What's your Favorite Beer? - domestic or IMPORT!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've often wondered how people can drink beers like Miller, Bud, or any other domestic beers. Their all crap IMO!! I have a thing for IMPORT beers, especially Lager types. My old favorite was Heineken, and Peroni is not bad either. By far, my current favorite beer is a Belgian Lager called Stella Artois. If you live in a small town, you've probably never heard of it. It's by far the best tasting and of course most difficult to find. I have to order it by the case to get it in my town. If you like Lager beer, try this one.

Here is a list of my favorite beers - the best being at the top. Lets get a tally going on who drinks what and see which is the most popular brand, import or domestic beer. State your favorite and if its already listed just increase the number and if not, just add as needed.

(IMPORTS)

1 Stella Artois - Belgium

1 Heineken - Netherlands

1 Peroni - Italy

1 Sapporo - Japan

(domestic)

[ 01-24-2003: Message edited by: jkarc21 ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 94
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    There are no bad beers, only some are better than others.

Guinness - Ireland

PBR - Wisconsin

Stella - Egypt

[ 01-24-2003: Message edited by: bunge ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 94
    in the springtime <a href="http://www.leinie.com/splashscreen.asp"; target="_blank">leinenkugel</a> makes a fine beer called big butt.

drink one for me cause you know i can't drink anymore.....

(to paraphrase paul mccartney, paraphrasing picassos last words)
  • Reply 2 of 94
    [quote]Originally posted by bunge:

<strong>There are no bad beers, only some are better than others.

Guinness - Ireland

PBR - Wisconsin

Stella - Egypt

[ 01-24-2003: Message edited by: bunge ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

kostrizter - germany (yummy dark goodness)

also like:

boddingtons - brit

anchorsteam - usa

sierra nevada pale ale- usa

shiner bock - usa ( texas original)

fat tire - usa

hoegarden - belgium ( great belgium white)
  • Reply 4 of 94
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    I'm more of a vodka man. Anything of Smirnoff quality or higher tastes pretty good...f**k mixing it. Sip it or down it...whatever.
  • Reply 5 of 94
    stella was good!! i had that in egypt, 100 degree days make anything cold taste good....but it reminds me of another one that i liked, kingfisher from india, really cold is best, it's like the hindu coors, uh...er....if hindus drank....
  • Reply 6 of 94
    If you've ever had "frat beer", you'd know that there ARE bad beers. Only thing that makes it seem better is the alternative, "date-rape punch"
  • Reply 7 of 94
    jkarc21jkarc21 Posts: 132member
    [quote]Originally posted by ericj551:

<strong>If you've ever had "frat beer", you'd know that there ARE bad beers. Only thing that makes it seem better is the alternative, "date-rape punch"</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've never heard of "date-rape punch". Do you mean "hunch punch"!!
  • Reply 8 of 94
    [quote]Originally posted by superkaratemonkeydeathcar:

<strong>stella was good!! i had that in egypt, 100 degree days make anything cold taste good....but it reminds me of another one that i liked, kingfisher from india, really cold is best, it's like the hindu coors, uh...er....if hindus drank....</strong><hr></blockquote>

Is there another beer called Stella from egypt?
  • Reply 9 of 94
    [quote]Is there another beer called Stella from egypt? <hr></blockquote>

the one i drank was brewed in alexandria.

[ 01-24-2003: Message edited by: superkaratemonkeydeathcar ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 94
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Not a beer fan, but I'm definitely into all those "froo froo" malt beverages with 5% alcohol by volume. My favorites:

Bacardi Silver

Jack Daniel's Hard Cola

Skyy Blu
  • Reply 11 of 94
    More info on the Stella beer from Alexandria. It seems last year Heineken bought the majority of ABC stock and now controls the Alexandria based company.

<a href="http://www.heinekencorp.com/heineken/intermain.nsf/0/b9155157acba23f7c1256c3f006103d9?OpenDocument"; target="_blank">Heineken bought out Stella.</a>

<a href="http://www.alahrambeverages.com/"; target="_blank">stella web site link..</a>

I can't wait to try one...

[ 01-24-2003: Message edited by: jkarc21 ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 94
    [quote]Originally posted by superkaratemonkeydeathcar:

<strong>stella was good!! i had that in egypt, 100 degree days make anything cold taste good....but it reminds me of another one that i liked, kingfisher from india, really cold is best, it's like the hindu coors, uh...er....if hindus drank....</strong><hr></blockquote>

Kingfisher is good. You can get a Taj Mahal at the Indian restaurant on Lake street that's pretty good too.
  • Reply 13 of 94
    Erdinger Hefe Weissbier

My father works at Carlsberg and I have access to as much beer I want (they get 60 bottles a month to take home but my parents prefer wine) but I really don´t like any of the Carlsbergs

But Like BR I´m more into vodka. And tequila. Try this at home kids: One shot tequila and one shot Cointreau or Grand Marnier. Fill with apple juice.

[ 01-24-2003: Message edited by: Anders the White ]</p>
  • Reply 14 of 94
    Heh, just drank a few Carlsbergs, which were given as a gift. Not that great, but they were pretty good. I can see myself putting down LOTS of carlsberg, but Yuenling is cheaper here and tastes similar. My favorite beers are usually heavy and the kind where you can enjoy the taste for a while.

Without further ado:

1) De Groen Pils (USA)

2) Becks (germany)

3) Pilsner Urquell (Czech)

Hmmm, I wonder if he likes Pilsners? Anyway, I intensely dislike dark beers. They are too sweet and sticky. Ick. Even Guiness is just so sticky and awful. The germans got it right. The Brits/Islanders messed it up. (Although I'll give a thumbs up to Boddingtons).

Someone was talking about Vodka:

As for vodka, I like Stoli. There are no comparisons. And in DC you can get it for $24/handle. But as far as hard liquors go I think I like whisky the most. The Famous Grouse is a good staple in this category.

[ 01-24-2003: Message edited by: Splinemodel ]</p>
  • Reply 15 of 94
    i've had a taj mahal, but it was a little too heavy for my taste. my wife really likes it, and in honor of her she would want me to mention her fave, Chimay.

once at a place called elsa's in milwaukee she ordered Chimay, and they charged us $30 for a bottle! (it does serve two) she explained that it was made in belgium by trappist monks, or something.

and i said for $30, the bloody pope and the virgin mary should've helped out as well!

[ 01-24-2003: Message edited by: superkaratemonkeydeathcar ]</p>
  • Reply 16 of 94
    I don't know which Chimay I've had, but it's heavy stuff. Makes Guinness taste like water!
  • Reply 17 of 94
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Stone Ruination IPA

Stone Imperial Russian Stout... 10% by volume!

Full Sail Barleywine... also 10%

Lagunitas Maximus

Anchor Liberty Ale

Anchor Steam
  • Reply 18 of 94
    timotimo Posts: 353member
    Enjoying a sister brew of Chimay right now, Duvel.
  • Reply 19 of 94
    Lately I've ben drinking <a href="http://www.longtrail.com/"; target="_blank">Long Trail Ale</a>. It's brewed in Vermont.
  • Reply 20 of 94
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    guinness for taste. free erin.

after a few smokes (of legal or il variety), and after some drinks, just about any beer can be decent. even miller genuine draft. theres no sober mind that could stand mgd; but while intoxicated it can aide in maintaining or expanding inibriatedness.