45 of 70
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    hittrj01 wrote: »
    <p> iOS 6? Definitely</p><p> new iPhone? no</p><p> iPod of any kind? no</p><p> iPanel? no</p><p> iMac? no</p><p> any new hardware? no</p><p>  </p><p> This will be about delivering the GM seed for Mountain Lion and the first developer preview of iOS6, nothing more.</p>

I disagree a little. While the focus will be software, if there is anything in the software that will leak hardware details, they will announce it at WWDC.
  • Reply 46 of 70

Quote:

Folks, this is what happens when you grind up an Apple product box into a powder and snort it. So for all those of us that keep our boxes, stay safe.

(-: ¿????? ¿???s ?no? ?? p???? ?,up?? no? ?? ?ou? no? p?no? ?o?

• Reply 47 of 70
    chabigchabig Posts: 641member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleGreen View Post

Let the speculation begin.....

Will they or won't they announce.....?

It's a developer's conference, not a product introduction. They'll talk about Mountain Lion and iOS 6. That's it.

• Reply 48 of 70

Apple WWDC 2012 - Intels 3D Transistors.jpg

LOOKS A LITTLE SUSPICIOUS TO ME....??? :-)

• Reply 49 of 70

Just based on the logo. I am guessing there will be a iPanel introduction.

from small square to large square, you can see them representing iPod nano, iPhone, iPad and iPanel. 

And June introduction with a holiday season release is reasonable, and reduce the likelihood of info leaking.

• Reply 50 of 70
    smiles77 wrote: »
    <p> [...] Btw, any speculation on the invitation? I hate the color scheme, but I can't think of it showing significance beyond apps...</p>

The invitation graphic is nice. Colour choice is not so bad really, in fact it is subtlety designed but the week we have been waiting for couples with the apple logo excites me... me gusta

I can only speculate but those tiles (or diamond really, not to be confused with MS tiles (read piles)) and the colour means emphasis this year is on apps, versatility (iOS/OS X convergence) and mac mini.
  • Reply 51 of 70

Hello,

Well i have  iOS 2 before,

Its also working so well but if i compare my apple with  iOS 6 ,

Then surly  iOS 6  have great results. now me crazy to got  iOS 6....can any one share its photo? 

• Reply 52 of 70
    rtm135rtm135 Posts: 310member

I really hope Apple can bring some feature parity with Android this year.  My iOS6 wish list:

1. Widgets.  OS X has them.  We want them.

2. New lock screen actions: Face unlock, Gesture Unlock, Biometric Unlock.

3. NFC.  I'm really looking forward to ditching my wallet

4. Improved text input (Swype)

5. FaceTime Unlimited (3G/4G)

6. Siri enhanced for more Voice Actions.  (I never want to have to type again.)

7. Apple's version of Google Navigation.  (I love TomTom but it isn't integrated.)

8. Best-in-breed camera lens with panoramic and Photo Booth effects.

9. Enhanced connectivity with iCloud.  Free increase from 5GB to 10GB.

10. Apple's version of Live Tiles to replace static icons.  I want to be able to get at my information quicker.  ("glance & go")

11. Random Ringtones.  I have 150 ringtones and I'd like to hear a random one without having to jailbreak my phone.

12. Support for larger screens.

13. Folder space increased.

14. New phone options like Quick Response

15. Additional utilities like Data Usage Analysis

16. Better app integration and app sharing.

17. Enhanced Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities.

Did I miss anything?

• Reply 53 of 70

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtm135 View Post

My iOS6 wish list:

1. Who's 'we'?

2. Why? They've been proven not to work and to be easily crackable.

3. Yep.

4. Eh, I could take it or leave it.

5. That's for the carriers to decide.

6. Yep.

7. Yep. Though they probably never will actually do anything with those mapping companies of theirs.

8. That'd be neat.

9. Sort of pushing it. Though I imagine once Mountain Lion is out, we'll see Reminders and Notes added to iCloud.com.

10. Yeah, I can see that. Disabled on the iPhone 4, of course.

11. How would you know it's your phone in a crowded place?

12. You can already output video to larger sizes than the iPhone's.

13. Oh, is it limited on pocketable iDevices? I don't keep apps on my iPhone anymore, so I haven't tried out my hacked iOS 5.

14. Could you elaborate?

15. Don't we have that? Or do you mean by data type?

16. Sharing… OF apps, or sharing within apps?

17. Such as?

Quote:

Did I miss anything?

A Siri API.

• Reply 54 of 70
    rtm135rtm135 Posts: 310member

1 - We is: everyone who wants widgets (duh)

2 - Once NFC is there and my phone becomes my wallet, I want increased security like biometrics.

7 - Sarcasm isn't becoming

10 - Neither is cynicism

11 - Vibration and blinking light

12 - I'm talking about support for a larger iPhone screen.  Like 4-5 inches.

13 - Folders are limited to 12 apps.

14 - "Quick Responses For Incoming Calls" http://www.android.com/about/ice-cream-sandwich/

15 - "Control Over Network Data" http://www.android.com/about/ice-cream-sandwich/

16 - Windows Phone 7 and Windows 8 allows apps to share data, which simples tasks like sharing.

17 - NFC Beam, Wi-Fi Direct http://www.android.com/about/ice-cream-sandwich/

• Reply 55 of 70

1. Well there's that. What about the rest of us?

2. Ah, you mean worsened security.

7. Nope. Legitimate worry.

10. Nope. Common sense.

12. Ah, you're one of those. image

13. Seems rather arbitrary, don't you think?

14. That's idiotic. I'd be offended if you responded to my call with a text, and I certainly wouldn't call again. Costing me freaking money with that crap.

15. Yeah, that'd be nice.

16. Hmm. It would depend on the data, I guess.

17. Can't they already do that?

• Reply 56 of 70
    bslaghtbslaght Posts: 40member

Quote:

Exactly. You have to start them off with the number first, to get them on the right track.

It's amazing that people still say 'iPhone 5' after the release of the iPad…

i still say iPad 3...the reason?  I work in a place with a fleet of iPads...versions 1-3.  The NEW iPad to us simply means the latest one we purchased.   

thats why numbers stick around... I get Apple's "go cleaner" naming scheme, however...there is a reason that version numbers exist.

• Reply 57 of 70

Quote:

Originally Posted by bslaght View Post

i still say iPad 3...the reason?  I work in a place with a fleet of iPads...versions 1-3.  The NEW iPad to us simply means the latest one we purchased.   

thats why numbers stick around... I get Apple's "go cleaner" naming scheme, however...there is a reason that version numbers exist.

Exactly, and there's nothing wrong with "iPad 3". Using "iPhone 5" to refer to an unreleased device is a problem.

• Reply 58 of 70
    gctwnlgctwnl Posts: 278member

I am hoping for resolution independence at all levels. E.g. SVG supported next to PNG etc. With all the different resolutions and sizes out there, this is becoming a problem. Take iBooks, it is all still very much pixel oriented.

• Reply 59 of 70

Quote:

Originally Posted by gctwnl View Post

I am hoping for resolution independence at all levels. E.g. SVG supported next to PNG etc. With all the different resolutions and sizes out there, this is becoming a problem. Take iBooks, it is all still very much pixel oriented.

Ooh! Give me support for interactive SVG images in iBooks Author! That would be absolutely glorious, and it would solve the problem (of massive amounts of detail) that I'm going to have with my book's maps.

• Reply 60 of 70
    marcusj0015marcusj0015 Posts: 200member

I'm excited about a new Macbook, hopefully it'll be Retina, Ivy Bridge, and NVIDIA 600 series GPU and a monster of a battery, And released in time for Back To School.