If there is no iPhone, what phone should I buy?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I'm going to wait until tomorrow, but assuming that there is no iPhone (and I hope that there IS) what phone should I buy? I'm extremely tempted by the SE K800i, largely for the camera but also the reliability of a SE. The only reasons I'm tempted by a Nokia are:

1. The full functionality of PROPER address book. My current SE won't display full address details unless I got 'Edit Contact' Not satisfactory.

2. Greater storage for text messages. My old Nokia could hold, I guess literally 1000 text messages. My SE struggles to hold as many as 200.

Is the K800i better fo both of these? Or can you name a compromise candidate?

Obviously if Apple release my much wished and prayed for iPhone I'll be fine! As long as its available in the UK.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    I'm going to wait until tomorrow, but assuming that there is no iPhone (and I hope that there IS) what phone should I buy? I'm extremely tempted by the SE K800i, largely for the camera but also the reliability of a SE. The only reasons I'm tempted by a Nokia are:

1. The full functionality of PROPER address book. My current SE won't display full address details unless I got 'Edit Contact' Not satisfactory.

2. Greater storage for text messages. My old Nokia could hold, I guess literally 1000 text messages. My SE struggles to hold as many as 200.

Is the K800i better fo both of these? Or can you name a compromise candidate?

Obviously if Apple release my much wished and prayed for iPhone I'll be fine! As long as its available in the UK.

Um, I am kind of confused. Are you waiting for the iPhone 5 because you wont be able to get one probably until October. The Nokia 800 or 900 are nice phones if you like Windows Mobile, as your from the UK and are familiar how great Nokia's service is if you cant wait the go for the Nokia. I would buy it out right and not on contract, it's cheaper in the long run.

If you can wait I would defiantly go for the new Apple iPhone, only if they increased the screen size that is. Also be warned that tbe iPhone is very exspensive.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Um, I am kind of confused. Are you waiting for the iPhone 5 because you wont be able to get one probably until October. The Nokia 800 or 900 are nice phones if you like Windows Mobile, as your from the UK and are familiar how great Nokia's service is if you cant wait the go for the Nokia. I would buy it out right and not on contract, it's cheaper in the long run.

If you can wait I would defiantly go for the new Apple iPhone, only if they increased the screen size that is. Also be warned that tbe iPhone is very exspensive.

Why are you replying to this? It's from AUGUST 2006. There was absolutely no expectation of an iPhone happening then, so the guy was as lost then as he is now.

Also, 6th iPhone. You should certainly know better.

And again, it's 'definitely', not 'defiantly'. Common error.

• Reply 3 of 6
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why are you replying to this? It's from AUGUST 2006. There was absolutely no expectation of an iPhone happening then, so the guy was as lost then as he is now.

I don't care if you are a moderator and I really don't care if you ban me for calling you out but get off the whole '6th iPhone so they won't be calling it the iPhone 5' stuff. Unless you are going to post your real name and where you work at Apple, you can't really say what they will or won't do. Yeah they might call it the iPhone and drop the numbers, yeah they might call it the iPhone 6. But they could also call it the iPhone 5 if they want. So get off your high horse over it. 

• Reply 4 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

I don't care if you are a moderator and I really don't care if you ban me for calling you out…

Were I to do that, I should be banned for such stupidity and you immediately reinstated. 

Quote:

…you can't really say what they… …won't do.

Sure I can. They won't make the next iPhone CDMA-only. They won't make the next iPhone with a plastic screen. They won't make the next iPhone without a camera. They won't make the next iPhone with a Mini HDMI port.

They won't call their 6th device "5".

Quote:

But they could also call it the iPhone 5 if they want. So get off your high horse over it. 

They could also call it iPhone 12 or iPhone Yes or iPhone Ham Salad. If there's precedent in Apple's history for referring to a device by a generation number that doesn't correspond to its generation, by all means, show me!

• Reply 5 of 6
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

And again, it's 'definitely', not 'defiantly'. Common error.

Oh I wasn't looking at the post date, why did this thing show up in the first place. English is my third language so I think you can ignore such things and not mention it again, especially when I used your spell checker.
  • Reply 6 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Oh I wasn't looking at the post date, why did this thing show up in the first place.

That's weird as all get out. Was it just at the top of the New Posts list?