Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

IT'S NOT A PRETTY PICTURE! I DON'T LIKE DOING IT!"

• Reply 2 of 9
    godzillagodzilla Posts: 156member

What is your deal, you doofus. Obviously you're knee deep in AAPL shorts and your sweating bricks.

Yeah, the richest company in the world growing 100% YOY and a Stock already up 50% this year takes a breather. The human psych can be so infantile it's incredible as to how we've gotten to where we're at (debatable in terms of how advanced it is anyways).

• Reply 3 of 9
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post

What is your deal, you doofus. Obviously you're knee deep in AAPL shorts and your sweating bricks.

Yeah, the richest company in the world growing 100% YOY and a Stock already up 50% this year takes a breather. The human psych can be so infantile it's incredible as to how we've gotten to where we're at (debatable in terms of how advanced it is anyways).

Except that when you try to say that AAPL is about to take a breather you get called a contrarian.

• Reply 4 of 9

Taking a breather is different from the bogus doomsday stories that most "bears" like to show forth. Any even remote rationalization shows that AAPL stock is fundamentally artificially massively undervalued, ready to explode (as it did earlier this year).

Breather, yes, it's the way the game is played. But those who try and make it sound like the company or stock is "headed down" as in for the long haul, are just P'O'd that they didn't make money off of AAPL like so many others have (it's called being a smart investor), and/or are trying to short the stock or get a lower entry point. AAPL could possibly hit $500 or lower, who knows, in the short term, but anyone who doesn't think that the Stock, if even dragged by the company's performance, isn't going to get vastly higher than where it is now in the future, is clearly on an anti-Apple agenda.

• Reply 5 of 9

Quote:

Taking a breather is different from the bogus doomsday stories that most "bears" like to show forth. Any even remote rationalization shows that AAPL stock is fundamentally artificially massively undervalued, ready to explode (as it did earlier this year).

Breather, yes, it's the way the game is played. But those who try and make it sound like the company or stock is "headed down" as in for the long haul, are just P'O'd that they didn't make money off of AAPL like so many others have (it's called being a smart investor), and/or are trying to short the stock or get a lower entry point. AAPL could possibly hit $500 or lower, who knows, in the short term, but anyone who doesn't think that the Stock, if even dragged by the company's performance, isn't going to get vastly higher than where it is now in the future, is clearly on an anti-Apple agenda.

That wasn't my point... and you know it. Get with the program... etc.

• Reply 6 of 9

Quote:

just P'O'd that they didn't make money off of AAPL like so many others have (it's called being a smart investor), 

I know a guy who made a fortune in the stock market back when everybody was making a fortune in the stock market.  He thought it was because he was a smart investor.

• Reply 7 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

I know a guy who made a fortune in the stock market back when everybody was making a fortune in the stock market.  He thought it was because he was a smart investor.

Besides... anyone who has been shorting AAPL and/or trying to get a lower price point has been doing quite well over the last few days.

• Reply 8 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am a Zither Zather Zuzz View Post

Besides... anyone who has been shorting AAPL and/or trying to get a lower price point has been doing quite well over the last few days.

True.  But I feel bad for anybody who paid North of $600.  Nobody can say for certain how long it will take to regain the losses.

In the medium run, I wouldn't bet against Apple.  But the recent volatility makes me think that there exists a lot of disagreement among investors as to valuation.

• Reply 9 of 9

Please, this isn't a rational "valuation disagreement". The company trades at an 8 Forward P/E and is making cash hand over fist, and China guarantees that even if the U.S sits still, growth will be multiplying into the near future. This is AAPL in late 2011 all over again, manipulated-ly depressed, and ready to correct upward all over again in a large fashion. How low it will go before that, is another story, however. Those who payed over $600 got a great deal on the company, but if they were looking for short term trades, yes, it's a waiting game right now, and it was a perfect logical bet so it makes sense as to why everyone's scratching their heads.

It's said over and over for years with AAPL.... hang in there and even if you payed the peakest price on the Stock at this moment, you will be sitting on massive gains in the near future. Valuation and fundamentals are in line, so ignore talking heads with Put Options forcing them to troll internets with doomsday stories like Zither Zather.